MM is not a very good draft prognosticator.
He may secretly work for the 49ers and the team is using him for deception purposes.
There are 884 users in the forums
What's With Maiocco?
- 1 2
Feb 17, 2010 at 3:21 PM
- DaveWilcox
- Veteran
- Posts: 3,717
Feb 17, 2010 at 3:23 PM
- HoneyBadger49er
- Veteran
- Posts: 19,054
maybe he's on the sauce?
Feb 17, 2010 at 3:36 PM
- AB81Rules
- Hall of Fame
- Posts: 34,115
I actually dont see anything wrong with possibly drafting McClain at 13 or 16/17.
As for Odrick, he is rising up the boards, and could be a top 15 pick by april 22nd.
As for Odrick, he is rising up the boards, and could be a top 15 pick by april 22nd.
Feb 17, 2010 at 3:43 PM
- solidg2000
- Veteran
- Posts: 17,320
Solid doesn't mean he can't be replaced
Feb 17, 2010 at 3:44 PM
- DVDA
- Veteran
- Posts: 2,367
Spikes doesn't have many years left so I don't think McClain would be a bad pick. He is a beast inside and would be a perfect fit with Willis. Where Willis has speed, McClain has size. Do I think he is the best pick? No, but I don't think it would be a terrible one either. TED may not be a need now, but it could be next year. Drafting just to fill needs is a bad idea as next year new needs will pop up that could be taken care of now.
As for a 3-4 DE, I agree with you that it wouldn't be a good pick but Maiocco was just telling his followers what a respected scout said on the topic.
As for a 3-4 DE, I agree with you that it wouldn't be a good pick but Maiocco was just telling his followers what a respected scout said on the topic.
Feb 17, 2010 at 5:07 PM
- GhostofFredDean74
- Hall of Fame
- Posts: 30,082
Matt's gotta fill his column/blog with something during the off-season. 

Feb 17, 2010 at 5:31 PM
- BigDaddy
- Veteran
- Posts: 1,266
Opinions are like a**holes, everybody has one.
[ Edited by BigDaddy on Feb 17, 2010 at 17:32:11 ]
[ Edited by BigDaddy on Feb 17, 2010 at 17:32:11 ]
Feb 17, 2010 at 6:01 PM
- WillistheWall
- Veteran
- Posts: 22,848
Odrick is a f**king beast. I honestly think he'd replace Soap from day 1. Soap isn't spectacular or anything, and Odrick is the perfect size for 3-4 DE and he does a good job against the run but he can also get in the backfield pretty well. He's damn good. I would love to see him on this team. LOVE.
As for McClain, he's going to be a good one, but we don't need him. But if we took an OT or whatever, and then took Odrick, I'd like that draft a lot.
As for McClain, he's going to be a good one, but we don't need him. But if we took an OT or whatever, and then took Odrick, I'd like that draft a lot.
Feb 17, 2010 at 6:09 PM
- 9erfanAUS
- Veteran
- Posts: 16,281
Maiocco is speculating what the 49ers will do just like the rest of us.
For example, he's saying that we may be looking at drafting a DE on the basis that we held Tyson Jackson is such high regard last year.
He's saying that we may draft McClain because we almost drafted Maualuga in the 2nd round last year.
He's using this information as the basis of his prediction as to what player the 49ers may be eyeing.
-9fA
[ Edited by 9erfanAUS on Feb 17, 2010 at 18:11:07 ]
For example, he's saying that we may be looking at drafting a DE on the basis that we held Tyson Jackson is such high regard last year.
He's saying that we may draft McClain because we almost drafted Maualuga in the 2nd round last year.
He's using this information as the basis of his prediction as to what player the 49ers may be eyeing.
-9fA
[ Edited by 9erfanAUS on Feb 17, 2010 at 18:11:07 ]
Feb 17, 2010 at 6:25 PM
- evil
- Veteran
- Posts: 46,740
Originally posted by solidg2000:
Solid doesn't mean he can't be replaced
Feb 17, 2010 at 7:02 PM
- darkknight49
- Veteran
- Posts: 10,878
Maybe he's just screwing with everybody.
Feb 17, 2010 at 10:08 PM
- Ninefan56
- Member
- Posts: 5,106
I like all of the various views he is giving us including contact with various draft people. I liked the reviews of Odrick and Williams. More to think about.
Feb 18, 2010 at 3:40 AM
- CorvaNinerFan
- Veteran
- Posts: 10,448
I disagree our DL is what it needs to be...not to get to the next level. Sopoaga eats up space...that's about it. An effective 3-4 DE needs to do a lot more than that...so MM and others are saying Odrick would be a very good addition...especially when you consider that Balmer hasn't done much, and Evans & the rest of the b/u's haven't really distinguished themselves. I agree, he was off the mark w/McClain, a very good player, but not a guy Singletary/Mac should really be targeting in the 1st round. One thing to remember...all mock drafts are merely educated guesses. I've done them...and they're not easy. Things change all the time...now they have the combine...things will change again, depending on how good or bad certain players work out. Then there'll be a number of pro days for many, who don't really want to play all their cards at the combine, or who may still be recovering from injuries, etc. Just about everyone agrees one of the OT's will be one of the 1st rounders...after that,
it's BPA, and that could be someone like Spiller, Haden, Warren, Odrick, maybe even Graham. I'd cut MM a little slack...he'll adjust his mock as players rise/fall on draft boards...they're always a work in progress.
it's BPA, and that could be someone like Spiller, Haden, Warren, Odrick, maybe even Graham. I'd cut MM a little slack...he'll adjust his mock as players rise/fall on draft boards...they're always a work in progress.
Feb 18, 2010 at 10:16 AM
- nvninerfan1
- Veteran
- Posts: 2,601
Originally posted by 23zack80:
Spikes doesn't have many years left so I don't think McClain would be a bad pick. He is a beast inside and would be a perfect fit with Willis. Where Willis has speed, McClain has size. Do I think he is the best pick? No, but I don't think it would be a terrible one either. TED may not be a need now, but it could be next year. Drafting just to fill needs is a bad idea as next year new needs will pop up that could be taken care of now.
As for a 3-4 DE, I agree with you that it wouldn't be a good pick but Maiocco was just telling his followers what a respected scout said on the topic.
I like McClain but he is not a TED. One of the issues with him is shredding blocks and you have to realize he also had Cody taking on some of those blockers.
- 1 2