LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 239 users in the forums

Maurkice Pouncey

• evil
  • Veteran
6"5 318 pounds. Can play OC and OG but he has also played some at RT. 2009 Rimington Award winner for the best center in the nation. Has 40 career starts under his belt at Florida.

A player we could let compete at OG from day 1 and eventually move him over to replace Heitmann in time. Someone to consider if he is still on the board when our 2nd rounder comes up.

Thoughts ?
Wouldn't be mad with that & would be a great addition to the middle of the line!
could be worth a look at 2nd round if we haven't filled the guard slot by then.
Definitely a decent alternative if the Iupati train doesn't stop in SF. Pouncey, M. Johnson, and Asamoah all would be good pickups in the second or third round.
  • smileyman
  • Info N/A
We could draft him this year and his brother next.
  • Elric
  • Veteran
Now that is an intelegent solution to getting a need filled in the second rd to save our 1st rd pick.

My feeling is 1st pick should be used on a LT, Cj Spiller or an OLB

Our second Pick in the first round should be used For A RT, OLB or DE

1st pick is to high to be used on RT so get a LT back up to Staley or th OLB from Michigan.

One pick for offense and one pick to solidify our pass russ. J. Smith isn't getting any younger.
If he's there in the 2nd, take him.
I am not saying that I think this is the way to go....... at least not yet, but what do you think of taking Pouncy before Iupati? I know that Iupati is a beast and a webzone fav but let me tell you why I have been thinking about this lately. Everything that I have seen suggests that he is quite the player as well. I am begining to like the idea of playing him at guard for a few years then moving him to center after Heitman retires. I don't know about you guys, but I have no confindence in Cody Wallace. Again I have'nt decided that this would be my prefered way to go, but I am entertaining it.
Originally posted by GorefullBore:
I am not saying that I think this is the way to go....... at least not yet, but what do you think of taking Pouncy before Iupati? I know that Iupati is a beast and a webzone fav but let me tell you why I have been thinking about this lately. Everything that I have seen suggests that he is quite the player as well. I am begining to like the idea of playing him at guard for a few years then moving him to center after Heitman retires. I don't know about you guys, but I have no confindence in Cody Wallace. Again I have'nt decided that this would be my prefered way to go, but I am entertaining it.

as a guard i think iupati is much better but he has the potential to be an above average guard and a great center. Center is not really a need now and could be had in later rounds i would only worry about the center position in a few years when heitmann gets old we have to worry about the guard position right now
Not to mention Maurkice played in Urban Meyer's spread system. He is completely comfortable hiking the ball to a QB several yards behind him. A big plus for Alex Smith.

Originally posted by KRS-1:
6"5 318 pounds. Can play OC and OG but he has also played some at RT. 2009 Rimington Award winner for the best center in the nation. Has 40 career starts under his belt at Florida.

A player we could let compete at OG from day 1 and eventually move him over to replace Heitmann in time. Someone to consider if he is still on the board when our 2nd rounder comes up.

Thoughts ?

I've thought of this as well; Pouncey can play G right away and step in at C if Heitmann goes down.

Iupati, on the other hand, can play G and MAY learn to play RT.

If Pouncey Slips to #49 (for some reason), he's a steal.
Our second? Yeah I'm gonna file that one under I'll believe it when I see it. I don't think there's a chance in hell he drops all the way to 49.
Originally posted by PA9erFaithful:
Our second? Yeah I'm gonna file that one under I'll believe it when I see it. I don't think there's a chance in hell he drops all the way to 49.

Maybe he'll pull a rey maualuga
Originally posted by nickbradley:
Originally posted by PA9erFaithful:

Maybe he'll pull a rey maualuga

Like I said, I'll believe it when I see it.
Mayock actually got him as his number one guard/ center right now.
Share 49ersWebzone