LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 208 users in the forums

Mel Kiper's Mock Draft 2.0

I say Spiller with our first pick and Mclain if hes there at 16 or 17. We can get a T in the 2nd round.
Originally posted by pelos21:
I say Spiller with our first pick and Mclain if hes there at 16 or 17. We can get a T in the 2nd round.

I would be ok with that but I doubt we pick McClain.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Spiller will be BPA when we pick and Bulaga or Williams should be there for us with our second first, this is how I see things playing out.

[ Edited by mayo63 on Feb 17, 2010 at 15:31:22 ]
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Kiper is a joke. We don't need a RB in the first round.
championship
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Hopper:

Gore will be 27 when the season starts, why not take a RB to eventually replace him while we're picking this high. He can relieve Gore and return punts and kickoffs. No brainer if you ask me, clearly BPA.

[ Edited by mayo63 on Feb 17, 2010 at 15:46:56 ]
  • LilAzn9er
  • Info N/A
I agree. I'm also not a believer in Coffee.
Kiper gets it, hopefully this mock draft will help the anti Spiller crowd see the light.
Bulaga instead of trent williams then thats A+ draft
I'm not anti Spiller but if the draft runs like this I could see them tring to trade down with the 13th pick into the 20 and picking up extra second plus they could still maybe get the same guy in the first. Earl Thomas would be in the second, and a OG, a rush OLB.

Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

You know what, I agree...as much as I like Williams, Bulaga is the better prospect (IMO). Between the two, I'd definitely choose Bulaga.
Originally posted by Hopper:

spiller is more than just a rb, and if you think gore has plenty of yrs left at the age of 27 your kidding yourself. do you really want to make coffee the starter if gore is out? adding spiller will keep gore fresh and extend his career
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:

You know what, I agree...as much as I like Williams, Bulaga is the better prospect (IMO). Between the two, I'd definitely choose Bulaga.

From what I read and have seen, Bulaga is the best overall OT prospect because he definitely has more ability for the left side. The other thing is that they say he can start right away at RT or LT, that's says something.

However, I don't think there is a better RT prospect. Is there?

So here's something, Haden seems to be the one who may drop. If that is the case, do we go Haden/Spiller? If so, where do we get our RT? Saffold, Veldheer, and Calloway all could seem like immediate starters at RT. Is that true, too?

Haden
Spiller
Asamoah/Ducasse
Saffold/Veldheer/Calloway

Would that be better than a let's say:
Spiller
Williams
Cox
Jerry

Damn the insanity!!!!! And thank God for underclassmen!!!!

We wouldn't be so excited if this was primarily a Senior draft.

Originally posted by ninertico:

From what I read and have seen, Bulaga is the best overall OT prospect because he definitely has more ability for the left side. The other thing is that they say he can start right away at RT or LT, that's says something.

So here's something, Haden seems to be the one who may drop. If that is the case, do we go Haden/Spiller? If so, where do we get our RT? Saffold, Veldheer, and Calloway all could seem like immediate starters at RT. Is that true, too?

Haden
Spiller
Asamoah/Ducasse

Spiller
Williams
Cox
Jerry

Or even better:
Haden
Bulaga
McCluster
Jerry

That would be the ideal draft for the Niners.
Originally posted by ninertico:

Haden
Spiller
Asamoah/Ducasse

Spiller
Williams
Cox
Jerry

That would be really interesting if haden falls I would be torn I think they need a OT but i would like Haden
Share 49ersWebzone