There are 154 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Combine (Feb 24-Mar 2): It's HERE!

Mays sure looks like the sexy pic, but I'm still not sold on him.....yet. Berry is a whole different story. Droooooool.. Total stud pick.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by ninertico:
Since a couple of weeks ago, I kept reading about a very tall corner compared to the norm in this year's draft and wondered where he would go. I thought maybe the third. After his good 40 time and broad jump, Chris Cook should be considered maybe in the second.

He fits McC's size weight combo at 6'2", 212 lbs who ran a 4.46 and 11' on the broad jump!

How does he compare to Sean Smith of the Dolphins who picked him toward the end of the second?

Lateral movement issues? Slower football speed?

Anyone have more info on him?

He looked really good in the senior bowl. I wouldn't mind if we picked him. He's a freak with that size and athleticism. Just imagine dude going up against Fitz, Spencer vs Boldin, and TBrown vs Breaston. He would be our Fitz stopper and then Boldin couldn't kill us so bad. PLus he has the athleticism to cover guys like DeSean Jackson who always kill us and he could really blanket him. I'd love a pick of Chris Cook.

He looks like a very good football player who could fit well on the 49ers.
Originally posted by BigDaddy:
Mays sure looks like the sexy pic, but I'm still not sold on him.....yet. Berry is a whole different story. Droooooool.. Total stud pick.

I have seen pop warner kids with better tackling form then Mays. I don't want the 3rd rated FS at 13 or 17.

Yeah you're right about Berry, total stud. So fluid, smoothest hips by far. You can't go wrong with this guy, he can play anywhere in the defensive backfield and already played under Monte Kiffin so you can assume that he has some idea of how NFL defenses work. Can't wait to watch this guy in the Pros.
Originally posted by jreff22:

I have seen pop warner kids with better tackling form then Mays. I don't want the 3rd rated FS at 13 or 17.

Mays would make MRob expendable on ST's, instantly be our best ST'er with his speed/size combo.

Still wouldn't touch him with a top 20-25 pick though.