Originally posted by tjd808185:
Originally posted by momoney925:
Originally posted by English:
f**k CJ SPILLER

he will suck in the nfl
we dont f**kING NEED A RUNNINGBACK in the first round!

We don't need a guard or a cornerback either

what do we need then?

A tackle?

same s**t, its still o line and thats what we need.
i meant we dont need a runningback in the first round.

We don't need a guard in the 1st either. I'll scream this until my lungs bleed but the reality of the draft is 1 interior lineman goes in the 1st round every year.

Not only that but you can take that slow footed tackle (Vlad Ducasse) move him to guard and get that f*ckin mauler everybody wants.

Drafting a guard in the 1st is worse value then drafting Spiller, and it's not even close.

not if the guard is in the same class as Hutchinson.
Originally posted by WINiner:
f**k CJ SPILLER

he will suck in the nfl

There's a reason why a max of 1 guard goes in the first every single season, and there's great depth in the secondary this season.

I don't see a better value pick then Spiller right now.

Why don't we need a Guard?

We have a 3rd year guy who to this point has struggled, and a former 2nd round pick who graded out as one of the worst starters in the NFL, as our starters.

I'm not saying we don't need a guard (although I do think need is overrated) I'm saying the guard position is the least valueable position in the draft, and even in limited role CJ Spiller offers more value.

That's a fact. 1 interior lineman goes in round 1, and only 2 tend to go in the 2nd. To think that you can't find a Pro Bowl caliber guard outside of the 1st round is just assanine. I'm not even that high on Iupati. Give me versatility. If you're going to spend the 17th pick on a guard prospect he better be able to play 3 positions at a high level. That's very debateable in regards to Iupati. He's got the talent to do so it just seems like he's a difficult learner. Keep in mind he missed a season due to academic ineligibility, for as talented as he is he played almost entirely at LG at Idaho, and he struggled heavily at the Senior Bowl when he played on the right side.
Originally posted by WINiner:
f**k CJ SPILLER

he will suck in the nfl

There's a reason why a max of 1 guard goes in the first every single season, and there's great depth in the secondary this season.

I don't see a better value pick then Spiller right now.

Why don't we need a Guard?

We have a 3rd year guy who to this point has struggled, and a former 2nd round pick who graded out as one of the worst starters in the NFL, as our starters.

I'm not saying we don't need a guard (although I do think need is overrated) I'm saying the guard position is the least valueable position in the draft, and even in limited role CJ Spiller offers more value.

That's a fact. 1 interior lineman goes in round 1, and only 2 tend to go in the 2nd. To think that you can't find a Pro Bowl caliber guard outside of the 1st round is just assanine. I'm not even that high on Iupati. Give me versatility. If you're going to spend the 17th pick on a guard prospect he better be able to play 3 positions at a high level. That's very debateable in regards to Iupati. He's got the talent to do so it just seems like he's a difficult learner. Keep in mind he missed a season due to academic ineligibility, for as talented as he is he played almost entirely at LG at Idaho, and he struggled heavily at the Senior Bowl when he played on the right side.

Every concievable stat supports what you are saying. It would be a loss if the team drafted a first round one demensional player for a position which can be easily filled later in the draft over a playmaker who fills several needs. In fact, I would argue that if Spiller is not there at #13, you trade down as the difference between available talent and what can be found in later rounds is not that big of a difference.
  • cupcheck
  • Info N/A
I'm not sure I'm getting your last point.The talent level in the #1 rated RB can't be found in later rounds!! Or is it the #1 rated G isn't alot better than the #3 rated G that played in tougher competition?