There are 78 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Non-CJ Spiller/Trent Williams Mock Draft w/ Trade

-Even though I would love to have a guy like CJ Spiller on our team, I believe that we could get the special teams value else where. I also think that Scotty is still behind Coffee even though he showed very little promise in the regular season last year.

- It also allows us to most likely secure one of the top 4 tackles at #13 rather then attempting to wait until pick #17 to address RT.

TRADE: Trade away our 17th pick and 5th Rounder for an early second (37 to 42) Range and a 3rd Round pick.

Round 1- Pick 13: Anthony Davis, OT Rutgers (I believe Okung, Bulaga, and Williams might be gone by this pick. Hopefully one of these four falls to us at 13)

Round 1 – Pick 17: Traded

Round 2 – Pick (Somewhere around 5th/10th Pick): [b][b]Jerry Hughes, OLB TC[/b]U[/b]

Round 2 - Pick 17: Devin McCourty, CB/KR Rutgers

Round 3 – Pick (Somewhere around 5th/10th Pick): Reshad Jones, SS Georgia

Round 3 – Pick 15: Mardy Gilyard, WR/PR Cincinnati

Round 4 – Pick 15: John Jerry, OG/OT Ole Miss

Round 5 – Pick 14: Traded

Round 6 – Pick 13: Marshall Newhouse, OG TCU

Round 7 – Pick 17: Junior Galette, OLB Stillman (Project Pass Rusher)

Round 7 – “Likely Compensatory Pick”: NT Project Pick

Personally I feel that if we select our RT at 13 and don't worry about getting Spiller it leaves us with plenty of options for the rest of the draft. (OLB/DB at 17 or trading down as I did). Just wanted to put a different type of mock out there.

What do you guys think?

[ Edited by ajax1188 on Mar 3, 2010 at 19:45:21 ]
Would rather get great value from 2 first rounders than mediocre talent with 2 2nds & 2 3rds
Gotta say, I'm not a fan. We're in a great position to come away from this draft with multiple impact rookies, and I don't see us doing that in this mock. Basically, you've decided to take more players than we can use at need positions (3 OL and 2 OLB) instead of keeping our high picks and getting better players at those positions.
I agree with you both.

I just get bored seeing the same mocks out there and wanted to shift things around a bit. I would be 100% fine if we kept our 13 and 17 and ended up with a RT and BPA in the first round.
Originally posted by AC49er:
Would rather get great value from 2 first rounders than mediocre talent with 2 2nds & 2 3rds

snap
Ummmm good job getting raped on your trade down.

I suggest you use this next time you pull off a trade down : http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/thread.php?num=46059
Not bad. Would rather not trade down.
I would rather trade the 2nd and third to move up into the bottom of the first round.

3 first round picks. OL, S/CB, rush OLB, would give this draft an A for round 1 alone.

I'm not sure about the picks themselves...but I believe this is a pretty deep draft in terms of pass rushers, DL and OL. I read somewhere that some scouts have the 7 top DL higher ranked than Tyson Jackson who was drafted #3 overall last year.
I like the first pick....but I wouldn't sacrafice a starting OG (iupati), for a pair of guys who 1. for sure wont start day one and 2. May work their way on the field within a year or two. I'd take the sure thing guard that is guaranteed to produce, and by all accounts, will be a perennial pro-bowler at his position. We need IMMEDIATE help with that #17. I can't wait any more for next season. They NEED to make it happen THIS YEAR....and It needs to start in the trenches.