How about this draft

• 49erFaiTHFuLL
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by stever:
Originally posted by 49erFaiTHFuLL:
Originally posted by 49erFaiTHFuLL:
No. Dont think much reasoning was put into this, just my opinion

What do you think would the more reasoning ? If you call me out like this you should have a plan

So check it out they are not going to reach for a OG (we have "More" of a OT prob not OG), SS (MC Clue just said we already have SS replacements), and a slow CB that is a HUGE hit or miss, when there are other roads to take. You must use some of your picks to build for the future in order to continue to win
Ok!
1st.A OT T. Williams/B. Campbell, Reasoning: cant deny talent and we have a strong HC if we have to get Campbell
1st.B CJ Spiller hopefully/R.Mclain or best Pass Rush DE (D.Morgan/JPP/B. Graham), Reasoning: Spiller reguardless what ppl think is a 2/1 pick, future RB and Returner now!
2nd. DT C.THomas Reasoning let A. Franklin show him the finer point of the NT and prepare him for the future and it would be a nice rotation. between A.Franklin and C.Thomas
3rd. CB P. Robinson Reasoning: BIG & Fast the GM is sold for a 3rd (future starter)
4th. M. Rolle. Resoning: Great risk/reward if he does play you dont get to many scholar Safeties. And i really want rolle cause i think he is going to play with a chip on his shoulder for about 5 yrs before he retires
Then 5-7 HC, OC, DC a project a piece!!

You got to have a plan.. A reason to draft. Our management said they will build through the draft. This takes time not one year to fix. Spiller would be a short and long term fix. C.Thomas would have time to develop and be in no rush, so a long term fix, we would have another LB for Coach to inspire to play like him, again another player that will have no pressure, if we dont get a Pass rush with our 2nd first then we will with our 4th..

ANd in final this is just my opinion......They are going to draft who they see fit and i will still have something to complain about

Ok, this is a plan :)

As for Haden , as i said, i don't buy the slow-guy-stuff. He doesn't look slow on film at all. And OT-wise, i think Williams will be gone (if not, we have to pick him) and Campbell looks horrible on tape.
You say you don't see Scotty will reach for a guard and later you see him reaching for a NT ? I don't think so. Patrick Robinson won't be there in round 3. (Just my 2 cents)

Ah, And btw : You say we don't draft a safety and have Rolle in your own mock ?

So 2 guys 2 different oppinions

I understand. And as i said Rolle would be a GREAT risk/reward ..... But think about it we lost what 6-7 games i believe by fewer than 7 points? We are not looking for a quick fix we need talent... As long as we fix ST play and draft to compliment the players we have then we will have long term sucess.

Look

RD 1 Joe Haden is to much of a risk reward for our team to draft they wont even PAY for proven talent to come to town lately so why would they waste a pick they are looking for talent you can teach perfection..
RD1 pick 2 Not reachin for a guard as i said we need talent..
RD 2 Best is Concussion prone not worth the pick if you are only going to have him for 1-3 years depends on how good he can dodge tacklers.
Agree and would support rd 3
RD 4 GM already said we already have 2 safties to cover for M. Lewis.

I just said there wasnt much reasoning to it
  • cupcheck
  • Info N/A
HOW ABOUT THIS DRAFT ?
#13 -CJ Spiller, #1 rated RB
#17 -Kyle Wilson, #2 rated CB
#22 -Charles Brown, #6rated OT ( Trade NE our 2011 1st and 2010 3rd)
#35 - Chad Jones, #1 rated SS. (Trade a package of 2010 9er's 2nd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, to Tampa Bay and move up to their 2010 #35.)
All the good jr"s. came out this year, plus there may not be football in 2011. Everyone wants immediate impact from this years draft.
This should do it !!!!!!!! [/b]
[ Edited by cupcheck on Mar 12, 2010 at 3:54 PM ]
Originally posted by cupcheck:
HOW ABOUT THIS DRAFT ?
#35 - Chad Jones, #1 rated SS. (Trade a package of 2010 9er's 2nd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, to Tampa Bay and move up to their 2010 #35.)
All the good jr"s. came out this year, plus there may not be football in 2011. Everyone wants immediate impact from this years draft.

