There are 175 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

OFFICIAL Senior Bowl 2010

Originally posted by abowers1984:
Originally posted by DesiDez:

ILB Phillip Dillard Nebraska

I'm not surprised at the Phillip Dilliard observation. It's a known fact that the 49ers have tried to find a running mate with Willis at ILB whether it be Briggs in 07 or Curtis Lofton in 08. I think ILB is a higher priority than most would think despite the drafting of Scot McKillop last year. They see him as a Jeff Ulbrich/special teams ace.

They see McKillop as much more than just a special teams ace. Of all their selections last year, McCloughan was definitely the most excited by McKillop in the 5th. Big East defensive player of the year and college football's tackles leader coupled with the ideal frame (6'1" 244lbs) for the TED linebacker position, and I think its pretty clear they see him as Spikes' eventual replacement.

http://blog.pressdemocrat.com/49ers/2010/01/lots-of-questions-to-consider-as-offseason-begins.html

Quote:
Q: How do the Niners feel about McKillop and Wilhelm? Do they view that position as a need, or are they confident in them? @mjl84
MM: The 49ers do not consider Scott McKillop a can't-miss future starter for the 49ers. But at the spot they got him in the draft, they adored him for being able to - at the very least - be a solid backup for a long time and be a demon on special teams. That's why I believe if a unique player, such as McClain were at the top of their list of best-available players, they would not hesitate to grab him. Wilhelm did what was asked of him after he replaced Jeff Ulbrich on the roster, but he is certainly guaranteed no spot for next season.

I don't think they're counting on McKillop to replace Takeo. If he does, then its a win-win, but if they have another opportunity to pick up someone with more potential aka athleticism, they will.
Originally posted by SF69ers:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
I'm a huge Iupati supporter but would any of you be opposed to passing up on Iupati in the 1st and selecting John Jerry in the 3rd?

CJ Spiller and Bulaga in the 1st.
Safety or Pass Rusher in the 2nd (Morgan Burnett or Brandon Graham?)
John Jerry in the 3rd.

LOL Are you kidding me??? Spiller, Bulaga, Graham, and Jerry would be a haul that anyone in their right mind would have to salivate over. I am with you 100% on that and would gladly pass on Iupati for that.

LOL it's just that the love for Iupati, which is quite understandable, may blind most of the fans when coming to the draft. Iupati is getting a lot of praise especially from Mayock and Chavous on the NFL Network. John Jerry is making an impact but not as popular. I would take that draft I listed above anyday though

What if we took Iupati and Bulaga
Graham
Jacoby Ford?

Originally posted by OKC49erFan:
I'm a huge Iupati supporter but would any of you be opposed to passing up on Iupati in the 1st and selecting John Jerry in the 3rd?

John Jerry in the 3rd.

LOL Are you kidding me??? Spiller, Bulaga, Graham, and Jerry would be a haul that anyone in their right mind would have to salivate over. I am with you 100% on that and would gladly pass on Iupati for that.

LOL it's just that the love for Iupati, which is quite understandable, may blind most of the fans when coming to the draft. Iupati is getting a lot of praise especially from Mayock and Chavous on the NFL Network. John Jerry is making an impact but not as popular. I would take that draft I listed above anyday though

Graham
Jacoby Ford?

I would take that as well as long as we switch Jacoby Ford with Dexter McCluster
Originally posted by OKC49erFan:

John Jerry in the 3rd.

Graham
Jacoby Ford?

I would take that as well as long as we switch Jacoby Ford with Dexter McCluster

I would go for that.
Does anyone think Graham is going to make it out of the first round?
Originally posted by Ninefan56:

No.

If the 3-4 flavor teams like the Ravens, Cards and Jets don't take him, the Colts likely will.
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:

No.

If the 3-4 flavor teams like the Ravens, Cards and Jets don't take him, the Colts likely will.

The Jets and Rex Ryan have made it publicly known that they would be addressing the edge rusher position. I see Graham going to the Jets.

No.

Been telling you, folks. Graham is no LaMarr Woodley. He's better. Much better. In terms of both talent and in production, you can see it. Violent hand battler, tenacious in his attack, disciplined in pursuit, strong on the bull rush, quick off the snap, not a one-trick pony; possesses a variety of pass-rush moves.. The list goes on and on.

Graham is a heck of a player. If we trade down for some reason, or even if we don't, I'd love for us to take Graham.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Jan 27, 2010 at 11:44 AM ]

No.

The Jets and Rex Ryan have made it publicly known that they would be addressing the edge rusher position. I see Graham going to the Jets.

I think NE will take him before the Jets.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

No.

Been telling you, folks. Graham is no LaMarr Woodley. He's better. Much better. In terms of both talent and in production, you can see it. Violent hand battler, tenacious in his attack, disciplined in pursuit, strong on the bull rush, quick off the snap, not a one-trick pony; possesses a variety of pass-rush moves.. The list goes on and on.

Graham is a heck of a player. If we trade down for some reason, or even if we don't, I'd love for us to take Graham.

Better than the same Woodley that had 13.5 sacks this year?

No.

OTC:
Have you seen enough to develop a new SF draft?

By the way is McClain playing in the Senior Bowl? IF so any reports on him?
[ Edited by Ninefan56 on Jan 27, 2010 at 12:20 PM ]
Originally posted by krizay:

No.

Better than the same Woodley that had 13.5 sacks this year?

