There are 75 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Would you be okay with trading next year's 1st round pick?

Would you be okay with trading next year's 1st round pick?

Originally posted by dlance:
What about this RB

After missing spring practice due to neck surgery, He returned in his junior season with 972 all-purpose yards. In the down season, He totaled 314 rushing yards, 176 receiving yards, and 482 kickoff return yards. He played in 12 games on the season but only made 5 starts due to injuries.

as a senior he broke out for 2,960 all-purpose yards and 24 touchdowns,

I don't know he was hurt and had Neck Surgery should they take him????

only if they fix their o line first RB is not a need for this team
If you look at the two RB stat i posted my point is that Collage stat do not transfer directly to the NFL one of those RB is an awsome the other suck. I'll give you a hint the one that had neck surgery is the open that is aswome. but he had neck surgery so there was risk was his neck going to hold up?? that is what Doc are for not web draft know it alls. If you looked at R Bush collage stats he should be one of the best in the NFL but he is not a starting RB . That is why I would not trade next yr first just to draft spiller this yr. They need an OT I'm not saying reach at 13 for a OT. There will be another hot RB next yr or the yr after that . For right now thay have Gore.
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by cupcheck:
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by DaFaro49ers:
no[/quo
Any particular reason in saving 2011 1st round pick?

And it ruins the draft.

This forum would be destroyed. Who wants to talk about 2nd round prospects for 3 months after the season ends?
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by dlance:
What about this RB

After missing spring practice due to neck surgery, He returned in his junior season with 972 all-purpose yards. In the down season, He totaled 314 rushing yards, 176 receiving yards, and 482 kickoff return yards. He played in 12 games on the season but only made 5 starts due to injuries.

as a senior he broke out for 2,960 all-purpose yards and 24 touchdowns,

I don't know he was hurt and had Neck Surgery should they take him????

only if they fix their o line first RB is not a need for this team

I 100% agree with you that was the point I was trying to make there are Hot Rb almost every year some turn out to be great some not very good at all. I don't think they should trade next yr first so they can draft a rb

[ Edited by dlance on Apr 3, 2010 at 07:49:20 ]
Originally posted by Nuns:
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by cupcheck:
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by DaFaro49ers:
no[/quo
Any particular reason in saving 2011 1st round pick?

And it ruins the draft.

This forum would be destroyed. Who wants to talk about 2nd round prospects for 3 months after the season ends?

You got it!!!
  • cupcheck
  • Info N/A
Trade the 2011 for a tackle.
#13 Spiller
#17 Wilson
Trade 2011 1st to NE. + for their #22this yr. & take Charles Brown
As far as ruining the draft, I would rather have the talent on the team this yr. for a legitimate chance at a div. title & play off run.( but I guess that's just me. )

[ Edited by cupcheck on Apr 3, 2010 at 16:23:46 ]
Originally posted by cupcheck:
Trade the 2011 for a tackle.
#13 Spiller
#17 Wilson
Trade 2011 1st to NE. + for their #22this yr. & take Charles Brown
As far as ruining the draft, I would rather have the talent on the team this yr. for a legitimate chance at a div. title & play off run.( but I guess that's just me. )

i see your point i would do it in just a different way

if it were me

2010 2nd and 2010 6th for gaither

13th spiller

17 graham

3rd round: best guard avaliable
  • cupcheck
  • Info N/A
Ya, everyone has their favorites, the point is 3 impact players in this draft and I believe a div. title and play off run are a real probability. Who ever the 49th pick is will more than likely need some time before contributing much, maybe by the later part of the yr.
Originally posted by cupcheck:
Ya, everyone has their favorites, the point is 3 impact players in this draft and I believe a div. title and play off run are a real probability. Who ever the 49th pick is will more than likely need some time before contributing much, maybe by the later part of the yr.

