Originally posted by theninermaniac:
1. STL - J. Clausen QB - the most polished QB prospect in the draft, Lambs must find a passing game
2. DET - N. Suh DT - Lions are going defense all the way, Suh does it all on the line
3. TB - Jean Peirre-Paul DE/OLB - Yes his stock will climb to the #3 overall, great size/speed and a pass rusher
4. WAS - S. Bradford QB - most of us think Shanahan will get a QB, Bradford seems like a QB hed like
5. KC - E. Berry S - such a talent in the secondary that would start from day one, Pioli lands best player in draft
6. SEA - R. Okung OT - Shehawks nearly get their dream pick with Berry, settle for improving O-line
7. CLE - D. Bryant WR - must find an offensive weapon, Bryant might be that guy
8. OAK - G. McCoy DT - probably should have drafted an OT, but when do the Raiders go with conventional wisdom
9. BUF - B. Bulaga OT - Bills need lots of help on their O-line, they will forego better players to land a quality OT
10. JAX - A. Davis OT - lots of great prospects at a variety of positions will be available, Jags go with Davis
11. DEN - CJ Spiller RB/KR - playmaker with speed that will be too tempting to pass on after combine
12. MIA - R. McClain ILB - Phins get a leader that showed his skills during BCS Championship
13. SF - J. Haden CB - we will take the BPA with #13, from what I believe that would be Haden, the secondary is already solid, but we can never have too many good corners
14. SEA - T. Mays S - Shehawks pass D is bad, Carroll has to make his impression on the NFL, how about by taking one of his boys
15. NYG - E. Thomas S - Giants need secondary help, Thomas can play
16. TEN - D. Williams DT - Everything seems to fit, Titans will go with defense and Williams is their selection
17. SF - T. Williams OT - BPA that is an OT
UM.. OK Since you want specific criticism:
Tampa Bay - there single biggest need is a DT and you think they are going to pass on a guy that Mike Mayock says is the best player in the draft to select a 1 year wonder in JPP? Not only that, you have 7 teams passing on McCoy which is down right laughable. NEVER WILL HAPPEN
JAX.. You REALLY think they are going to use their first 2 picks in 2008 on OTs and then turn around in 2009 and use another top 10 pick on another OT?
Denver: They selected a RB in the first round last year who was very productive. Tell me.. how many times have an NFL team chosen RBS in consecutive years in the first round? They have massive needs elsewhere. Very little chance they take Spiller.
Seattle: You might think they are going to take Mays because of Pete Carroll. Carroll isnt stupid. He knows how badly Mays played and also knows he needs a pass rusher or QB much more. With Claussen and Bradford gone the only logical pick would be Morgan. Not only that but Earl Thomas is hands down a better safety than Taylor Mays in my opinion.
There you go. Enjoy.
[ Edited by Ninerjohn on Feb 25, 2010 at 23:22:13 ]