LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 227 users in the forums

Scott Wright's Updated Draft 1/22/10

Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
I disagree with Iupati over Williams. I just think a proven RT is more valuable than a OG and a much bigger need for the Niners. Williams-Spiller would be the dream draft for the Niners in my opinion.

Proven? Maybe proven in college, but that doesn't mean he is proven in the pro's. Same goes for Iupati. I'd select Iupati over Williams based on raw talent and potential.

[ Edited by kronik on Jan 22, 2010 at 11:32:30 ]
please oh please let carroll draft taylor mays
I didn't know Spiller can play OG? Is he better than Iupati?
Originally posted by kronik:
I disagree with Iupati over Williams. I just think a proven RT is more valuable than a OG and a much bigger need for the Niners. Williams-Spiller would be the dream draft for the Niners in my opinion.

Proven? Maybe proven in college, but that doesn't mean he is proven in the pro's. Same goes for Iupati. I'd select Iupati over Williams based on raw talent and potential.

Well.. DUH. No player is proven in the NFL yet. Williams is proven as an OT in college which is something that Iupati isnt. Iupati is incredibly hyped in here and I'm sure he will be good. However, I would take Bulaga, Williams, and Davis ahead of him.

I believe that Iupati can slide over to the right side and play tackle. He has great size and very quick feet to make the transition simple and easy. And apparently, he has had experience playing the tackle position. I guess it all really depends on how he does during the senior bowl and combine.
i am thinking about WR Golden Tate- Notre Dame. My eyes on him because he had very good a speed and very fast a runner than Crabtree. I think, i am feeling my gut that Golden Tate is best the draft!
Don't trade Gore, draft Spiller and Williams (or Davis, or Bulaga, or Iupati even) to extend his career and open up our offense.
Scott Wright's (and everyone's) mocks get better as the draft gets closer and this one seems to follow that pattern too. This would be a team-changing first round with several picks left to solidify the defense and add more speed all-around. We better get to the playoffs next year so I don't have to start thinking about the draft so early.
Originally posted by SF69ers:

I believe that Iupati can slide over to the right side and play tackle. He has great size and very quick feet to make the transition simple and easy. And apparently, he has had experience playing the tackle position. I guess it all really depends on how he does during the senior bowl and combine.

I love to view about Iupati is looks great a damn football.. He should be #13?!!?!!!
Originally posted by BuZzB28:
i am thinking about WR Golden Tate- Notre Dame. My eyes on him because he had very good a speed and very fast a runner than Crabtree. I think, i am feeling my gut that Golden Tate is best the draft!

more beast need is o-line, are you blind to see this fact, speed WR we no need at this juncture.

yes you agree then you are wrong to not.

Tate nice and somewhat beast but we need a beast oline
Originally posted by valrod33:

more beast need is o-line, are you blind to see this fact, speed WR we no need at this juncture.

LOL

ok, i know we need a beast oline and should draft Iupati #13?!!? I think it is best this.

I'm assuming he has Tate over Spiller and not T Williams. People are really overrating this we have to OL, OL with picks 13 and 17.
I'd replace Trent Williams with Iupati. Then maybe trade up to late 1st or top of 2nd to get Ducasse. I'm willing to give up next year's 1st, or maybe Gore and a 3rd. We end up with

Iupati, Spiller, Ducasse.

yeah lets trade a proven probowl top 5 running back so we cant make spiller our number 1 back

This is only if we draft Spiller. Gore isn't getting younger or healthier. What are we gonna do, trade him when he has no value?

My first choice is keeping Gore, and drafting Iupati and Bulaga/Davis/Williams, but I can understand if they are willing to go with the younger legs combination of Spiller/Coffee. PS: I'm not a Gore hater.

To be honest he has no value know. Seriously if it isn't AP or CJ why would any team trade for a RB with the way the position has be devalued over the last few years. Not on knock on Gore but it's knock on the position.
Originally posted by lamontb:
I'd replace Trent Williams with Iupati. Then maybe trade up to late 1st or top of 2nd to get Ducasse. I'm willing to give up next year's 1st, or maybe Gore and a 3rd. We end up with

Iupati, Spiller, Ducasse.

yeah lets trade a proven probowl top 5 running back so we cant make spiller our number 1 back

This is only if we draft Spiller. Gore isn't getting younger or healthier. What are we gonna do, trade him when he has no value?

My first choice is keeping Gore, and drafting Iupati and Bulaga/Davis/Williams, but I can understand if they are willing to go with the younger legs combination of Spiller/Coffee. PS: I'm not a Gore hater.

To be honest he has no value know. Seriously if it isn't AP or CJ why would any team trade for a RB with the way the position has be devalued over the last few years. Not on knock on Gore but it's knock on the position.

I agree with you. RB's with 6+ years of mileage aren't worth much.
  • smileyman
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by lamontb:

And sadly the shelf-life for a RB is very, very short. Gore has another three, four years at the most before his production jumps off a cliff.

Backs like Emmitt Smith who had eleven 1,000 yard seasons won't happen anymore. It's also why you see so many more teams going to RBBC. It's worse for individual numbers for the backs but it sure does increase their longevity.
Share 49ersWebzone