Originally posted by KRS-1:Originally posted by sbccpv20:
I have a different idea instead of doing the standard mock I was wondering what people thought the 49ers actual draft board looks like right now. This is what I think but I would also like to see what others think based on player performance, combine numbers, draft preferences and team needs. Remember this is not necessarily my top 20 but who I think the Scotty and the 49ers prefer.
1. Ndamukong Suh: can play NT and every position on the D-line
2. Russell Okung: need and great player
3. Gerald McCoy: great player but not best fit
4. Eric Berry: Scott does not value safeties but ability to cover like a corner
5. Derrick Morgan: Likes tall big OLBs
6. Joe Haden: Will run a fast forty at pro day and 5-11 is still good size for corner
7. Trent Williams: ive read the team likes him a lot
8. Bryan Bulaga: RT need
9. Dan Williams: big solid NT to replace Franklin
10. Sam Bradford: i think if he fell to 17 49ers would take him
11. Rolando McClain: Great player but positional value drops him down
12. Anthony Davis: RT need but weight issues
13. Jason Pierre-Paul: Tall big pass rusher but not best fit for 3-4
14. Dez Bryant: great receiver but we have Crabtree
15. Sergio Kindle: Tall fast rusher
16. Taylor Mays: not best positional value but combo of size speed Scotty loves
17. Everson Griffen: big tall rusher raw though
18. Jared Odrick: great 3-4 end would replace Isac
19. C.J. Spiller: Great player but I don’t think Scott values him like the board
20. Carlos Dunlap: amazing athlete but character questions and not the best fit.
Scot's draft board will not be stacked by team needs or with team needs in mind, but rather by grades he and the scouting and coaching staff assigns to each player. If Bradford grades higher Trent Williams for example then Bradford will rank above Williams on the draft board.
[ Edited by ishkabibel on Mar 14, 2010 at 8:46 AM ]