There are 91 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Mike Singletary and Trent Baalke are in Texas today to watch Dez Bryant

f**k that, he's overrated
If Dez falls...we NEED to grab him. Then OT with the #17. Then Gard/safety with the 2nd and 3rd rounders.........ohhh my god i cant wait for the draft. Picture that. Lining up Bryant, Crabs, Morgan, VD, Gore at the same time.....yikes!!!! With Brandon backing up....That's a ridiculously potent combo......AND we upgrade the line all in the same year.....Please football gods.....we've waited long enough!
Big deal, they are at his pro day. Doesen't mean they will take him IF he is available. No way they take him in fact. Not enough balls to go around for a team who wants to run the ball plus the ego's (Crabs, VD, Gore and now Dez White) and the X factor Eugene Parker plus we have far greater needs.
Originally posted by TeambyTheBay:

I wouldn't say that, but I just think the character concerns are too overwhelming. Star wideouts in the NFL are often divas, but all of them put in the work and are committed to their craft. Otherwise you end up with the Rashaun Woods or Charles Rogers types.

[ Edited by znk916 on Mar 30, 2010 at 10:29:55 ]
He was also at Bradford's workout, doesn't mean we are drafting him.

No big deal.
Originally posted by znk916:

I wouldn't say that, but I just think the character concerns are too overwhelming. Star wideouts in the NFL are often divas, but all of them put in the work and are committed to their craft. Otherwise you end up with the Rashaun Woods or Charles Rogers types.

But you forget that a character concern that causes a player to slip may be very enticing due to sing's penchant for wanting to tranform troubled players. Barrows commented as much on his blog and live chats so don't rule out any player due to immaturity etc.
He does have better game speed than what he was clocked at.
Originally posted by Niners23:
Originally posted by znk916:

But you forget that a character concern that causes a player to slip may be very enticing due to sing's penchant for wanting to tranform troubled players. Barrows commented as much on his blog and live chats so don't rule out any player due to immaturity etc.

Yeah I do agree the Sing factor is a wild card that we hold in hand over other teams. But also keep in mind maybe Sing is not out there looking to reform every bad apple on the tree.

I do think Dez is a viable pick for us though, because it sounds like his issues are mainly with focus and dedication, nothing evil otherwise. But if he goes to any other team, I do think he's a big bust risk.
NFL.com Blogs had him clocking twice at 4.52

http://blogs.nfl.com/
Yeah, I have a feeling that this is more of a cat-and-mouse game then actually serious scouting. But a Crabtree, Davis, Bryant, Morgan receiving corp would be sweet
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
NFL.com Blogs had him clocking twice at 4.52

http://blogs.nfl.com/

Not good
Originally posted by teeohh:
Initial reports on Dez Bryant's 40-yard dash are not encouraging. One scout in attendance texted that Bryant clocked an unconfirmed 4.57.

schefter

The player he's most compared to, Larry Fitzgerald, ran a 4.53. And NFLN is reporting a 4.52. He can jump like Fitz and has hands like him.
He was clocked at a 4.68 as well.

I seriously doubt he goes top 10. I think his best chance is to go to Seattle at 14 otherwise he could slide down a bit.
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
He was clocked at a4.68 as well.

I seriously doubt he goes top 10. I think his best chance is to go to Seattle at 14 otherwise he could slide down a bit.

• yummy12
  • Info N/A
Acoording to ProFootballTalk he failed to impress people today...