There are 228 users in the forums

Do you believe Scot will draft Spiller/OT with our 1st two picks

Do you believe Scot will draft Spiller/OT with our 1st two picks

• PlayAction
  • Info N/A
Just being captain obvious here, knowing that some players are gonna drop and some are gonna climb up the draft boards AFTER the combine. Which could turn out great (or bad) for Niners. Having said that I think the key for Niners drafting Spiller is if Scot or coach Sing really believe he can beat out Coffee in camp and be THE backup and /or change of pace guy to Gore. Anybody else they draft at 13 or 16 is gonna have to fight and leap over somebody in camp. Doubtful if even Berry or Haden were drafted they would start day one, maybe by week two or three. Any of the OT's drafted will have to fight for a starting position, same deal. Spiller could be inked in at KR & PR both on day one! I'd like Niners to draft Spiller too; But I have a suspicious feeling that Al Davis, defying all logic and needs of his team, might see Spiller as the next Bo Jackson, we all know how AL loves & craves speed! JMO
  • cupcheck
  • Info N/A
If formaldehyde AL takes Spiller at #8 I'll be disappointed, but if we take a OT at #13 and Seattle grabs Spiller at#14 I'll be LIVID!
Originally posted by foreign49er:
If Haden is there at #13 Scotty drafts him. Haden is 5'11", he's not tiny. He also played in one of the best defenses in college football for two years running, something Scotty values very highly. If not he goes BPA at 13 and Tackle at 17.

Why would the best CB in the draft be available at pick #13?

Haden will be gone and too early for Graham or Thomas.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by foreign49er:
If Haden is there at #13 Scotty drafts him. Haden is 5'11", he's not tiny. He also played in one of the best defenses in college football for two years running, something Scotty values very highly. If not he goes BPA at 13 and Tackle at 17.

Why would the best CB in the draft be available at pick #13?

Wishful thinking....
Originally posted by tohara3:
Would be very happy with Spiller & a RT in the 1st round.
AGREED
It's hard to tell what direction the 49ers will go, I'm assuming they will go with bpa at 13 meaning one of these guys: Berry, Haden, Spiller, Mcclain, Buluga, Graham. At 17 Williams or Campbell, Graham or Iupati if a Tackle was taken at 13.

My dream come true would be Spiller at 13 & Buluga/Iupati at 17.
I would love to get Spiller, but I'm starting to think he'll be gone by the time we pick at 13. When he runs that 4.3 40 at the combine someone is going to grab him early. I hope not, but just a suspicion.
I think there's a good chance he does...because there's probably a better chance Spiller's still on the board and Haden's not. Either guy would be a great pick...but you have to go with what's available. CJ would bring so much to the team...great KR guy and a HR hitter in the backfield. He'd be the threat we haven't had in a long time. The OT is a no-brainer...just not sure who, but I think it will be Campbell, Bulaga or Charles Brown. My rationale for those guys is OL Coach Solari is going to implement some zone blocking into his schemes...and all three of those guys can do that. They're also all agile and mobile, another thing Solari looks for in his OL.
Share 49ersWebzone