There are 68 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Pat Kirwan Mock March 15th

I like our picks a lot, but don't think Haden will be there at 17. He will run faster at his pro day and might not even fall to 13.

A couple things that caught my eye...

- Earl Thomas going number at number 10 to the Jags. Interesting, is Thomas worth the #10 pick?

- Nate Allen gone at 27! I am really hoping that either Nate Allen or Jahvid Best are there fore us in round 2.

- Demaryius Thomas going at 14, before Dez Bryant?

- Dez Bryant falling to 29... I just don't see that happening. If Bryant falls to 25 (which wont happen), I cant see the Ravens passing on him. Their receiver core would all of the sudden be a force with Bolden, Bryant, and Stallworth
Originally posted by BigDaddy:
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
No CJ Spiller and picking Joe Haden...

I'm not even sold on Williams, much less Haden.

Who the heck do you like then? Trent Williams is the #1 player I want out of this draft.
Originally posted by noobie:
Originally posted by BigDaddy:
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
No CJ Spiller and picking Joe Haden...

I'm not even sold on Williams, much less Haden.

Who the heck do you like then? Trent Williams is the #1 player I want out of this draft.

1A) CJ Spiller.
1B) Brandon Graham.

Tackle in the 2nd or 3rd round who can play on the right side.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by noobie:
Originally posted by BigDaddy:
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
No CJ Spiller and picking Joe Haden...

I'm not even sold on Williams, much less Haden.

Who the heck do you like then? Trent Williams is the #1 player I want out of this draft.

1A) CJ Spiller.
1B) Brandon Graham.

Tackle in the 2nd or 3rd round who can play on the right side.

2 words: Kyle Calloway
Originally posted by Chief:
13. San Francisco 49ers
Trent Williams, OT, Oklahoma State

17. San Francisco 49ers
Joe Haden, CB, Florida






A dream draft for me.

I don't see Spiller going at #6. In order for that to happen, Detriot has to pass on a franchise-caliber left tackle (Okung) and take a defensive lineman. If Detroit plays it smart and takes Okung, Suh or McCoy will drop to Seattle (barring a trade), and I see no way that they take Spiller over McCoy.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 20,511
I don't know if they go Haden. Scotty has said he likes his corners big, at least 6'0". Haden is a shrimp who is also not very fast. Not a good combination if he is to be a first round pick at corner for the Niners.
Originally posted by mayo63:
I don't know if they go Haden. Scotty has said he likes his corners big, at least 6'0". Haden is a shrimp who is also not very fast. Not a good combination if he is to be a first round pick at corner for the Niners.

Scotty likes big corners with poor footwork...safeties in drag.
  • KRS-1
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 26,934
Originally posted by 49er4life:
- Dez Bryant falling to 29... I just don't see that happening. If Bryant falls to 25 (which wont happen), I cant see the Ravens passing on him. Their receiver core would all of the sudden be a force with Bolden, Bryant, and Stallworth

Quote:
Alex Marvez of FOXSports.com writes that he "wouldn’t be surprised if (Dez) Bryant slips out of the first round entirely."
Marvez cites a recent ESPN The Magazine report that claimed Bryant was "notoriously unreliable" in college, and that "Getting him to focus on even simple tasks like attending class was a daily struggle." In addition to FOX and ESPN The Mag, the National Football Post, Cleveland Plain Dealer, and Yahoo have published negative reports about Bryant in the last month.

There is seemingly more and more reports of Dez Bryant's reported character issues coming out, while all it takes is one team to take a chance a lot of teams may drop him down the board if they are finding out these same things that are being reported.
Originally posted by teeohh:
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
Originally posted by teeohh:
http://www.nfl.com/draft/story?id=09000d5d816f37c9&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

I like it, but I would prefer Graham over Haden

and this is the second mock that has Spiller going to the Seahawks


Well Kirwan is really good friends with Pete Caroll (they worked together with the Jets and Patriots) so maybe he knows something... I personally think Spiller will end up being a top 10 pick. I can see him going to Buffalo at 9 or someone moving up to get him

agree

who do you guys think will take him in the top 10
Kirwan puts together the most absurd mocks. JPP falling to Cincy? Might as well drop Suh to the 2nd round.
  • KRS-1
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 26,934
Originally posted by mayo63:
I don't know if they go Haden. Scotty has said he likes his corners big, at least 6'0". Haden is a shrimp who is also not very fast. Not a good combination if he is to be a first round pick at corner for the Niners.

