LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 352 users in the forums

Tim Tebow invited to NFL Draft green room

Originally posted by valrod33:
the jags told the nfl that they are gonna draft him. thats why he got the invite

I can't think of any other reason he would be invited. Hope you're right. Means someone else falls to #13.
Originally posted by KRS-1:
Tebow's invite has to do with the NFL looking at inviting 2nd round prospects to the draft in all likelihood.

makes sense
just a ploy to get the ratings up.
  • Chief
  • Veteran
I hope we draft him.
I think it's time to entertain the possibility that Tebow could go Top 10.

If players like Jamarcus, Alex Smith, David Carr, Joey Harrington, Tim Couch, Akili Smith, Ryan Leaf, Cade Mcnown, etc can go top 10, then why not Tebow.

I will be laughing my ass off at the team that drafts him prior to the 5th rd, unless that team is the 49ers. Then I will be crying.
Originally posted by DesiDez:

If players like Jamarcus, Alex Smith, David Carr, Joey Harrington, Tim Couch, Akili Smith, Ryan Leaf, Cade Mcnown, etc can go top 10, then why not Tebow.

I will be laughing my ass off at the team that drafts him prior to the 5th rd, unless that team is the 49ers. Then I will be crying.

Im gonna say I think youre wrong in your assessment
Originally posted by SFL49ER:

Which part? That Tebow could go top 10 or that Tebow shouldn't be drafted before 5th rd?

Which part? That Tebow could go top 10 or that Tebow shouldn't be drafted before 5th rd?
This part

This part

well, here's why I wouldn't touch Tebow before the 5th rd:

1) Arm Strength- average
2) Urban Meyer's system- same system that produced Alex Smith and Chris Leak. Who runs this offense in the NFL? No one because it won't work.
3) Accuracy- Unknown simply because he played Urban Meyer's system
4) Intangibles- probably has the the best set of intangibles to come out in the past 10 years. He's already twice the leader Alex Smith is. But "willing your team" to victory isn't enough in the NFL, you need talent. Tough kid and natural born leader.
5) Mechanics- poor. Throwing motion is too elongated and deliberate. Despite whatever changes he's made since the Senior Bowl, he will revert to what's he always done when he's under pressure because that is what he's comfortable doing. It's called Muscle Memory. Because of the elongated delivery, cornerbacks will jump the route as soon as Tebow drops his throwing arm to his hip. Plus, he's never taken a snap from under center, and learn a 3, 5, or 7 step drop.
6) Athleticism- overrated. He's not Vince Young, Mike Vick, or even Steve Young. He's not going to juke anybody out in the open field and he's not fast.
7) Size- very good.

So besides his intangibles and size, I don't see anything positive with him. He has too many flaws that don't translate to the NFL game. His biggest flaw is that he's coming from the Urban Meyer system not his throwing motion. He's a work in progress because he's never played in a pro-style offense. 5th rd picks and later are for players who are projects and require at least two years to develop.

Every flaw that I mentioned was exposed at the Senior Bowl. Two months of preparation before the draft isn't enough to fix Tebow's mechanics. He needs two years. I can't justify spending more than a 5th rd pick on someone who needs so much work.

But like I said before, if Alex Smith and David Carr can go #1, then anything is possible for Tebow.
He will be waiting a while. Probably 4th round.

He will be joining these people

Originally posted by KRS-1:
Tebow's invite has to do with the NFL looking at inviting 2nd round prospects to the draft in all likelihood.

This was definitely in the works (specially since Goodell is going to make this a 4-day money fest), seeing that over the past 3 years there's been a handful of (disappointed) first-round-caliber players in the green room that didn't go until the 33-45th spot.
I couldn't believe this when I read it. Was on the road all day today, so I missed the workout. Guess he must have impressed somebody (i.e. Gil Brandt). I assume he will be there starting Day 2. Then again............someone could lose their mind on Day 1.
This is interesting, Chad Henne, of all people, said he doesn't think Tebow is an NFL caliber QB although the Dolphins QB coach is working with Tebow.
http://football.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/16328/20100318/henne_tebow_isnt_an_nfl_quarterback/
Originally posted by momoney925:
hes gonna be like..

God Brady Quinn is such a douche
Share 49ersWebzone