Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

AB's WebZone Divsional Mock Draft Thread- Discussion

Originally posted by TexasNiner:
Originally posted by 49wyztoscore:
Originally posted by 49wyztoscore:
49wyz hasn't been on since yesterday morning. Anyone know if he's here on weekend?

Yeah I just made the best pick of the draft. lululzluz

Glad you made it. Good pick. It was the right move. I can't see Miami going any direction but pass rush.

Sorry about the wait. In the Navy and had to stand post.

What? You can't ditch that for a Webzone draft? Or sneak a I-Phone on duty? What kind of fan are you?

A fan that doesn't want to lose his rank lol.
Nice pick for Pitt. It's the move they needed to make. And it saves me a headache. If he was still there in a couple picks, I was debating between the pick they SHOULD make, (Iupati if he was there) and the the one they likely WOULD make (it is the Bungles after all).

As it is, I'm still likely going to be torn between what I think is the right decision and what I think they would do if the two players I think will be there don't get picked in the next two spots.
This was a tuffy as they need a true DE, CB, and OLB. I was torn because I know that Tyson Clabo is in his contract year like Baas. Should I have chosen Trent Williams? Should I reach a bit for Kyle Wilson? Frickin' Dan Williams would have been nice too, but then I remembered they got Jerry last year who they liked.

Therefore, I killed to birds with one stone taking Kindle here as he can play OLB which is where I think he will play primarily, but can rush on his hands on third downs if need be.

Watcha think?

Kindle is a very solid pick. Some have him a bit lower, but you only get one first round pick. Once you're past the top 10 or so, especially getting down toward the 20's, you just take the player you like.

They certainly need a pass rusher, and he's one of the best available. Anyone available at this point who someone has rated higher, is just a matter of opinion, not a clearly superior player.
[ Edited by TexasNiner on Feb 7, 2010 at 9:54 AM ]
Originally posted by ninertico:
This was a tuffy as they need a true DE, CB, and OLB. I was torn because I know that Tyson Clabo is in his contract year like Baas. Should I have chosen Trent Williams? Should I reach a bit for Kyle Wilson? Frickin' Dan Williams would have been nice too, but then I remembered they got Jerry last year who they liked.

Therefore, I killed to birds with one stone taking Kindle here as he can play OLB which is where I think he will play primarily, but can rush on his hands on third downs if need be.

Watcha think?

I agree it's a tough pick. Ultimately a trade down would have been the way to go but if there are no offers then you have to pick someone. Smith likes to play a lot of cover 2 so not so sure how well Kindle would fit into that defense, however the other options might have been Corey Wooten or Everson Griffen but it really depends on how high you would have those guys ranked.
What do you guys think Houston should do? They really would have wanted a S (who can cover) or a CB to be there, but not so much. They still have to go D though. I think Dan Williams is the pick.
Maybe a WR for the bengals ? 85 was in the probowl, but didn't have that great season. And L.Coles isn't getting younger too (and they lost Henry)
Price was a nice pick too. I also like Odrick. Several good DTs to choose from.
good pick Texas, and im stunned Jared Odrick and Dan Williams are available still.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
good pick Texas, and im stunned Jared Odrick and Dan Williams are available still.

And the pats are up. The could use both. Or a pass rusher to play olb

Btw : The packers are very happy how the draft fell :)
Originally posted by AB83Rules:

Thanks. I had a hard time deciding if I should make a smart pick or the "Bengals" picks. I can't help thinking they might go Mays and sing TO. It would fit thier past M.O. perfectly.
The only problem is that now I can't take Golden Tate with the Ravens. Joe Flacco is sad.
The only problem is that now I can't take Golden Tate with the Ravens. Joe Flacco is sad.

Oh, no problem, Jermaine Gresham is still available ;)
I think the draft board will shuffle a bit after the combine.

The knock on Dan Williams is that he takes plays off and lacks motivation at times.

I went with Price because; although the Texans need D-line help, they have been burned by top DT talent that had a lot of upside but needed motivation.

I was hoping for Earl Thomas to fall but knew it wouldn't. The need for secondary help is at the top, but too early for the next best S or CB. If I had more time I would have tried to trade, but who is worth trading up for at this point? So, I pick Price.

There will be choices at CB and S in the second round.

That was my thinking. What do you hard core draft moguls think? AB?
Fantastic pick with Tate. They could go Gresham there too but either guy sould be the perfect pick. Nice job!