#13- CB Joe Haden- Florida
#17- OG Mike Iupati- Idaho
#49- RB Jahvid Best- California
Originally posted by PTulini:
Scott Wright's Latest Mock

No Joe Haden. He runs around 4.6. How will he match up against guys like Calvin Johnson?
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

No Joe Haden. He runs around 4.6. How will he match up against guys like Calvin Johnson?

I read a story last week which said the reason Haden ran such a slow 40 is because his back tensed up. He supposedly went through the 40 yard dash and position drills with back pain. His Dad (who is also his trainer) said had he known, Joe Haden would not have participated at the NFL Scouting Combine.

Bulaga before Okung, interesting.

I read a story last week which said the reason Haden ran such a slow 40 is because his back tensed up. He supposedly went through the 40 yard dash and position drills with back pain. His Dad (who is also his trainer) said had he known, Joe Haden would not have participated at the NFL Scouting Combine.

A 4.6 40 will not work out on the corner in the NFL...
I think the Niners would choose Kyle Wilson before Haden

the guy I really want is Brandon Graham
Hey, that is exactly my last mock draft. So just read the comments in the "how about thick mock" thread ;)

The Florida Pro Day is this Wednesday, March 17th. I guess we'll find out.

If you knew anything about football, watched haden play (hands down the best corner in college), or even watched haden run his 40 (terrible stance, awkward start, etc.), you'd know that despite his 4.57 time, he's hella faster than that (game speed-watch the tape). But hey you read what you wanna read (a silly number that doesn't tell the whole story).
I don't understand everyone hating on Haden because of his 40 time. Dude is a player and would be a lock at 13 imo.

We aren't the Raiders. All you have to do is look at DHB and Crabtree in last years draft to know that a good 40 does not always translate on the field. Heck Jerry Rice ran like a 4.7 in the 40.

• GEEK
  • Veteran
Why the hell would we take a CB when we have basically two starters at CB and a good #3 option in Brown - especially over an OT?

The logic in this mock is odd, and further pushes the fact that Scott Wright is an amateur in his analysis.

If it works in the SEC then it could in the NFL as well.

I think Jerry Rice ran a 4.6...had something they call game speed tho
I reeeally don't want Joe Haden.

I didn't want him even before he ran his slow-ass 40. And we don't need to spend a 1st round pick on a CB, especially Haden, who isn't even the best CB in the draft.
  • evil
  • Veteran

Despite a sprain in his back and a piss poor stance he ran a 4.57. What is noteworthy here is that Brandon Flowers ran a 4.55 a couple years ago and he is one of the most underrated corners in the league who continually makes plays on a porous defense. Ronde Barber and Dre Bly also ran 4.5 times once upon a time.

People really need to stop using the 4.57 time as an excuse to knock the best CB in this draft. It's really not a strong argument IMHO.
Share 49ersWebzone