5"10 6/8th's is by no stretch a shrimp. Bly is 5"10, Walt Harris was 5"11, Tarrell Brown, Derrick Johnson and Holly were all under 6 feet. And Bly, Ronde Barber and Brandon Flowers are 3 corners who ran 4.5's or slower and have panned out just fine in the pro's. You guys need to just stop with these posts that Haden is too small or too slow and that Scot wouldn't take him.
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by teeohh:
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
Originally posted by teeohh:
http://www.nfl.com/draft/story?id=09000d5d816f37c9&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

I like it, but I would prefer Graham over Haden

and this is the second mock that has Spiller going to the Seahawks


Well Kirwan is really good friends with Pete Caroll (they worked together with the Jets and Patriots) so maybe he knows something... I personally think Spiller will end up being a top 10 pick. I can see him going to Buffalo at 9 or someone moving up to get him

agree

who do you guys think will take him in the top 10

seahawks
  • RKab
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 1,388
Originally posted by KRS-1:
Originally posted by mayo63:
I don't know if they go Haden. Scotty has said he likes his corners big, at least 6'0". Haden is a shrimp who is also not very fast. Not a good combination if he is to be a first round pick at corner for the Niners.

5"10 6/8th's is by no stretch a shrimp. Bly is 5"10, Walt Harris was 5"11, Tarrell Brown, Derrick Johnson and Holly were all under 6 feet. And Bly, Ronde Barber and Brandon Flowers are 3 corners who ran 4.5's or slower and have panned out just fine in the pro's. You guys need to just stop with these posts that Haden is too small or too slow and that Scot wouldn't take him.

I don't think late round fliers on guys like Brown, Johnson or Holly or scrap heap free agent pick ups like Harris or Bly are the best representation of what Scot wants in a CB he'd be taking in the top half of the first round. The level of investment is quite different.
  • KRS-1
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 26,934
Originally posted by RKab:
Originally posted by KRS-1:
Originally posted by mayo63:
I don't know if they go Haden. Scotty has said he likes his corners big, at least 6'0". Haden is a shrimp who is also not very fast. Not a good combination if he is to be a first round pick at corner for the Niners.

5"10 6/8th's is by no stretch a shrimp. Bly is 5"10, Walt Harris was 5"11, Tarrell Brown, Derrick Johnson and Holly were all under 6 feet. And Bly, Ronde Barber and Brandon Flowers are 3 corners who ran 4.5's or slower and have panned out just fine in the pro's. You guys need to just stop with these posts that Haden is too small or too slow and that Scot wouldn't take him.

I don't think late round fliers on guys like Brown, Johnson or Holly or scrap heap free agent pick ups like Harris or Bly are the best representation of what Scot wants in a CB he'd be taking in the top half of the first round. The level of investment is quite different.

Haden is basically 5"11 which is far from small for a corner. If he was 5'9 I could see a point but he is a freaking hair under 5"11 which is more than fine. People are trying to find excuses to justify us not being interested in him, while I am not advocating us drafting him I find it ridiculous that everyone is now trying to downplay the fact that he was the best CB in this class hands down before the SB week and before the combine.
Originally posted by KRS-1:
Originally posted by 49er4life:
- Dez Bryant falling to 29... I just don't see that happening. If Bryant falls to 25 (which wont happen), I cant see the Ravens passing on him. Their receiver core would all of the sudden be a force with Bolden, Bryant, and Stallworth

Quote:
Alex Marvez of FOXSports.com writes that he "wouldn’t be surprised if (Dez) Bryant slips out of the first round entirely."
Marvez cites a recent ESPN The Magazine report that claimed Bryant was "notoriously unreliable" in college, and that "Getting him to focus on even simple tasks like attending class was a daily struggle." In addition to FOX and ESPN The Mag, the National Football Post, Cleveland Plain Dealer, and Yahoo have published negative reports about Bryant in the last month.

There is seemingly more and more reports of Dez Bryant's reported character issues coming out, while all it takes is one team to take a chance a lot of teams may drop him down the board if they are finding out these same things that are being reported.

I know it's damn near impossible, but if he falls to the 2nd round do we take a shot on him hoping Sing could fix him?

Also, what do you guys think of Demaryious Thomas? He's supposedly rising REALLY FAST. He hasn't run in a while since he broke his foot but before that dude supposedly ran a 4.38. 6'3'' and 4.38, maybe he could be the next TO? You all are going to call me nuts but I really think he has a lot of potential.