LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 163 users in the forums

NEW mock draft!!!

• evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by SF69ers:
The Bucs take JPP over McCoy when they clearly want a DT?

Spiller to the Broncos despite already drafting Moreno last year?

Ya. Pretty awful isnt it.

Neither TB nor Seattle passes on McCoy and if that happened a few teams would be looking to move UP for him. Cleveland would likely be the team trading down in that scenario.
Originally posted by theninermaniac:
1. STL - J. Clausen QB - the most polished QB prospect in the draft, Lambs must find a passing game

2. DET - N. Suh DT - Lions are going defense all the way, Suh does it all on the line

3. TB - Jean Peirre-Paul DE/OLB - Yes his stock will climb to the #3 overall, great size/speed and a pass rusher

I like JPP going early. I have him as #5 in my mock to KC, but I don't think they pass on McCoy--the best prospect in the draft according the many--for someone with 1 year of experience

4. WAS - S. Bradford QB - most of us think Shanahan will get a QB, Bradford seems like a QB hed like

5. KC - E. Berry S - such a talent in the secondary that would start from day one, Pioli lands best player in draft

6. SEA - R. Okung OT - Shehawks nearly get their dream pick with Berry, settle for improving O-line

7. CLE - D. Bryant WR - must find an offensive weapon, Bryant might be that guy

8. OAK - G. McCoy DT - probably should have drafted an OT, but when do the Raiders go with conventional wisdom

9. BUF - B. Bulaga OT - Bills need lots of help on their O-line, they will forego better players to land a quality OT

His short arms will hurt him. Will remind too many people of Robert Gallery, and will likely push him out of the top 10...maybe even the top 20

10. JAX - A. Davis OT - lots of great prospects at a variety of positions will be available, Jags go with Davis

This is the 1st pick I completely disagree with. They spent the 7th overall pick, and their early 2nd rounder on OTs last year. This is the LAST position they will draft. I'm 100% on this

11. DEN - CJ Spiller RB/KR - playmaker with speed that will be too tempting to pass on after combine

Doubt they take a RB in the 1st again, specially since they have a RS already with Royal

12. MIA - R. McClain ILB - Phins get a leader that showed his skills during BCS Championship

13. SF - J. Haden CB - we will take the BPA with #13, from what I believe that would be Haden, the secondary is already solid, but we can never have too many good corners

14. SEA - T. Mays S - Shehawks pass D is bad, Carroll has to make his impression on the NFL, how about by taking one of his boys

I don't see them passing on Morgan at this spot. Especially for a player with as many questions as Mays

15. NYG - E. Thomas S - Giants need secondary help, Thomas can play

16. TEN - D. Williams DT - Everything seems to fit, Titans will go with defense and Williams is their selection

17. SF - T. Williams OT - BPA that is an OT

Good mock for the most part, but I would really look into the Jax pick
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by RollinWith21n52:

10. JAX - A. Davis OT - lots of great prospects at a variety of positions will be available, Jags go with Davis

Good mock for the most part, but I would really look into the Jax pick

Jacksonville does not take an OT. Book it. They took OT's in the 1st & 2nd last year.
To all the haters of my mock draft,

Please remember that drafts are unpredictable. None of you had Heyward-Bey going 7th last year, and none of you believed Crabtree would fall all the way to us at 10. And who had that Tyson Jackson kid going what 3rd to KC? Thats just last years draft.

I appreciate the criticism, but are you seriously too lazy to explain why you dont like something? If I should reconsider something, feel free to enlighten me as to why. Dont just sit there and pad up your total posts number with nothing but "hate its". Share your immense knowledge of NFL with me.
1. STL - J. Clausen QB - the most polished QB prospect in the draft, Lambs must find a passing game
2. DET - N. Suh DT - Lions are going defense all the way, Suh does it all on the line
3. TB - Jean Peirre-Paul DE/OLB - Yes his stock will climb to the #3 overall, great size/speed and a pass rusher
4. WAS - S. Bradford QB - most of us think Shanahan will get a QB, Bradford seems like a QB hed like
5. KC - E. Berry S - such a talent in the secondary that would start from day one, Pioli lands best player in draft
6. SEA - R. Okung OT - Shehawks nearly get their dream pick with Berry, settle for improving O-line
7. CLE - D. Bryant WR - must find an offensive weapon, Bryant might be that guy
8. OAK - G. McCoy DT - probably should have drafted an OT, but when do the Raiders go with conventional wisdom
9. BUF - B. Bulaga OT - Bills need lots of help on their O-line, they will forego better players to land a quality OT
11. DEN - CJ Spiller RB/KR - playmaker with speed that will be too tempting to pass on after combine
12. MIA - R. McClain ILB - Phins get a leader that showed his skills during BCS Championship
13. SF - J. Haden CB - we will take the BPA with #13, from what I believe that would be Haden, the secondary is already solid, but we can never have too many good corners
14. SEA - T. Mays S - Shehawks pass D is bad, Carroll has to make his impression on the NFL, how about by taking one of his boys
15. NYG - E. Thomas S - Giants need secondary help, Thomas can play
16. TEN - D. Williams DT - Everything seems to fit, Titans will go with defense and Williams is their selection
17. SF - T. Williams OT - BPA that is an OT

UM.. OK Since you want specific criticism:

Tampa Bay - there single biggest need is a DT and you think they are going to pass on a guy that Mike Mayock says is the best player in the draft to select a 1 year wonder in JPP? Not only that, you have 7 teams passing on McCoy which is down right laughable. NEVER WILL HAPPEN

JAX.. You REALLY think they are going to use their first 2 picks in 2008 on OTs and then turn around in 2009 and use another top 10 pick on another OT?

Denver: They selected a RB in the first round last year who was very productive. Tell me.. how many times have an NFL team chosen RBS in consecutive years in the first round? They have massive needs elsewhere. Very little chance they take Spiller.

Seattle: You might think they are going to take Mays because of Pete Carroll. Carroll isnt stupid. He knows how badly Mays played and also knows he needs a pass rusher or QB much more. With Claussen and Bradford gone the only logical pick would be Morgan. Not only that but Earl Thomas is hands down a better safety than Taylor Mays in my opinion.

There you go. Enjoy.

[ Edited by Ninerjohn on Feb 25, 2010 at 23:22:13 ]
If we're taking best OT on the board at #16/17, it's not Trent Williams. It's Campbell, maybe even Brown. My rationale is Williams is slow-footed, and is not LT material. Any OT you draft in the 1st rd should be able to play both positions. New OL Coach Solari is big on OL who're very mobile...who can lead screens, sweeps, etc. and who can zone block. Both Campbell and Brown meet that criteria, while Williams doesn't. FWIW, both Singletary and McCloughan said they want to re-sign Pashos...that OL Coach Foerster going to DC doesn't necessarily mean Pashos will follow him.
Share 49ersWebzone