LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 231 users in the forums

Mav's Pre-Combine Mock v1.3

Okay guys here's my pre combine mock. I appriciate all your input. Thanks for reading!

1a. Bryan Bulaga OT: I'm convinced at this point that we must address this need first. We cannot allow Seattle to grab an elite tackle at #14 leaving us with 2nd tier guys.

1b. C.J. Spiller RB: If you don't know who he is then you must not come to the webzone often. Seattle may grab him but they also have bigger needs.

2. Nate Allen FS: Projects as a FS and has a natual talent of playing center field. Goldson will move to SS.

3. John Jerry G: A great inside mauler. Still a little raw with some upside. Could be a starter by week 1. *Mike Johnson if available*

4. Tyson Alualu DE: Solid value in the 4th. Plays with great motor and drive. Also has experience in 3-4. Would be a smooth transtiton.

5. BPA/Depth
6. BPA/Depth
7. BPA/Depth

[ Edited by mavfd9er on Feb 20, 2010 at 12:10:16 ]
Love it!

Add that TE from stanford for blocking and we will have a great line
If we get Spiller with 1b I will be ecstatic. Probably will take a few shots of Goose to celebrate (like I did with Crabtree). But I think Seattle will snag him if we let him go after 1a.

I also want to add that I would not be surprised if his stock skyrockets after the combine and turns into a top 10 pick.
just to let you guys know i go on a website where all fans come together and talk about the draft the seahwks dont seem to intrested in spiller they seem to want Brian Price Morgan or another DE at 14 while taking a OT or BPA with the first pick
Alualu will not make it to the 4th round after his showing at the Senior Bowl. Not to mention, Cal is only one of a handful of teams that play the 3-4 in the NCAA so a experienced 5 technique guy like Alualu will go in the 3rd at the earliest.
spiller will be gone by 16 or 17, i would rather take a good OT and a great pr/kr and great rb than a very good OT and ???? at 16 or 17. This way we get a good OT and a great need filled return man not to mention the best rb in the draft. The only problem is we got coffee last year with a 3rd, so i hope we don't shy away from a rb like spiller to take the 2nd rb spot from a high pick last year.
Originally posted by elguapo:
spiller will be gone by 16 or 17, i would rather take a good OT and a great pr/kr and great rb than a very good OT and ???? at 16 or 17. This way we get a good OT and a great need filled return man not to mention the best rb in the draft. The only problem is we got coffee last year with a 3rd, so i hope we don't shy away from a rb like spiller to take the 2nd rb spot from a high pick last year.

Read that like 4 times and I couldn't tell what you wanted or meant.

Spiller could be there at 16/17. Only team I see possibly taking spiller is Seattle. If we pass on Spiller at 13 for the best OT he probably wont be taken by the Giants or Tennessee.
Fb would be nice to see as well. Norris isn't the same guy from 2 years ago and i can't sit and watch zac play for us anymore. Maybe the guy who was a lb and played very well last perseason for us could fill that role but he's very raw.
IMO we're gonna have to decide Spiller at 13 or the tackle. If we let spiller past us Seattle will draft him.
I would dig that completely

This would be a really good draft !!
I'd take it...
I like it except for #3. Jerry is a fatso. Mike Johnson from Alabama would be a better pick with the 3rd if you go OG.
Originally posted by noobie:

Spiller could be there at 16/17. Only team I see possibly taking spiller is Seattle. If we pass on Spiller at 13 for the best OT he probably wont be taken by the Giants or Tennessee.

That was exactly my thought. I really feel there's a good chance Spiller could be waiting at 16/17. But, let's say Seattle does take Spiller. Maybe a B. Graham or trade back could fit the bill? In any event, OT's are a premium in the draft and letting an elite OT pass by at 13 would be a huge mistake IMO.

[ Edited by mavfd9er on Feb 15, 2010 at 20:29:26 ]
Originally posted by mavfd9er:
Originally posted by noobie:

That was exactly my thought. I really feel there's a good chance Spiller could be waiting at 16/17. But, let's say Seattle does take Spiller. Maybe a B. Graham or trade back could fit the bill? In any event, OT's are a premium in the draft and letting an elite OT pass by at 13 would be a huge mistake IMO.

Seattle needs an OT almost worse than we do. If Seattle doesn't get their OT at #6 and we're sitting at #13 with Bulaga, Spiller and Iupati on the board, and we take Bulaga, I wouldn't be shocked in Seattle took Iupati over Spiller strictly out of need.
Share 49ersWebzone