LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 247 users in the forums

YOU are on the clock...

Who wants Jacksonville? And who is going to take the 49ers pick at 13?
Anybody want to make the Jaguars pick???
With the 10th pick in the 2010 NFL draft, the Jacksonville Jaguars select DE Derrick Morgan.

Jacksonville could have looked at Iupati here, but their most pressing need is getting pressure on the QB. Morgan is the best value for them at this pick.

[ Edited by Karma on Jan 17, 2010 at 12:09:28 ]
Denver picks Rolando McClain, ILB, Alabama
Is anyone going to claim the niners pick at #13 or is it just going to be the first one that posts when they're up?
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Superbowl09:
Is anyone going to claim the niners pick at #13 or is it just going to be the first one that posts when they're up?

Anybody can claim them.
Originally posted by mayo63:

Anybody can claim them.

#17 and the second rounder are spoken for, but anyone can claim #13. Preferably a veteran.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
With the 12th pick in the 2010 draft the Miami Dolphins select...Dan Williams, DT, Tennessee.

The Dolphins priority appears to be finding a nose tackle for their 3-4 scheme. This is a reach, but one that fills a vital need.

[ Edited by mayo63 on Jan 17, 2010 at 06:39:27 ]
Niners are up. Nobody claimed their #13 pick so the first person to post the pick chooses.
Niners are up. Nobody claimed their #13 pick so the first person to post the pick chooses.

We won't ignore RT again.

With the 13th pick, the San Francisco 49ers select, Bryan Bulaga, OT, Iowa...

Originally posted by strickac:

Do you think he is better than Anthony Davis?
Seattle is on the clock...

I wouldn't say "better", but different. Davis is more physical and a better run blocker. Bulaga just seems like a safer pick to me. He's not as effective as Davis in the run game, but he's more technically sound and has better feet. He's also known for having a great work ethic, which the team should really like. Scot loved Staley's athleticsm, so I gave the edge to Buluga.

Plus, we're going to be asking these guys to slide over to RT, so I think the prospect with better feet will adapt better initially.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran

I wouldn't say "better", but different. Davis is more physical and a better run blocker. Bulaga just seems like a safer pick to me. He's not as effective as Davis in the run game, but he's more technically sound and has better feet. He's also known for having a great work ethic, which the team should really like. Scot loved Staley's athleticsm, so I gave the edge to Buluga.

Plus, we're going to be asking these guys to slide over to RT, so I think the prospect with better feet will adapt better initially.

I'd take either one. Their both good prospects and would be upgrades to what we've got.

[ Edited by mayo63 on Jan 17, 2010 at 06:44:57 ]
Originally posted by mayo63:

I'd take either one. There both good prospects and would be upgrades to what we've got.

Bulaga sounds like he would be a good RT with Iupati lining up beside him at RG. Iupati is a great run blocker, so even if Bulaga isn't amazing against the run we won't be a weak run team on the right side of the line. I like the pick.
Share 49ersWebzone