LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 261 users in the forums

Raiders First Rounder

Would be nice if we did, just don't see it happening.
It would definitely guarantee us one of the top tackles. But, yeah, it's probably pie in the sky.
Way too much money spent on unproven players.

2 players in the top 17 is big bucks and we have producing players on the team that will need to be resigned.

I'd rather trade the 17th pick and go down futher in the 1st and pick up an addition 2nd rounder myself.

This is a very deep draft in rounds 1-2 and could easly get 4 starters with this strategy.
If we could get 3 starters - Yeah! OT, Spiller, Iupati
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:

• fryet
  • Veteran
It does sound like a great deal, but besides Berry, who else would you want at #8? One would think that next year's 49er draft pick would be a lot lower than #8. If the 49ers drafted an OT at #8, then that player would need to be a LT - the value just isn't there for a RT.
Originally posted by fryet:
It does sound like a great deal, but besides Berry, who else would you want at #8? One would think that next year's 49er draft pick would be a lot lower than #8. If the 49ers drafted an OT at #8, then that player would need to be a LT - the value just isn't there for a RT.

either bulaga or williams will be guarenteed to be at that spot
If they really wanted to do it we should jump on it. I don't understand the Raiders' logic behind it though...
Originally posted by foreign49er:
If they really wanted to do it we should jump on it. I don't understand the Raiders' logic behind it though...

they mustve relized they cant draft people in the top 10
Originally posted by ghostrider:
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:

lmao

Originally posted by foreign49er:

dont want to pay top 10 money to a player cuz they are gonna trade for mcnabb and have to take on his contract plus they will wanna re-sign him
Originally posted by rk1642:
Way too much money spent on unproven players.

2 players in the top 17 is big bucks and we have producing players on the team that will need to be resigned.

I'd rather trade the 17th pick and go down further in the 1st and pick up an addition 2nd rounder myself.

This is a very deep draft in rounds 1-2 and could easily get 4 starters with this strategy.

I agree rk. But I'd trade #13 down to NE for their #22 and #57. Select Iupati at #17. I'd then trade up our #49, packaged with Baas and our 4th round pick to the Lions at #34. Pick Charles Brown or Rodger Saffold at #22, Jahvid Best at #34 and CBs Brandon Ghee or Akwusi Owusu-Ansah at #57.
  • LA49erFan4ever
  • Info N/A
i would do it only if we could get berry or Okung with the pick
Originally posted by sdaddy101269:
Originally posted by scopur49er:
Three first round picks, including one in the top 10, would mean they need to shell out big bucks for contracts and I doubt the Niner brass is feeling that frugal these days.

+1
Originally posted by KowboyKiller:
Oh man, for the right player such as the aforementioned Berry, I would definitely do it. But if I were Baalke I'd wait until draft day to see who is there and then make the call..

this
Share 49ersWebzone