LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 225 users in the forums

49ersBackOnTop's mock draft v.2

• 49ersBackOnTop38
  • Info N/A
Alright webzone, I have been thinking about the best way to put a playoff team on the field is to take our future right tackle at 13 and then trade back to low to mid 20's and take Iupati. This will shore up our line for years and a allow us to grab another talented prospect in a very deep draft. So, this is where I hope the niners front office goes come draft weekend....

1A- Bryan Buluga RT - quick feet in pass protection but also has the ability to maul defenders which is what singletary invisioned when he took over.

1B- Mike Iupati G - we trade back some spots and take the best deal that we get offered. I think he will get past Pittsburgh at 18 but I do not believe Dallas will pass him up. So we grab our last piece to a dominant line and pick up an extra 2nd rounder.

2A- Patrick Robinson CB - his stock has dropped giving us a great value pick in the middle of round 2. At one point he was considered the 2nd best CB in the draft but I think Wilson, Cox, and maybe even Warren jump him which is great for us. He is quick and very physical at the LOS

2B - Jacoby Ford WR - a little early for him but I do not think he will make it to our 3rd round spot so instead of taking a chance, we grab him here to add that speed and big play ability to our offense and special teams

3 - Reshad Jones S - playmaking SS in college allows us to keep Goldson at FS where I think he can be a big time player for us in his second season as a starter. Jones can instantly come in and compete with Lewis for that SS spot and I think can be our starter by opening day

4 - Jermaine Cunningham DE - I'm very high on this guy. Great pass rusher and very explosive off the line. Some may argue he was successful because Dunlap was on the other side but I'm a gator fan and I've seen him dominate even with dunlap out of the game. He will be perfect for our nickel and dime pass rush

5 - LeGarrette Blount RB - powerful back that can really punish a defense in short yardage situations. Very talented but as we all know, had a huge meltdown on opening day versus Boise St. That's the reason him dropping so far and into our hands where Singletary can really bring out the best in this kid

6 - Reggie Carter ILB - provides depth and could be a special teams standout with his speed and strength. Will also bring out the best in Mckillop when Spikes can no longer do the job or take over for Spikes when that day comes

7 - Michael Hoomanawanui TE - I think Jim Dray will be gone when we select here but we still get a very good blocking TE out of Illinoise. He has excellent hands and at 6'4 267 lbs, also presents a HUGE target down around that goaline
those 1st 5 picks are WAY WAY TOO GOOD to be true. switch either bulaga or iupati with spiller and for me its a fantasy
Not a bad mock
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Not bad at all. Assuming we could pull off that trade.
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:

We'd have to luck into that trade, because it really isn't that probable. A team would be giving up a 2nd rounder to move up 8 or 10 spots. It's definetily possible and isn't far off according to the draft value chart I just don't think it's very likely.

[ Edited by tjd808185 on Feb 14, 2010 at 18:30:48 ]
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:

We'd have to luck into that trade, because it really isn't that probable. A team would be giving up a 2nd rounder to move up 8 or 10 spots. It's definetily possible and isn't far off according to the draft value chart I just don't think it's very likely.

True, the more i think of it the less likely it seems. I mean unless some team sees a guy they absolutely must have at 16/17. Otherwise giving up a 2nd just aint worth it
  • 49ersBackOnTop38
  • Info N/A
Thanks for the responses. Predicting a draft day trade is very tough and next to impossible but seeing that we have the flexibility to do so since we already have a talented team, I would pull of this trade in a heartbeat. I can also see new england going against there norm and moving up to get a guy like spiller or mcclain and giving up one of their 3 or 4 2nd rounders
Originally posted by 49ersBackOnTop38:
Thanks for the responses. Predicting a draft day trade is very tough and next to impossible but seeing that we have the flexibility to do so since we already have a talented team, I would pull of this trade in a heartbeat. I can also see new england going against there norm and moving up to get a guy like spiller or mcclain and giving up one of their 3 or 4 2nd rounders

New England's very interesting this year. They have alot of holes to fill and alot of ammunition. They also have a closing window so they need to make an impact with this draft.

In order for that trade to make sense though NE would have jump from 22 to 13 because 22-17 is not even close to having a 2nd round value.

New England's very interesting this year. They have alot of holes to fill and alot of ammunition. They also have a closing window so they need to make an impact with this draft.

In order for that trade to make sense though NE would have jump from 22 to 13 because 22-17 is not even close to having a 2nd round value.

or we could just stay put in the 1st round and trade with the pats to get back into the second round (possibly 11's first, like the panthers and niners trade), that's my dream at least
  • tap11
  • Veteran
I like the mock, but I agree that the trade back will be very difficult. If it could be done I would probably switch Nate Alan / Chad Jones for Robinson, and then take Owusu-Ansah in the third.

But overall, nice draft.

Originally posted by teeohh:

or we could just stay put in the 1st round and trade with the pats to get back into the second round (possibly 11's first, like the panthers and niners trade), that's my dream at least

Part of me would love to do that . . . and part of me says we should save that #1 as insurance in case Smith ultimately flames out in 2010. If we need to make a move for a new franchise QB via draft or trade we'll need the ammo in 2011.
  • 49ersBackOnTop38
  • Info N/A

I think your right but I also feel if new england would trade down to 13 for that impact player, we could still grab buluga at 16/17. The only other team I'm worried about that would take him before our 2nd 1st round pick is the seahawks and they could go a lot of different ways depending on their 1st pick. If buluga is not there at 16, we can still grab Trent Williams or Anthony Davis since I do not believe there will be a run on OT's this year
Originally posted by teeohh:

NO thank I do NOT want to see them trade next yr first for a second this yr. if they did that last yr they would not have pick 13 this yr.
I'm not a big fan of Jacoby Ford i get the felling he is a tack guy that plays football not a football player that runs tack. he looks stiff to me. I have only seen him in two game so I could be wrong if they draft him I hope I'm wrong.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Love your Robinson pick.
Share 49ersWebzone