LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 268 users in the forums

DraftCountdown.com: 03/15/2010 Mock Draft

Go Haden! I hope we get him. What a steal to get the best CB in the draft at 13.
Based on tape from the 2009 season, Haden was rated 9th on DraftScout.com's value board.

Let's see what Haden runs at his proday.

If he runs faster, you won't have to worry about taking him because he will be gone by the time we pick.
Originally posted by mebemused:
Based on tape from the 2009 season, Haden was rated 9th on DraftScout.com's value board.

Let's see what Haden runs at his proday.

If he runs faster, you won't have to worry about taking him because he will be gone by the time we pick.

I hope so.
Originally posted by GEEK:
Why the hell would we take a CB when we have basically two starters at CB and a good #3 option in Brown - especially over an OT?

The logic in this mock is odd, and further pushes the fact that Scott Wright is an amateur in his analysis.

In fairness to Scott he already had the top 4 OT's off the board & in that scenario I agree with him that we would not reach for the 5th best OT at #13 when we could get the #1 player at another position.
I'd be happy with those picks.
I would really like that draft! As long as we picked up a RT in the third round.
  • RKab
  • Veteran
Scott Wright loves treating the 49ers like they are 2-14 every year. It seems every year he starts his mock draft 49er narrative with "the 49ers have sooo many holes."
And we did a couple years back. We have less holes now. And he loves saying we need corners.

I think Haden is a solid pick and I don't hate Iupati at 17. But I don't think either pick will be made by Scotty Mc. He likes tall corners and doesn't place a high value on guards. I doubt very much he does an about face on both positions within four picks of each other in the first round. We are probably much more likely to jump on a workout warrior type at a 1st round value position, whether we all agree or not, like a Bruce Campbell maybe a Taylor Mays. And/or trade down to later in round 1.
all 4 OTs are gone by the Bills pick.

He has the Raiders taking T. Williams. The Raiders did not even send a rep. to watch his pro day. I highly doubt they draft him. If the Raiders select Campbell instead of Williams, it should push A. Davis down to #17 as long as Sea takes an OT #6. That is my ideal 2 rounds.

Haden
Davis
Best
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
That'd be nice. Any of the top OT's left instead of Iupati?
  • willworkforbecky
  • Info N/A
No Haden please. He'll never be able to keep up with recievers running 40 yards in a straight, on a free release, out of a 3 point stand. I don't even wan't to see tape of him shutting down recievers or playing the ball. P.S. we should trade Crabtree for Heyward bay. He ran a 4.37 he's gotta be good.

Originally posted by willworkforbecky:
No Haden please. He'll never be able to keep up with recievers running 40 yards in a straight, on a free release, out of a 3 point stand. I don't even wan't to see tape of him shutting down recievers or playing the ball. P.S. we should trade Crabtree for Heyward bay. He ran a 4.37 he's gotta be good.

your name is killing me. good s**t bro
Originally posted by YourHuckleberry:
I reeeally don't want Joe Haden.

I didn't want him even before he ran his slow-ass 40. And we don't need to spend a 1st round pick on a CB, especially Haden, who isn't even the best CB in the draft.

So who is the best DB in the draft? I'm ready for a good laugh.
Originally posted by nvninerfan1:
Originally posted by YourHuckleberry:
I reeeally don't want Joe Haden.

I didn't want him even before he ran his slow-ass 40. And we don't need to spend a 1st round pick on a CB, especially Haden, who isn't even the best CB in the draft.

So who is the best DB in the draft? I'm ready for a good laugh.

kyle wilson has a very strong case its just my opinion though
  • willworkforbecky
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Originally posted by willworkforbecky:

your name is killing me. good s**t bro

Been waiting for someone to catch it.
Originally posted by GEEK:
Why the hell would we take a CB when we have basically two starters at CB and a good #3 option in Brown - especially over an OT?

The logic in this mock is odd, and further pushes the fact that Scott Wright is an amateur in his analysis.

agreed.

we arent in th luxury of drafting 1st rounders to just be bench warmers....even if we "do" draft Haden...he wont start ahead of Nate, Shaunte, and TBrown.

We need to win now and we have other needs like the OL.....
Share 49ersWebzone