Whether he'll be a better pro, that remains to be seen. But as a prospect? He's superior to Woodley. Unquestionably.

No.

OTC:
Have you seen enough to develop a new SF draft?

By the way is McClain playing in the Senior Bowl? IF so any reports on him?

1. Somewhat.

2. McClain is not playing at the Senior Bowl, because he is not a senior. I'll post notes in a moment.
Notes:

- Wayne State's Joique Bell has not disappointed. He's a one-cut and go, no-nonsense runner who won't dance around in the backfield. He reportedly has been doing very well in pass protection and with his size and speed, I expect Bell to go perhaps in the middle rounds. Did not drop any passes that hit his hands.

- WR Taylor Price had an easy pass dropped. Price has inconsistent hands, and this is likely why he'll go in the later rounds despite his speed.

- Graham? Iupati? Both have yet to experience a "bad day."

- Syd'Quan Thompson should not be drafted any higher than the 4th. He doesn't strike me as one of the "tough, thick" small guys, but as a player who will simply be overpowered in the NFL even by other similar-sized players. He cannot play press coverage, and has not been displaying great recovery speed. His only positive asset is a quick break on the ball on shorter routes. That's great, but if he's constantly giving up big plays, he won't last long in the NFL.

- Jacoby Ford made some beautiful adjustments to make some nice catches and displayed good speed and sensational quickness off the snap to beat Kyle Wilson in one-on-one drills.

- I like OLB Koa Misi the more I see him play. He's dropped weight so he's much quicker now, yet still plays with great leverage and has a heck of an initial pop to knock linemen off balance. A great 3-4 OLB prospect in the middle rounds.

- DT Cam Thomas looks like he's really been working at his technique. The only question for him is endurance, as in many games this season he did appear to wear down towards the end. I suppose it's not all that surprising, considering his size. But Thomas has been showing good strength as well as a powerful rip move to break through the grasp of interior linemen.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Jan 27, 2010 at 12:56 PM ]
Notes:

- Wayne State's Joique Bell has not disappointed. He's a one-cut and go, no-nonsense runner who won't dance around in the backfield. He reportedly has been doing very well in pass protection and with his size and speed, I expect Bell to go perhaps in the middle rounds. Did not drop any passes that hit his hands.

- WR Taylor Price had an easy pass dropped. Price has inconsistent hands, and this is likely why he'll go in the later rounds despite his speed.

- Syd'Quan Thompson should not be drafted any higher than the 4th. He doesn't strike me as one of the "tough, thick" small guys, but as a player who will simply be overpowered in the NFL even by other similar-sized players. He cannot play press coverage, and has not been displaying great recovery speed. His only positive asset is a quick break on the ball on shorter routes. That's great, but if he's constantly giving up big plays, he won't last long in the NFL.

- Jacoby Ford made some beautiful adjustments to make some nice catches and displayed good speed and sensational quickness off the snap to beat Kyle Wilson in one-on-one drills.

- I like OLB Koa Misi the more I see him play. He's dropped weight so he's much quicker now, yet still plays with great leverage and has a heck of an initial pop to knock linemen off balance. A great 3-4 OLB prospect in the middle rounds.

- DT Cam Thomas looks like he's really been working at his technique. The only question for him is endurance, as in many games this season he did appear to wear down towards the end. I suppose it's not all that surprising, considering his size. But Thomas has been showing good strength as well as a powerful rip move to break through the grasp of interior linemen.

Ford looks great, I hoped he would slide to the 2nd but I doubt that happens now.

Murphy is VERY physical and looks like a solid CB

Mays is....well......should be a LB

Allen looks good at FS

Iupati was outstanding today. Only issue I can see is he doesn't seem 100% comfortable alone at the edge. With some coaching and time I think he can move to RT easily...not sure about LT.

Thompson doesn't have the top end speed, once he gets hit with a go route he cant keep up.

Cox is looking good.

Dex will be a 2nd round lock.

Wang looked pretty good today. I'm not sure if he's quick enough for LT but he moves pretty well.

Graham was fantastic...only time I saw him get stopped was against Iupati.

Something is up with Cooper, he looks like Braylon Edwards.

Arenas wont be able to match up well with any WR's in the NFL. Looking at him compared to every WR he looks to short and I doubt his vert will be good enough to go up after the ball.
Originally posted by jreff22:
Notes:

Ford looks great, I hoped he would slide to the 2nd but I doubt that happens now.

Murphy is VERY physical and looks like a solid CB

Mays is....well......should be a LB

Allen looks good at FS

Iupati was outstanding today. Only issue I can see is he doesn't seem 100% comfortable alone at the edge. With some coaching and time I think he can move to RT easily...not sure about LT.

Thompson doesn't have the top end speed, once he gets hit with a go route he cant keep up.

Cox is looking good.

Dex will be a 2nd round lock.

Wang looked pretty good today. I'm not sure if he's quick enough for LT but he moves pretty well.

Graham was fantastic...only time I saw him get stopped was against Iupati.

Something is up with Cooper, he looks like Braylon Edwards.

Arenas wont be able to match up well with any WR's in the NFL. Looking at him compared to every WR he looks to short and I doubt his vert will be good enough to go up after the ball.

Murphy is practically an Al Harris clone. Now, he has a huge propensity to gamble and is probably going to be beat quite a bit early in his career biting on pump-fakes, unless he can be coached to play more disciplined. 2nd-3rd round projection right now.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Jan 27, 2010 at 1:53 PM ]