LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 241 users in the forums

McShay's new Mock

Since it is Insider, I will just post who he picked and not the analysis...

St. Louis Rams
Gerald McCoy*, DT, Oklahoma

Detroit Lions
Ndamukong Suh, DT, Nebraska

Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Jason Pierre-Paul*, DE, South Florida

Washington Redskins
Anthony Davis*, OT, Rutgers

Kansas City Chiefs
Russell Okung, OT, Oklahoma State

Seattle Seahawks
Bryan Bulaga*, OT, Iowa

Cleveland Browns
Eric Berry*, S, Tennessee

Oakland Raiders
Trent Williams, OT, Oklahoma

Buffalo Bills
Sam Bradford*, QB, Oklahoma

Jacksonville Jaguars**
Derrick Morgan*, DE, Georgia Tech

Denver Broncos** (from 7-9 Chicago)
Dez Bryant*, WR, Oklahoma State

Miami Dolphins
Rolando McClain*, ILB, Alabama

San Francisco 49ers (I will give you our analysis)
Joe Haden*, CB, Florida
The 49ers could go in several directions with this pick, including quarterback, offensive line or a pass-rusher, but they wouldn't go wrong taking a top-10 skill player like Haden at this spot.

Seattle Seahawks (from 8-8 Denver)
C.J. Spiller, RB, Clemson

New York Giants
Brian Price*, DT, UCLA

San Francisco 49ers
Mike Iupati, OT/G, Idaho
Iupati is a fast-rising guard/right tackle prospect who is strong and nasty and would fit in nicely with coach Mike Singletary's hard-nosed brand of football.

Tennessee Titans**
Carlos Dunlap*, DE, Florida

Pittsburgh Steelers
Dan Williams, NT, Tennessee

Atlanta Falcons**
Kareem Jackson*, CB, Alabama

Houston Texans**
Earl Thomas*, S, Texas

Cincinnati Bengals
Jermaine Gresham, TE, Oklahoma

New England Patriots
Brandon Graham, OLB, Michigan

Green Bay Packers
Bruce Campbell*, OT, Maryland

Philadelphia Eagles
Taylor Mays, S, USC

Baltimore Ravens
Kyle Wilson, CB, Boise State

Arizona Cardinals
Sergio Kindle, DE/OLB, Texas

Dallas Cowboys
Nate Allen, S, South Florida

San Diego Chargers
Jahvid Best*, RB, California

New York Jets
Arrelious Benn*, WR, Illinois

Minnesota Vikings
Jared Odrick, DT, Penn State

Indianapolis Colts
Maurkice Pouncey*, OL, Florida

New Orleans Saints
Sean Weatherspoon, OLB, Missouri

I love it for us. Haden drops just like I said if he gets passed Cleveland. Hey! Someone who also thinks we should get Iupati! Nice!

Yea, like you all respect him as an analyst...

I just realized something...What? No Clausen?
[ Edited by ninertico on Feb 10, 2010 at 10:55 AM ]
Where's our second pick?
LOL at this mock. Does anyone really think that 3 OTs are going to go 4-5-6 and be picked ahead of Berry? Besides McShay that is.
I could see Dallas taking Nate Allen. But I can't see Kansas City passing on Berry.

The only other "Bahaha" pick is Pierre-Paul at #3. The one-year wonder risk is way too high for a guy who would probably have to run in the low 4.5's (depending on his weigh-in) to get drafted that high.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Feb 10, 2010 at 11:01 AM ]
This does not anger me.
nice mock, but I dont think those 3 tackles will no way go that high. I mean, I guess they could but....it is an opinion...and it gives us something to talk about....
I like McShay's draft analysis but his mocks are a little out there.
[ Edited by SF69ers on Feb 10, 2010 at 11:13 AM ]
I would be happy with this....

1a/ Haden CB
1b/ Iupati G/T

2/ Vlad Ducasse OT
3/ Reshad Jones S
4/ Jacoby Ford WR/KR/PR
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
4 OT's within the first 8 picks? Come on McShay you can do better than that
Originally posted by simplyfloyd:
nice mock, but I dont think those 3 tackles will no way go that high. I mean, I guess they could but....it is an opinion...and it gives us something to talk about....

Before all the talk gearing up for the Bowls, it was mentioned that we could see four, OTs get drafted before we picked at #13 with Okung, Davis, Campbell, and T. Williams as Campbell was seen as a Combine freak.

Now, Bulaga has replaced Campbell and after the Combne, I think Campbell will surpass Williams. Anyway, could see the three tackles going like that.

I can also see Haden slipping to us if Cleveland doesn't land him.

Still, lots to talk about before the pick. Heck, I am liking Graham every time I see his footage especially at the Senior Bowl. I like what E. Thomas did in the season, but in that game against Alabama, his name didn't come up that often. I don't know too much about D. Williams, but he sure looked formidable at the Senior Bowl.

Every time I look at this draft, I smile. We are going to have two great players in the first no matter how you cut it! I mean check it this list in the top 20 who I think might be there starting with #13:

Haden
Morgan
McClain
Davis
Bulaga
Spiller
Iupati
D. Williams
Graham
T. Williams
Thomas
Dunlop

Any two of those picks would be awesome!!!! My favs: Haden, Bulaga, Spiller, Iupati, Graham, D. Williams and T. Williams.

Two from that list and I will need new shorts on draft day!

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Dont like it, we need a real RT in the first round. No more of these tweener type of players.
Clausen falls completely out of the first? No.
Originally posted by ninertico:
Originally posted by simplyfloyd:

Before all the talk gearing up for the Bowls, it was mentioned that we could see four, OTs get drafted before we picked at #13 with Okung, Davis, Campbell, and T. Williams as Campbell was seen as a Combine freak.

Now, Bulaga has replaced Campbell and after the Combne, I think Campbell will surpass Williams. Anyway, could see the three tackles going like that.

I can also see Haden slipping to us if Cleveland doesn't land him.

Still, lots to talk about before the pick. Heck, I am liking Graham every time I see his footage especially at the Senior Bowl. I like what E. Thomas did in the season, but in that game against Alabama, his name didn't come up that often. I don't know too much about D. Williams, but he sure looked formidable at the Senior Bowl.

Every time I look at this draft, I smile. We are going to have two great players in the first no matter how you cut it! I mean check it this list in the top 20 who I think might be there starting with #13:

Haden
Morgan
McClain
Davis
Bulaga
Spiller
Iupati
D. Williams
Graham
T. Williams
Thomas
Dunlop

Any two of those picks would be awesome!!!! My favs: Haden, Bulaga, Spiller, Iupati, Graham, D. Williams and T. Williams.

Two from that list and I will need new shorts on draft day!

I dont see any way that:
1) JPP goes 3rd
2) Berry is passed over by 6 teams
3) Three OTS go 4-5-6 and 4 of top 8 spots are OTS
4) Haden drops to #13 ( although I would LOVE it)
5) Claussen isnt a first round pick
[ Edited by Ninerjohn on Feb 10, 2010 at 11:49 AM ]
I think I would like Haden, but would rather go ROT than their pick.

With that said, McShay has just become another Darth Helmet (Kiper). They just want to get people to watch their crap and stir up some discussion.

Both these guys remind me of the old saying for ladies: "Men are like buses, if you miss one another one will be around in a few minutes".
Originally posted by susweel:
Dont like it, we need a real RT in the first round. No more of these tweener type of players.

cosigned. Too high to take Iupati IMO. Not a huge fan honestly.
Share 49ersWebzone