LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 168 users in the forums

Post Combine Mock (first 48 picks)

Originally posted by solidg2000:
The only way the Seahawks give up #6 is if they get more picks back (11 or round 2 and 3)
If not it's #14

If there's a trade, maybe. But the way RFA works, they would be giving up their own 1st round pick, which is #6. At this time, it seems like that's what will happen
Originally posted by mayo63:
49ers pick #49 not #48. Sorry.

You're right. I missed TB's pick at #35. Let me fix it
Originally posted by miked1978:
I'd be happy with it. Why did you pick Davis over Williams? Davis seems to be falling and Williams seems to be moving up. Just curious.

Couple things. First of all, his upside. He could turn out to be the best LT (or RT) in this class based on his potential. Also, his ability to run block. Some say Williams is a great run blocker, but I believe Davis can be an Andre Smith-like run blocker, and we know how much Singletary fell in love with that. In other words, he reminds me of Andre Smith, who I know Singletary had very very high on his board last year. Laziness we can correct with the environment around us, and Sing's motivation. Technique I would be more worried about, as our coaching staff can't seem to teach anyone to do anything. This guy is technically sound, but will need help getting motivated. At the end of the day I believe Sing will fall in love with the run blocking potential.
Originally posted by solidg2000:
The only way the Seahawks give up #6 is if they get more picks back (11 or round 2 and 3)
If not it's #14

By rule they have to give up the 6th pick its their original pick in the first round. Only way they dont give it up is if Denver agrees to take the lesser pick which i doubt will happen. Either way I now hope Marshall f**ks up one more time for that season long suspension. :)
Share 49ersWebzone