If A Smith get hurt it's going to be a top ten pick and why would NE make this trade? they have 2 first round pick next yr in a draft that is not going to be as good as this one. I think it's a real bad idea to trade next yr first.
  • cupcheck
  • Info N/A
OK, that's what you think.
What if A.Smith has a good yr?
What if NE. would trade?
I'd trade, you wouldn't.
what if there's a lock out?
what if there's an earthquake?
Shall we keep going?
Originally posted by cupcheck:
OK, that's what you think.
What if A.Smith has a good yr?
What if NE. would trade?
I'd trade, you wouldn't.
what if there's a lock out?
what if there's an earthquake?
Shall we keep going?

Man you can't handle it when someone disagree with you. All you do is cut and past the same thing over again and think that will change my mind. Now you throw a little temp and put a bunch of what if because of what i said about A Smith. It's not like he has ever been hurt and missed 2 yr of playing. I hope your not to hurt, sorry if i hurt your feeling. i have an idea come up with something NEW. rather then cut and past the same thing over and over again.
So if you knew 100% that the 49er where going to have i first pick in the 2011 draft but there was going to be a lock out you would trade that pick to NE for the 22 pick in 2010.
if a badasss tackle or DB slips in the first or early second i would say trade away. but unless we trade to fill an Oline or db need i would say no. could you imagine our D with earl thomas and joe haden(shutdown). plus a top tier Olineman Saints by 3 in the NFC championship game...
  • cupcheck
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by dlance:
Originally posted by cupcheck:
OK, that's what you think.
What if A.Smith has a good yr?
What if NE. would trade?
I'd trade, you wouldn't.
what if there's a lock out?
what if there's an earthquake?
Shall we keep going?

Man you can't handle it when someone disagree with you. All you do is cut and past the same thing over again and think that will change my mind. Now you throw a little temp and put a bunch of what if because of what i said about A Smith. It's not like he has ever been hurt and missed 2 yr of playing. I hope your not to hurt, sorry if i hurt your feeling. i have an idea come up with something NEW. rather then cut and past the same thing over and over again.
So if you knew 100% that the 49er where going to have i first pick in the 2011 draft but there was going to be a lock out you would trade that pick to NE for the 22 pick in 2010.

I'll ask your opinion on that.
With the #1 pick in the 2011 draft would you take a QB. after the A, Smith saga, not having a CBA or rookie salary cap?
I heard there will be a draft if there is a lock out, but what would that #1 pick earn?
Paying him for a yr.? no practice, no coaching, no play book, no thanks.
I'll take that pick this yr. and use it to improve the chances of div. title & playoff run
Originally posted by cupcheck:
Originally posted by dlance:
Originally posted by cupcheck:
OK, that's what you think.
What if A.Smith has a good yr?
What if NE. would trade?
I'd trade, you wouldn't.
what if there's a lock out?
what if there's an earthquake?
Shall we keep going?

Man you can't handle it when someone disagree with you. All you do is cut and past the same thing over again and think that will change my mind. Now you throw a little temp and put a bunch of what if because of what i said about A Smith. It's not like he has ever been hurt and missed 2 yr of playing. I hope your not to hurt, sorry if i hurt your feeling. i have an idea come up with something NEW. rather then cut and past the same thing over and over again.
So if you knew 100% that the 49er where going to have i first pick in the 2011 draft but there was going to be a lock out you would trade that pick to NE for the 22 pick in 2010.

I'll ask your opinion on that.
With the #1 pick in the 2011 draft would you take a QB. after the A, Smith saga, not having a CBA or rookie salary cap?
I heard there will be a draft if there is a lock out, but what would that #1 pick earn?
Paying him for a yr.? no practice, no coaching, no play book, no thanks.
I'll take that pick this yr. and use it to improve the chances of div. title & playoff run

I have know idea who they would take if they had the #1 pick. If A Smith has a fat guy smash him into china and get hurt again i would be looking at QB.
There Will be a 2011 draft. If there is a lock out they will not sign the drafted player till after the lockout. Right now player get payed during the season with roster and signing bounes being out of season. they get a game check. so if there is a lock out I don't think the player get payed because there not playing. This is how the owner have leverage to get a new CBA. Basicly No play No pay
  • cupcheck
  • Info N/A
How does the 2011 #1 draft pick get signed with " no play no pay?"
No pay no sign.