LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 334 users in the forums

Mike Singletary and Trent Baalke are in Texas today to watch Dez Bryant

I think there is a chance he falls out of the top 20. I could see Dallas and Ariz as two potential team who could move up a few spots to take him.
No more slowish but good route runners needed please.

If anything we need a quick slot guy like the Patriots Wes Welker.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Noway he goes in the top ten, maybe not even in the top 15.
  • pd24
  • Veteran
Originally posted by susweel:

Maybe top 17?
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
I think there is a chance he falls out of the top 20. I could see Dallas and Ariz as two potential team who could move up a few spots to take him.

The last thing I want to see is Arizona finally lose their duo of Boldin and Fitzgerald, only to turn around and draft Dez Bryant, who has potential to be better than Boldin.

Originally posted by OnTheClock:
NFL.com Blogs had him clocking twice at 4.52

http://blogs.nfl.com/

Not good

Fitzgerald ran a 4.53
Bryant at 13 and Spiller at 17

....I just put down the peace pipe.
On NFL network they had him running a 4.52 and then a 4.60 on field truf witch is like running on Grass. but he didn't finish the 3 cone or the 20 shutle why didn't he finish then??? why a 4.52 to a 4.60 sound like he is out of shape. that with all the character concern i have a problem with. he is a good player there are alot of questions about him.
Originally posted by nickbradley:
NFL.com Blogs had him clocking twice at 4.52

http://blogs.nfl.com/

Not good

Fitzgerald ran a 4.53

Fitz had two monster years at Pitt (record-breaking) and is a little taller and has longer ams than Dez Bryant plus he was considered a much better character guy than Dez Bryant is who only really played (started) one full year of College football.
Originally posted by pd24:
Originally posted by susweel:

Maybe top 17?

Only way he goes at 17 if some team trades up for him.

The only way, and I mean ONLY way, we should pick him up is if we trade for Gaither for our second and pick up either Haden or Berry with #13. If that happens, we have the luxury of picking him up at 17 (Although Spiller might be a better returner, I don't wanna piss off one of our top 3 players in Gore by taking away his carries. Bryant would help our return game and give Smith another toy to use in the receiving game.)
Originally posted by TheRatMan13:
Bryant at 13 and Spiller at 17

....I just put down the peace pipe.

You might want to pick it back up, because Dez just ran a 4.68 on one of his tries. Personally I wouldn't care. Get Gaither, Spiller and Dez. WOW.

Gore, Spiller, Davis, Crab and Dez? WTF! Thats an offense for the ages (on paper..lol)
I doubt Bryant moves much. He's still the most talented receiver in the draft and because of that, he'll go within the top 25 picks. Even pot-smoking Harvin went early.

[ Edited by OnTheClock on Mar 30, 2010 at 12:29:03 ]
I doubt Bryant moves much. He's still the most talented receiver in the draft and because of that, he'll go within the top 25 picks. Even pot-smoking Harvin went early.

Harvin went 22nd overall and ran a 4.41 40. I do think Bryant will go in the top 25 though.

Harvin went 22nd overall and ran a 4.41 40. I do think Bryant will go in the top 25 though.

The difference was that Harvin wasn't graded overall as the top WR in the draft. When teams put on the tape and look at the numbers, there's a significant drop off after Bryant. His value naturally becomes inflated because of this, and multiplies further when you have multiple teams that WR is a serious need for.
Share 49ersWebzone