There are 248 users in the forums

NFL.com mock draft

• Luca
  • Veteran
Originally posted by lamontb:
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Okay guys if we're at 17 and the last lineman left are Bruce Campbell and Mike Iupati who do you go for?

Iupati!!!!!
  • Luca
  • Veteran
Originally posted by lamontb:
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Okay guys if we're at 17 and the last lineman left are Bruce Campbell and Mike Iupati who do you go for?

Iupati!!!!
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
Not happening...Berry won't get out of the top 10...Iupati's not worthy of a #16/17 pick. I was disappointed in him all Senior Bowl week...he couldn't block any of the DL/pass rushers the South or North squads threw at him. He may be a devastating run blocker, but he's got a ton to learn as a pass protector. A better pick would be Alabama's Mike Johnson in 2nd/3rd rd...he played both OG and OT for Nick Saban.

I see our first round going something like this...if OT's begin flying off the board in alarming numbers, Singletary won't hesitate to get the best one with the #13 pick. If not, he could hedge his bet and take BPA at #13 (i.e. Spiller or Haden) and wait to #16/17 pick to get his OT.

From what I have read, the vast majority of NFL scouts were quite impressed with Iupati's Senior Bowl week practices. Most discounted the game itself, because they were moving Iupati all around the line, where he is most comfortable at the LG position. He is still considered the best guard in the draft with a high potential to play the tackle position.
Share 49ersWebzone