LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 258 users in the forums

Mike Singletary and Trent Baalke are in Texas today to watch Dez Bryant

http://www.sacbee.com/static/weblogs/49ers/archives/2010/03/mike-and-trents.html

Don't reach too much into that
  • pd24
  • Veteran
Quote:
Given that, why would the 49ers even sniff around Bryant? Because he's 6-2, 220 pounds, is considered the top receiver in this draft class and many believe he's better than Crabtree. Singletary's role this spring is delving into troubled players' pasts and trying to figure out whether they simply made mistakes or have deeper character flaws. I imagine he not only spends some quality time with Bryant today but makes phone calls to people who are most familiar with him. A year ago, Singletary put in a similar call to the high school coach of a player who was riddled with character concerns. The 49ers ended up taking that player, Crabtree, with the 10th pick.

Read more: http://www.sacbee.com/static/weblogs/49ers/archives/2010/03/mike-and-trents.html#ixzz0jgGhEdqi

Is the bolded true? I don't think he is better than Crabtree.
I think he's considered more physically gifted.
Nobody is better than Crabz. F*ck that.
Originally posted by pd24:
Quote:
Given that, why would the 49ers even sniff around Bryant? Because he's 6-2, 220 pounds, is considered the top receiver in this draft class and many believe he's better than Crabtree. Singletary's role this spring is delving into troubled players' pasts and trying to figure out whether they simply made mistakes or have deeper character flaws. I imagine he not only spends some quality time with Bryant today but makes phone calls to people who are most familiar with him. A year ago, Singletary put in a similar call to the high school coach of a player who was riddled with character concerns. The 49ers ended up taking that player, Crabtree, with the 10th pick.

Read more: http://www.sacbee.com/static/weblogs/49ers/archives/2010/03/mike-and-trents.html#ixzz0jgGhEdqi

Is the bolded true? I don't think he is better than Crabtree.

He's not necessarily better than Crabtree, but rated higher. Not only is he a good receiver, but he's an awesome return man as well. Crabtree also had injury concerns and played in the Texas Tech system.

(Yes, I know Okla St. doesn't run a pro style either but not as gimmicky as Tech's. Also, yes I know Crabtree didn't get suspended by the NCAA, I'm just stating he is rated higher than Crabtree b/c he's more versatile and about .2 seconds faster)
Originally posted by znk916:
I think he's considered more physically gifted.

that he is.

What If...

What if we do get this guy? I guaurentee that we will be spread 100%. Our O will be potent. But we still need an OL.
Initial reports on Dez Bryant's 40-yard dash are not encouraging. One scout in attendance texted that Bryant clocked an unconfirmed 4.57.

schefter

Originally posted by teeohh:
Initial reports on Dez Bryant's 40-yard dash are not encouraging. One scout in attendance texted that Bryant clocked an unconfirmed 4.57.

schefter

I bet thats what Crabs runs as well.

schefter

Oh sh**, disregard my previous ".2 seconds faster" statement, lol

schefter

Perfect! the 49ers love slow players! we'll take him!
I read somewhere that Coaches and Scouts interview and go to prodays of guys they arent even considering drafting and stay away from guys that they wanna draft.
Share 49ersWebzone