Traded away next years entire draft?? This must be a joke.
  • cupcheck
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by noobie:
HOW ABOUT THIS DRAFT ?

Traded away next years entire draft?? This must be a joke.

NO, read it again. trade this yr draft. How many of those 4 players have a legitimate chance of being a real contribution this yr. ALL OF THEM! Any one drafted past the second round usually takes a yr. or two to even get on the field.Why not draft for production next yr? Drafting back-ups and camp fodder is a joke! Who would not love that draft?
[ Edited by cupcheck on Mar 13, 2010 at 5:47 AM ]
I would take that draft right now and be very happy.
For those who keep saying Haden is slow because of the Combine:

1. Haden has told numerous people and scouts, that he had back problems and ran when he probably shouldn't have.

2. All the scouts were shocked at his slow time, because when they watched him on tape he looks like he plays at 4.3 - 4.4.

3. He covered the likes of Louis Murphy, Percy Harvin, etc. etc. in practice at Florida; you can't be slow and do that.

I think Haden would be a great pick-up. In a pass happy league, getting the top rated CB in this draft would be a great bonus.
  • cupcheck
  • Info N/A
I for got about compensitory picks.The kid from Wisconson that blew a knee at the senior bowl OLB O'Brian Schofield may be worth a flyer.Also, drafting Spiller may push M.Robinson out of the RB depth chart. Look for late round headhunters to replace him on ST.
Not crazy about Best in Rd 2, would rather spend it on some pass rush talent. However, do not have a problem with the rest of this.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
I'm going to be pissed if we choose Haden.

Why ? What is wrong with him ?

I don't want a CB at all, and especially one that's suspected for being slow.

Timed slow at the combine ? Yes. Plays slow on film ? No.

Jason Hill ran a 4.32 at the combine, Jason Hill plays nowhere near that speed on the field.

People are too caught up in Haden's 40 time and are now discounting him, whereas 1 month ago no one doubted he was the best CB in this class.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Doubt Jahvid makes it there.

You know what that's not actually too bad.

I'd prefer we address OT in the first round and grab OLB at some point in the first 3 rounds but I like all of those guys.

Haden despite his combine numbers will be a great corner and despite what some people think it is a need.

Iupati will be a stud at LG.

Best is a very good change of pace back behind Gore and gives us speed out of the position + slot and return abilities.

Veldheer is a bit raw but can be a decent RT and with time could be a good one.

Asante is a big hitter and could turn into a solid safety.
HOW ABOUT THIS DRAFT ?

Holy crap that has got to be the most short sighted and worst draft I've seen in a long time.

Charles Brown is not a RT and there is no way in hell anyone should trade a first rounder + for him. He can likely be had in the top of round 2 and he's not for us.

Also Jones isn't the #1 rated SS. Bust or not that's still Mays.

You're so caught up in the ratings(which mean jack and sh*t) that you're going to forget the rest of the draft to get players who don't even fit what the team needs. My god...
  • cupcheck
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by genus49:
HOW ABOUT THIS DRAFT ?

Holy crap that has got to be the most short sighted and worst draft I've seen in a long time.

Charles Brown is not a RT and there is no way in hell anyone should trade a first rounder + for him. He can likely be had in the top of round 2 and he's not for us.

Also Jones isn't the #1 rated SS. Bust or not that's still Mays.

You're so caught up in the ratings(which mean jack and sh*t) that you're going to forget the rest of the draft to get players who don't even fit what the team needs. My god...

Both McGM and coach Sing have said the OT has to be able to play LT and RT for them to be interested.May's is a FS ,not SS. If you would prefer different players ,fine.I think these are positions of need with out reaching to much. more to the point to taking impact players this yr. rather than 6-7 developmental, depth,projects.Get it!
[ Edited by cupcheck on Mar 13, 2010 at 10:04 AM ]
I will be supremely upset if Haden is available and we pass on him.
  • Nuns
  • Veteran

round 3: Jared Veldheer : Our new right tackle. He is athletic, can hold his ground against pass rushers and he can anchor.

I'd be afraid of the number of Subway .gifs we'd have to tolerate if he doesn't pan out.
Share 49ersWebzone