There are 224 users in the forums

McShay's new Mock

Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
Originally posted by TheChozen:
Originally posted by TheChozen:
4 OT's within the first 8 picks? Come on McShay you can do better than that

It only takes one or two teams to start a rush on a certain position.

Come on, some team like Washington or Detroit takes Russell Okung than all of a sudden everyone is scrambling for OT's? No way. 4 OT's in the top 8 is ridiculous. Just too many other good players for that to happen.

I've seen it happen too many times. Granted, most of the times, the run is on skill players but if the OT's are rated high, anything can happen!

I think there could be 6 OT's take in round 1 overall, but not 4 out of the first 8. That's just ridiculous.

I don't think it's that farfetched. I can see 4 going in the top 10, but I sure do think it's unlikely. This stuff is all going to change after the combine, so take the mock with a grain of salt.
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
Pretty humorous article about McShay's terribleness here:
http://barkingcarnival.fantake.com/2010/02/11/todd-mcshay-licensed-jackanape/

Also suprising comparison of how Lamarr Houston stacks up against the top 2 DTs, esp McCoy. Interesting considering they had many common opponents.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
I could see Dallas taking Nate Allen. But I can't see Kansas City passing on Berry.

The only other "Bahaha" pick is Pierre-Paul at #3. The one-year wonder risk is way too high for a guy who would probably have to run in the low 4.5's (depending on his weigh-in) to get drafted that high.

After taking Jackson so high last year I put KC in the who knows what they will do category. Not a bad mock different from a lot of other i've seen but still very possible.
can anybody imagine that the bucs really will draft JPP over berry?
Originally posted by TX9R:
Rookies are a poor example, they rarely contribute right away, especially playing a new position. Ayers played only in the nickel, likely would have played more if Dumervil hadn't exploded. English didn't start, but flashed when he did play, he was drafted to replace Merriman this year. In fact pass rushers in general take about 3 years to develop.

Actually pass rushers tend to develop a bit faster than the average player. Maybe Merriman, Ware, Suggs and Woodley have skewed my perception though.

Usually OTs take 3-4 years to develop, which means that everyone advocating taking a OT in the first this year because 'we need one' is implicitly supporting a 3 year rebuilding effort. No thanks, i'll take McShays wacky draft any day if we can get Haden and Iupati.

(thats slightly tongue-in-cheek but its not far off from the truth)
Originally posted by communist:
can anybody imagine that the bucs really will draft JPP over berry?

They do need a pass rush since they never got the production from Gaines Adams while he was there. Weirder things have happened........
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by nannite:
Originally posted by TX9R:
Rookies are a poor example, they rarely contribute right away, especially playing a new position. Ayers played only in the nickel, likely would have played more if Dumervil hadn't exploded. English didn't start, but flashed when he did play, he was drafted to replace Merriman this year. In fact pass rushers in general take about 3 years to develop.

Actually pass rushers tend to develop a bit faster than the average player. Maybe Merriman, Ware, Suggs and Woodley have skewed my perception though.

Usually OTs take 3-4 years to develop, which means that everyone advocating taking a OT in the first this year because 'we need one' is implicitly supporting a 3 year rebuilding effort. No thanks, i'll take McShays wacky draft any day if we can get Haden and Iupati.

(thats slightly tongue-in-cheek but its not far off from the truth)

No, you have it backwards, those guys you listed are the exception, most pass rushers take 2-3 years, OTs generally come in and start right away, esp those drafted in the first 2 rounds, check the last few years, the amount of succes for OTs early is stagerring.
Share 49ersWebzone