LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 261 users in the forums

McShay's new Mock

Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by susweel:
Dont like it, we need a real RT in the first round. No more of these tweener type of players.

cosigned. Too high to take Iupati IMO. Not a huge fan honestly.

After one game he's fallen out of favor with so many. It's just plain silly.

For others that have seen him play over the course of the year, and watched him easily be the most dominant lineman in practices-- and that includes against Brandon Graham, whom everybody loves, it's clear he's a special player.

Busts have had great Senior Bowls, and good players have had very poor Senior Bowls. I'll take what I have consistently seen in Iupati over an entire season and an entire week of practice over a single game -- a game where he was moved all over the place, to add.

I've been making the same exact argument in the "Selecting 2 O-linemen" thread. I agree completely, but don't let it get to you OTC. That's all webzone talk, we should be used to it by now. If I remember correctly, no one really talked about selecting Brandon Graham in the 1st until the Senior Bowl. After his performance, "he's a must in the 1st". I just don't get some people sometimes.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by susweel:
Dont like it, we need a real RT in the first round. No more of these tweener type of players.

cosigned. Too high to take Iupati IMO. Not a huge fan honestly.

After one game he's fallen out of favor with so many. It's just plain silly.

For others that have seen him play over the course of the year, and watched him easily be the most dominant lineman in practices-- and that includes against Brandon Graham, whom everybody loves, it's clear he's a special player.

Busts have had great Senior Bowls, and good players have had very poor Senior Bowls. I'll take what I have consistently seen in Iupati over an entire season and an entire week of practice over a single game -- a game where he was moved all over the place, to add.

For me its not that he has fallen out of favor. I just would prefer a playmaker at either CB (Haden), RB (Spiller) or OLB (Graham) in addition to our RT. One game in Mobile where he played out of position for a good amount of time doesnt mean that much.

See, this is the thinking that doesn't bother me. It's those that have turned away and said they don't want Iupati anymore -- chances are, they won't feel the same if another team drafts him and we get to see what he does in the NFL.

I value Iupati very highly, but I won't be upset if we take a fantastic player besides him. There are very few prospects that could be taken to "mess up" these two picks, so I have to believe Scot can get it right and select someone great either way. I'll be elated as long as we land a very good player who has starter-level talent.
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
This does not anger me.

Me neither. I'd love Haden to fall to us
Originally posted by genz22:
I would be happy with this....

1a/ Haden CB
1b/ Iupati G/T

2/ Vlad Ducasse OT
3/ Reshad Jones S
4/ Jacoby Ford WR/KR/PR

Thats literally my dream draft
If Berry falls to 7 id want to trade up and get him
Why does everyone have such a problem with the run on OT? They're all rated very well and the teams he has selecting them all have needs there. Would that suck for us? Yea it would.

I do respect McShay not following the curve on his mocks. He could just post something similar to everyone else (Clausen top 10, Pierre-Paul 12-20) and call it. I can also see KC passing on Berry. Pioli comes from NE, where they value OL/DL draft picks. Look at all the picks NE used on their lines.
LOL at this mock. Does anyone really think that 3 OTs are going to go 4-5-6 and be picked ahead of Berry? Besides McShay that is.

FOCK! it's all about needs, plus good o-lineman are in such a high need
Originally posted by noobie:
Why does everyone have such a problem with the run on OT? They're all rated very well and the teams he has selecting them all have needs there. Would that suck for us? Yea it would.

I do respect McShay not following the curve on his mocks. He could just post something similar to everyone else (Clausen top 10, Pierre-Paul 12-20) and call it. I can also see KC passing on Berry. Pioli comes from NE, where they value OL/DL draft picks. Look at all the picks NE used on their lines.

i like your thinking
I'll tell you this much if Rolando McClain is there we will take him!
Originally posted by wailers15:
I'll tell you this much if Rolando McClain is there we will take him!

Did Scotty tell you this?

I think they're going to take a RT with the 13 pick then trade the 16th and a third round pick for donavan mcnabb.

Championship!!!!
Originally posted by Snider8706:
I think they're going to take a RT with the 13 pick then trade the 16th and a third round pick for donavan mcnabb.

Championship!!!!

I'm sure you mean making it to the championship!!!
THEN!
CHOKEIONSHIP!!!!
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SF69ers:
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
How does McShay have a job

He is a very good draft analyst. However, his mock drafts just dont show it.

Todd McShay is a good draft analyst??
  • Blitz
  • Veteran
LOL at this mock. Does anyone really think that 3 OTs are going to go 4-5-6 and be picked ahead of Berry? Besides McShay that is.

Yep. No way Seattle takes Bulaga over Berry. They would be all over Berry and creaming about it too, the position (and secondary in general) is one of their biggest needs if not biggest.
I really think we take a long look at Clausen if he is available at one of our picks. If not, I'm sure we would find a suitor to trade with. Anyways I really think this is a piss poor mock draft.
Share 49ersWebzone