LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 169 users in the forums

oldman9er's full offseason + NFL 3 rounder in March

If Ryan Matthew and Best are still on the board I'd rather have Matthews. More of a 3 down back without the injury concerns.
Best. Mock. Ever.
Originally posted by foreign49er:
Best. Mock. Ever.

Wow... high praise indeed... thank you.

Firstly, you win a prize for the prettiest and one of the clearest mocks ever. It was a treat to read!

My only reservation is the interior line. I like Heitmann and it is too early to give up on Rachal yet, but Baas, hmm! I was looking for one guard taken early enough to have a real shot at beating Baas out at the start of the coming season and a later guy to be developed, either a guard or tackle. As well as the desperately needed RT, which you deal with. You, if memory serves (on
iPhone) only take a lowish guard after the RT.

But this is just my opinion. I take a poor view not only of 2 of our starters, but also of the depth, which I would normally have expected to have beaten out these two starters. Which is why I would actually like to see a whole bucketfull of O linemen taken.

Terrific work. Beautiful presentation. You are an artist!
I commend your effort. It's terrific. Excellent presentation.

Realistic? Three first rounders of course is lottery type odds. Fun though, even if it's not a realistic mock in that one sense. The rest of the picks outside of that do seem plausible, I will say.

All in all, good work, my friend.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

Realistic? Three first rounders of course is lottery type odds. Fun though, even if it's not a realistic mock in that one sense. The rest of the picks outside of that do seem plausible, I will say.

First and foremost, oldman9er, this is probably one of the best presented and well-thought out mocks I have ever read. Thanks for all your time and effort, I couldn't stop reading it

OTC, though I don't think we'll trade up to the 31st pick and probably would wait for Best to fall to us in the second, all the rest of the trades are possible, especially with the talent that's available in those slots. I think oldman9er not only analyzed what each teams needs were, but also worked out the math of each trade precisely.
Originally posted by Crazy49er1313:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

First and foremost, oldman9er, this is probably one of the best presented and well-thought out mocks I have ever read. Thanks for all your time and effort, I couldn't stop reading it

OTC, though I don't think we'll trade up to the 31st pick and probably would wait for Best to fall to us in the second, all the rest of the trades are possible, especially with the talent that's available in those slots. I think oldman9er not only analyzed what each teams needs were, but also worked out the math of each trade precisely.

Oh, no arguments there. Outside of that one small thing, I think it's fairly well done.
  • willworkforbecky
  • Info N/A
Exellent presentation. Bad draft. Bulaga won't be there, Don't need a Spot duty RB in the first, and Cody is not a 1st round talent. Rather have Franklin for the next 3 years.
Outstanding effort here. Too many variables to nitpick.

I would be satisfied with your first 3 picks.

I'm also bullish on OG Marshall Newhouse of TCU, and was pleased to find his name on your list.
Glad to see this one pleased some or most of you. With all of the changes that have and will go on around the league, I'll probably do a brand new + final mock (hopefully full 7 rounds for all teams) during the last week leading up to the draft.

Ahm...

I applaud the effort it took to put all that together it looks very nice but in terms of the actual picks and trades I think it's kind of silly.

First of all there would be no need for the 49ers to throw anything in to move down from 17 to 28, they're picking up a low 2nd rounder(almost a 3rd)

Then trading back into the first round? Seems like just a way for you to grab Best.

While I like Best I think spending 2 first round picks on backups at this point would be crazy and a huge waste of an opportunity to improve this team.

It's not terrible but after the first 4 guys it gets kind of weak.
Am I the only one that doesn't like this draft. Don't get me wrong, we get some nice players, and it looked real pretty with the logos, but this is not a direction I like for the 49ers. Terrance Cody is a early second round pick, same as Jahvid Best. Cody is a two down player and Best is not an everydown back. I do not like spending 2 1st rounders on players that combined will only play half the time on the field. Also, I doubt only 2 OTs go in the top 12 (I think it is more likely to be 4). I also don't think that San Diego is looking at Spiller. They want Ryan Mathews. He is an everydown back with size and speed and can catch out of the backfield. Spiller is too much like Darren Sproles and SD will not trade up to get him.
Eh... to each his own... can't please them all. Thanks for the responses... good or bad.
Originally posted by foreign49er:
Best. Mock. Ever.

Definately. Loved the way you presented it and how you and I are on the same bat channel for picks. Great job guy
Would really enjoy this offseason playing out. Cody is a boom or bust player, but I think he could be worth the risk. Glad to see I'm not the only one who thinks MRob could be best served at Fullback. I mean who else is running the fullback pass?
Share 49ersWebzone