LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 257 users in the forums

Raiders First Rounder

From realgm.com

Raiders Getting Offers For 8th Pick
30th March, 2010 - 4:53 pm
San Francisco Chronicle - The Raiders have received offers for the eighth overall pick.

An unknown team has offered Oakland a second-round pick this year and first-round pick in 2011 for the eighth pick next month, according to San Francisco Chronicle.

The deal would allow the Raiders to get back in the 2011 first round after they dealt their pick to the Patriots in the Richard Seymour deal...

Wonder who the team is...
Would be nice if true and the niners pulled the trigger. However, like someone said, I would wait till draft day, on the small chance the players you would want are still there, but I would let the raiders know we were interested.

Would give niners lots of directions the niners could go.

However, remember this is about the time teams start their smoke and mirrors routine to feel each other out.
maybe it's the dolphins trying to move up for cj spiller
Originally posted by teeohh:
maybe it's the dolphins trying to move up for cj spiller

good take him
Originally posted by 9erred:
Originally posted by Sacramento49er:
ESPN just wrote something about the Raiders being willing to trade their 1st round pick, #8 overall, for a second this year and a first next year. When considering the exodus of underclassmen this year due to the likelihood of a rookie salary cap and hoping expecting to have a pick lower than 8 next year do you think this could be a good idea? With three first rounders this year which has multiple players who could greatly improve the team I think this could be a real possibility to improve the team greatly. Not only that but it would allow us to trade down in order to pick up an interior linemen without reaching and some more picks, say trade the 17 for around 24. Just a thought.

If I was Baalke I would be in Oakland right now meeting face to face with Al to get this deal done.

If the niners had #8, 13 and 17, it would be surreal. I personally think Al is doing this to save cash, anticipating a rookie cap next year.

He's trying to get back what he traded to New England...chances are he's going to need a new QB next year.
Originally posted by jreff22:
ESPN just wrote something about the Raiders being willing to trade their 1st round pick, #8 overall, for a second this year and a first next year. When considering the exodus of underclassmen this year due to the likelihood of a rookie salary cap and hoping expecting to have a pick lower than 8 next year do you think this could be a good idea? With three first rounders this year which has multiple players who could greatly improve the team I think this could be a real possibility to improve the team greatly. Not only that but it would allow us to trade down in order to pick up an interior linemen without reaching and some more picks, say trade the 17 for around 24. Just a thought.

If I was Baalke I would be in Oakland right now meeting face to face with Al to get this deal done.

If the niners had #8, 13 and 17, it would be surreal. I personally think Al is doing this to save cash, anticipating a rookie cap next year.

He's trying to get back what he traded to New England...chances are he's going to need a new QB next year.

i think thats what hes doing too or to make room so he can give an extension to mcnabb
Originally posted by GEEK:
The problem is that the 49ers may need a first round pick next year if Alex Smith doesn't pan out.

Yeah.. We will need to be able to trade up to get Jake Locker.
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by jreff22:

i think thats what hes doing too or to make room so he can give an extension to mcnabb

Makes sense, when haven't the Raiders picked in the top 10 lately? It's a deep draft he probably figures he can still do well in the second for much cheaper
Share 49ersWebzone