LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 243 users in the forums

With the 17th pick...

With the 17th pick...

Ok, so assuming the niners take a Tackle with #13 (Bulaga, Williams, etc), who would you be happiest with if these guys were available once #17 rolls around? And WHY?

For me it's Spiller. Didn't like the idea at first, but I believe now he will be a special player. I know we have Coffee, but the value of this guy is impossible to ignore. We need a returner and a playmaking burner that can put the fear of god in the defense and keep Gore fresh/healthy.
[ Edited by KowboyKiller on Mar 7, 2010 at 12:06 PM ]
brandon graham or ryan mathews

I don't think Spiller will be there at 13
  • 49erFaiTHFuLL
  • Info N/A
I have a 50/50 choice between B.Graham or Williams but chose williams only b/c of the crowded OLB field we have..... I think this will allow Williams to be tutored by A.Franklin for a year and taught the finer points of NT.

I think we Desperately need explosive playmakers on Offence but feel that can be filled with later rds in the draft.... I believe in Coffee as Gores heir but i think we can target a vet backup (L.Johnson, LT, Westbrook sign have yet to be signed) if management is concered...
Jesus people...it's Iupati with an i

And Brandon Graham would be my choice.
Originally posted by genus49:
Jesus people...it's Iupati with an i

And Brandon Graham would be my choice.

lol I didn't realize that.
Originally posted by 49erFaiTHFuLL:
I have a 50/50 choice between B.Graham or Williams but chose williams only b/c of the crowded OLB field we have..... I think this will allow Williams to be tutored by A.Franklin for a year and taught the finer points of NT.

I think we Desperately need explosive playmakers on Offence but feel that can be filled with later rds in the draft.... I believe in Coffee as Gores heir but i think we can target a vet backup (L.Johnson, LT, Westbrook sign have yet to be signed) if management is concered...

We still don't have a dominant rusher though in my opinion. Haralson disappeared after he got paid, Lawson was coming off an injury but I still don't think much of him, Diyral Briggs may have potential, and who knows if Brooks can be consistent.

But Dan Williams makes sense too, especially if they don't think he will resign with us.
In this order:

Spiller

Thomas

Graham

This is based on a combination of how much I like these three, and how great our need is in these areas.

Adding a dynamic play maker that can contribute in both offense and special teams seems like our second biggest need to me now, after right tackle.

A safety that can be trusted to support our CBs or cover man to man is the next most glaring need, in my mind.

Last year, I would have put Graham at the top of the list. But with Lawson getting back to his old form, Brooks emerging, and the other good looking OLBs that could be had in rounds 2-4, I don't think it's as important that we take a pass rusher early anymore.
I am sticking with the fix the OL plan.. Best available OT and then Iupati at #17, if he is still on the board.
my preferance would be

1. earl thomas/ graham

2. spiller/iupathi

i wouldnt mind any of those 4 but id perfer graham or thomas more
spiller would be the best and take care of 2 needs....change of pace burner rb and a kr/pr....however he will not last until 17. We need Spiller at 13 and the best OT at 17. If there is not a good OT at 17, then BPA like a safety.

I really wish we would get Gathers from Bal but this probably will not happen

Originally posted by elguapo:
spiller would be the best and take care of 2 needs....change of pace burner rb and a kr/pr....however he will not last until 17. We need Spiller at 13 and the best OT at 17. If there is not a good OT at 17, then BPA like a safety.

I really wish we would get Gathers from Bal but this probably will not happen

Spiller could easily be available at #17.
Graham or Iupati would be my preference, but I would be okay with just about any of them, even though I'm not a big fan of Earl Thomas.
f**k CJ SPILLER

he will suck in the nfl
we dont f**kING NEED A RUNNINGBACK in the first round!
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by momoney925:
f**k CJ SPILLER

he will suck in the nfl

Don't know about f**k CJ Spiller, but your right we don't need a RB in the 1st round.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by momoney925:
f**k CJ SPILLER

he will suck in the nfl

Don't know about f**k CJ Spiller, but your right we don't need a RB in the 1st round.

sorry about that
im just tired of hearing about us getting cj spiller
[ Edited by momoney925 on Mar 7, 2010 at 1:23 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone