There are 134 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Mav's Pre-Combine Mock v1.3

Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Originally posted by mavfd9er:
Originally posted by noobie:
Originally posted by elguapo:
spiller will be gone by 16 or 17, i would rather take a good OT and a great pr/kr and great rb than a very good OT and ???? at 16 or 17. This way we get a good OT and a great need filled return man not to mention the best rb in the draft. The only problem is we got coffee last year with a 3rd, so i hope we don't shy away from a rb like spiller to take the 2nd rb spot from a high pick last year.

Read that like 4 times and I couldn't tell what you wanted or meant.

Spiller could be there at 16/17. Only team I see possibly taking spiller is Seattle. If we pass on Spiller at 13 for the best OT he probably wont be taken by the Giants or Tennessee.

That was exactly my thought. I really feel there's a good chance Spiller could be waiting at 16/17. But, let's say Seattle does take Spiller. Maybe a B. Graham or trade back could fit the bill? In any event, OT's are a premium in the draft and letting an elite OT pass by at 13 would be a huge mistake IMO.

Seattle needs an OT almost worse than we do. If Seattle doesn't get their OT at #6 and we're sitting at #13 with Bulaga, Spiller and Iupati on the board, and we take Bulaga, I wouldn't be shocked in Seattle took Iupati over Spiller strictly out of need.

Seattle desperately needs a LT though. It's a stretch to think Iupati can play LT. I wouldn't be surprised if they just waited on tackle and then selected Charles Brown in the 2nd.

[ Edited by tjd808185 on Feb 16, 2010 at 08:56:52 ]
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Yeah, guys but I don't see Seattle not going with one of the Qb's at #6 then going Spiller or OT with #14. Hassellbeck is on his last legs and Bradford or Clausen should be there for them with their first pick.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
spiller will be gone by 16 or 17, i would rather take a good OT and a great pr/kr and great rb than a very good OT and ???? at 16 or 17. This way we get a good OT and a great need filled return man not to mention the best rb in the draft. The only problem is we got coffee last year with a 3rd, so i hope we don't shy away from a rb like spiller to take the 2nd rb spot from a high pick last year.

Spiller could be there at 16/17. Only team I see possibly taking spiller is Seattle. If we pass on Spiller at 13 for the best OT he probably wont be taken by the Giants or Tennessee.

That was exactly my thought. I really feel there's a good chance Spiller could be waiting at 16/17. But, let's say Seattle does take Spiller. Maybe a B. Graham or trade back could fit the bill? In any event, OT's are a premium in the draft and letting an elite OT pass by at 13 would be a huge mistake IMO.

Seattle needs an OT almost worse than we do. If Seattle doesn't get their OT at #6 and we're sitting at #13 with Bulaga, Spiller and Iupati on the board, and we take Bulaga, I wouldn't be shocked in Seattle took Iupati over Spiller strictly out of need.

And this is the part that leaves me scratching my head. Alot of people on here has every GM and their sister passing on Spiller despite them needing a RB greater than us. But we have to have this DO IT ALL STUD despite Frank Gore. If this guys is such a MUST DRAFT! Why are teams in need of a RB passing on him?

I just don't get it around here someimes. Zoners see speed and go Coo Coo For Co Co Puffs!
Originally posted by krizay:

And this is the part that leaves me scratching my head. Alot of people on here has every GM and their sister passing on Spiller despite them needing a RB greater than us. But we have to have this DO IT ALL STUD despite Frank Gore. If this guys is such a MUST DRAFT! Why are teams in need of a RB passing on him?

I just don't get it around here someimes. Zoners see speed and go Coo Coo For Co Co Puffs!

We do have one of the slowest football teams in the NFL. I mean it's pretty bad when your TE is your fastest playermaker.

What separates us from other teams is we actually have the oppurtunity to draft that lineman we desperately need a couple of picks later. BTW what team that desperately needs a running back is passing on him other than Seattle? Cleveland found their running attack with Harrison and Cribbs, Oakland is set, Buffalo is set, Jacksonville is set, Miami is set, Denver just picked a HB in the 1st last year, Giants are set, and Ten is set. Sure there's a couple of teams in the top 5, but Spiller's not a top 5 kind of player, and very few backs are for that matter.

[ Edited by tjd808185 on Feb 16, 2010 at 10:40:55 ]
Solid, very very solid. I would be happy if this went down.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by tjd808185:

We do have one of the slowest football teams in the NFL. I mean it's pretty bad when your TE is your fastest playermaker.

What separates us from other teams is we actually have the oppurtunity to draft that lineman we desperately need a couple of picks later. BTW what team that desperately needs a running back is passing on him other than Seattle? Cleveland found their running attack with Harrison and Cribbs, Oakland is set, Buffalo is set, Jacksonville is set, Miami is set, Denver just picked a HB in the 1st last year, Giants are set, and Ten is set. Sure there's a couple of teams in the top 5, but Spiller's not a top 5 kind of player, and very few backs are for that matter.

None of this changes the fact that most if not all of those teams you named has a greater need at RB than us. Why is he not good enough for them because of needs else where. But perfect for us despite needs elsewhere?

Having 2 1st round picks doesn't mean we're in a position to make a luxury pick.

With that said, if we nail the 2nd and 3rd round picks A Spiller selection COULD work. Still wouldn't like it. But it could work if we get more than adequate starters in the 2nd and 3rd.

But with 2 1st round picks we need to come away with 2 more than adequate starters Period!

None of this changes the fact that most if not all of those teams you named has a greater need at RB than us. Why is he not good enough for them because of needs else where. But perfect for us despite needs elsewhere?

Having 2 1st round picks doesn't mean we're in a position to make a luxury pick.

With that said, if we nail the 2nd and 3rd round picks A Spiller selection COULD work. Still wouldn't like it. But it could work if we get more than adequate starters in the 2nd and 3rd.

But with 2 1st round picks we need to come away with 2 more than adequate starters Period!

Who are you leaning towards with our 2 picks?
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:

Man I have flipped flopped like a mofo with ALL of our picks. I have no idea what the hell I want anymore.

1 draft I do like that won't happen would be to trade our 13th and whatever to move up from 13th to 7thish if Bradford is still there. Then take an OT at 16/17. But again, not likely to happen. Staying put I'm leaning towards Graham/OT or OT/ Earl Thomas. I'm sure i'll change my mind another 99 times before the draft though.

Man I have flipped flopped like a mofo with ALL of our picks. I have no idea what the hell I want anymore.

1 draft I do like that won't happen would be to trade our 13th and whatever to move up from 13th to 7thish if Bradford is still there. Then take an OT at 16/17. But again, not likely to happen. Staying put I'm leaning towards Graham/OT or OT/ Earl Thomas. I'm sure i'll change my mind another 99 times before the draft though.

Same here dude. I've been flip flopping like mad. At one point i was thinking to trade up for Eric Berry with the two 1st rounders.

As of now 1 of the 2 picks has to be an OT, as for the other im changing between the usual guys (Spiller, Thomas, Graham etc)
  • krizay
  • Veteran

Same here dude. I've been flip flopping like mad. At one point i was thinking to trade up for Eric Berry with the two 1st rounders.

As of now 1 of the 2 picks has to be an OT, as for the other im changing between the usual guys (Spiller, Thomas, Graham etc)

Now I have this idea of Graham/Thomas and HOPING for Jason Fox in the 2nd. Who should/may be there.

But Bradford, Graham or Thomas & Fox.

Now I have this idea of Graham/Thomas and HOPING for Jason Fox in the 2nd. Who should/may be there.

To trade up for Bradford at 7 what would we be giving up?

Not that I am against it, but do you really see the 49ers taking Bradford?
  • krizay
  • Veteran

I mean our #13 and our 3rd this year and 3rd next year COULD get it done. Or Even #13, 3rd this year and 2nd next year.

Do I see this going down? Nope!
  • Shemp
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
just to let you guys know i go on a website where all fans come together and talk about the draft the seahwks dont seem to intrested in spiller they seem to want Brian Price Morgan or another DE at 14 while taking a OT or BPA with the first pick

well if you want on this website before the 2008 draft, you'd find not one person excited about the prospect of picking up Kentwan Balmer, so I don't put a lot of creedence in what fans have to say... it's what the front office thinks that matters.

I mean our #13 and our 3rd this year and 3rd next year COULD get it done. Or Even #13, 3rd this year and 2nd next year.

Gotta pray Alex can do something
  • krizay
  • Veteran

Gotta pray Alex can do something

He'll keep us in the middle of the pack. Sticking with Alex is like a blind alley!

But don't tell that to the "HALF FULL" guys.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home