LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 246 users in the forums

Combine (Feb 24-Mar 2): It's HERE!

• pd24
  • Veteran
Originally posted by RedWaltz24:
Originally posted by ninerfanfromny:
If you watch the run again, he veered off to the right at the start too. Could've broken 4.2. I'm stunned how I guy that big runs like that. His Football Outsiders speed score is probably in Brandon Jacobs range.

Al Davis just put in his card. Taylor Mays is a Raider.

He fits the big body type of guy we like.
Originally posted by pd24:
If you watch the run again, he veered off to the right at the start too. Could've broken 4.2. I'm stunned how I guy that big runs like that. His Football Outsiders speed score is probably in Brandon Jacobs range.

He's gonna be good. I remember another hard-hitting DB out of USC who wasn't all that bad...
  • evil
  • Veteran

Nope. They drafted a S in 3 of last 4 drafts. They take Williams/Campbell, book it.

how do you watch it again
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by foreign49er:

He's gonna be good. I remember another hard-hitting DB out of USC who wasn't all that bad...

Darnell Bing ? He was turrible.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by valrod33:

D-V-R.
Originally posted by KRS-1:

D-V-R.

im at work
Originally posted by SF69ers:
Mays 4.24 unofficial

I know. WHOA!

I want to draft him.

of course you do...

Still, I wanted to get takes on him as a SS in OUR D. I know that M. Lewis is more of a LB/SS tweener in our D depending on the coverage. He seems to be playing the run first all the time and then out more on third downs.

Can Mays be a M. Lewis type of a player in our D? I don't see M. Lewis doing much covering, but re-covering. If that is the case, Mays could recover much faster and with some coaching be taught how to cover better.

Don't be surprised if, now, he becomes the talk for the 49ers as we need as SS along with E. Thomas in the first.

Could he become the V. Davis of our safeties, but develop faster...like within the first year.

This thought has been scratching the back of my mind since the Senior Bowl when he made some nice plays. Still, very unproductive based on his college and skill level. I expect E. Thomas #s from him...

Whatcha think?
  • evil
  • Veteran

D-V-R.

im at work

On which corner ?

D-V-R.

im at work

On which corner ?

the one next to the tortilla shop across from the guy selling oranges out the back of his truck

• evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ninertico:
Originally posted by SF69ers:
Mays 4.24 unofficial

I know. WHOA!

I want to draft him.

of course you do...

Still, I wanted to get takes on him as a SS in OUR D. I know that M. Lewis is more of a LB/SS tweener in our D depending on the coverage. He seems to be playing the run first all the time and then out more on third downs.

Can Mays be a M. Lewis type of a player in our D? I don't see M. Lewis doing much covering, but re-covering. If that is the case, Mays could recover much faster and with some coaching be taught how to cover better.

Don't be surprised if, now, he becomes the talk for the 49ers as we need as SS along with E. Thomas in the first.

Could he become the V. Davis of our safeties, but develop faster...like within the first year.

This thought has been scratching the back of my mind since the Senior Bowl when he made some nice plays. Still, very unproductive based on his college and skill level. I expect E. Thomas #s from him...

Whatcha think?

Some teams will still look at him as being the faster NFL LB'er after they turn on the tape again.
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
Has E Thomas measured/ ran yet? Curious how tall he really is.
Originally posted by TX9R:

5'10 208
Originally posted by TX9R:

4.53. Not bad...
I hope we skip joe haden and take alteraun verner in later rounds. I am a bruin and saw him play almost every week, the dude is a monster in coverage and run support. He just ran 4.53 so thats not bad either.
Share 49ersWebzone