Not a member? Register Now!

Stuuk NFL Mock Draft Version 1

Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by KRS-1:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by tohara3:
If we pick Joe Haden ahead of CJ Spiller I will s*** a brick.

This for sure.

If Haden ranks higher on our draft board expect that card to be turned in and start greasing your a*****e so the brick doesn't tear your rectums too badly.

Yeah a 4.57 40 yard dash CB is worth more than Spiller...

This has been addressed NUMEROUS times now but in typical fashion you keep on being the negative nancy. Why don;t you check the Joe Haden thread and debate the point there.

Besides his 40 yard time has nothing, NOTHING to do with how fast he actually plays or how good of an actual football player.

I think you need to call a pep rally timeout in your life.

agreed this is rediculous spiller is the most overrated player in this draft haden is a beast plays fast and is a shutdown corner shutting down every single player he faced last year including julio jones branden lafell

spiller rushed for 1000 yds or more just 1 time in 4 years but ya lets pull an al davis because he can run really fast

A 4.57 shut down corner going against 4.3 guys in the NFL at the next level...
Originally posted by TheRatMan13:

Agreed.

Also, I dont see Spiller falling all the way to 20. No way the Niners and Seahawks both pass on him twice. To be honest, I think it is going to be tough for him to even be there at 13. I wouldnt doubt if some team traded up to get in front of the Niners and Hawks.

Agreed with both. Im taking Spiller at 17.

This for sure.

If Haden ranks higher on our draft board expect that card to be turned in and start greasing your a*****e so the brick doesn't tear your rectums too badly.

This has been addressed NUMEROUS times now but in typical fashion you keep on being the negative nancy. Why don;t you check the Joe Haden thread and debate the point there.

Besides his 40 yard time has nothing, NOTHING to do with how fast he actually plays or how good of an actual football player.

agreed this is rediculous spiller is the most overrated player in this draft haden is a beast plays fast and is a shutdown corner shutting down every single player he faced last year including julio jones branden lafell

spiller rushed for 1000 yds or more just 1 time in 4 years but ya lets pull an al davis because he can run really fast

he plays like a 4.4 speed tho look at his senior tapes not many players in the nfl run like that if they do they are screwed all that matters is the game speed which he has
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
Originally posted by TheRatMan13:

Agreed.

Also, I dont see Spiller falling all the way to 20. No way the Niners and Seahawks both pass on him twice. To be honest, I think it is going to be tough for him to even be there at 13. I wouldnt doubt if some team traded up to get in front of the Niners and Hawks.

Agreed with both. Im taking Spiller at 17.

i think seattle will pass on him they have 2 pretty solid RBs and they have need at OT QB and pass rush all three are the most important positions to winning games

This for sure.

Quote:
Haden was unofficially timed at 4.57 seconds on his first run and 4.60 on his second run, well above the 4.37 to 4.42 he said he expected to post. He told NFL Network he'll try to improve on his time at his Pro Day, March 17.

"I never ran a 4.5 in my life," he told the network. "I'm definitely going to have to go and run that back again. Make sure I go home and train a little harder for Pro Day."

Quote:
NFL Network analyst Deion Sanders said Haden began the run with a horrible stance.

"I don't know what he's being taught -- sometimes you've just got to let a guy run," said Sanders. "Tweak him a little bit but don't try to change everything."

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2010/03/browns_insider_hadens_slow_40.html

Is Joe Haden really a 4.57 ?

Florida said he has ran a 4.33 on campus, they said Louis Murphy ran a 4.25 (timed at the combine as 4.32), Harvin reportedly ran a 4.28 (timed at combine as 4.39).

Florida has a 40 board of sorts in the locker room.

How those times are calculated (be it by hand or electronically) clearly the combine times are but a tad slower than the times Florida lists but the discrepancy between Haden 4.57 and Florida's 4.33 is much great than that of Murphy and Harvin. Deion was so very quick to knock Haden's technique/stance when he ran the 40 which likely is what contributed to his poor time.

I think until the combine rolls around, there is no way to truly tell if that time represents any truth to Haden's actual timed speed from the combine especially considering he play much faster on film.

I expect him to run again at the UF pro day and likely run a 4.4 40.

This for sure.

if spiller is there at 17 i would take him but not over haden who is a top 10 player

You forgot to mention that Spiller did that while sharing the BF with a 1000 yd rusher and owns several school, conference and NCAA records of which he is the only person to score TDs in five different ways. He simply offers playmaking ability that no one this team or in the draft can compare to. Morever, to suggest that Haden has Deaon Sander's capabilites; even though he may play faster than his time; is much more of a strech. If Haden had one-on-one assignment with Spiller who do you think would win the battle?

[ Edited by ttime1 on Mar 4, 2010 at 09:18:29 ]
  • krizay
  • Veteran

This for sure.

if spiller is there at 17 i would take him but not over haden who is a top 10 player

I actually think Spiller and Haden are the 2 most overrated players in this draft.
Originally posted by krizay:

This for sure.

I actually think Spiller and Haden are the 2 most overrated players in this draft.

I'd argue that the 3rd best RB last season is better than Spiller. That makes spiller pricey...bpa baby...bpa... (Chris Wells was that player if anyone cares)

Will I be upset if we draft him? No, I think he'll be fine...but he's not my first choice.
Originally posted by ttime1:

This for sure.

You forgot to mention that Spiller did that while sharing the BF with a 1000 yd rusher and owns several school, conference and NCAA records of which he is the only person to score TDs in five different ways. He simply offers playmaking ability that no one this team or in the draft can compare to. Morever, to suggest that Haden has Deaon Sander's capabilites; even though he may play faster than his time; is much more of a strech. If Haden had one-on-one assignment with Spiller who do you think would win the battle?

I'd guy with the guy who held Lafell, AJ Green, Julio Jones and Mardy Gilyard to all under 50 yards last season.

I am not advocating or driving a Haden bandwagon simply pointing out his 4.57 time is not going to stand as his true time in all likelihood after his pro day. He is faster than the time he showed at the combine from his piss poor stance that his daddy taught him.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ttime1:

This for sure.

I'd guy with the guy who held Lafell, AJ Green, Julio Jones and Mardy Gilyard to all under 50 yards last season.

I am not advocating or driving a Haden bandwagon simply pointing out his 4.57 time is not going to stand as his true time in all likelihood after his pro day. He is faster than the time he showed at the combine from his piss poor stance that his daddy taught him.

Only game I remember watching out of your list is the Cincy game. Where Haden wasn't even matched up with Gilyard all that much. He played the same side of the field and was mainly watching some other dude. Who was making catches on Haden all day. Granted they weren't exactly big plays. But they were completing most of their passes thrown at Haden. But as I said, it wasn't Gilyard over there.