There are 115 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Coin flip means Niners pick #17

  • mayo49
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 22,051
We'll be picking 17.

[ Edited by mayo63 on Feb 26, 2010 at 06:15:32 ]
http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/14606/coin-toss-leaves-49ers-picking-17th
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 8,225
We lost. What a surprise. I don't think it matters much, Tennessee has totally different needs, we'll get the same guy for a little less $.
Originally posted by TX9R:
We lost. What a surprise. I don't think it matters much, Tennessee has totally different needs, we'll get the same guy for a little less $.

The only problem is that it leaves more room open for a team to trade up in front of the Niners if there is someone still good on the board, and teams seem more willing to trade up into the middle picks of the 1st.
Originally posted by niner804233:
Niners lose flip will pick 17th.
http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/14606/coin-toss-leaves-49ers-picking-17th

Well I don't think the Titans are targeting the same positions as us. So losing the coin flip is not the worse thing in the world.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 22,051
Panthers probably called heads. Oh, welll we should be ok, besides Seattle at 14 taking an OT or Spiller, NY and Tenn are totally harmless to us. We should still get our player at 17.

[ Edited by mayo63 on Feb 26, 2010 at 06:21:44 ]
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 22,051
Originally posted by asu49ers:
Originally posted by niner804233:
Niners lose flip will pick 17th.
http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/14606/coin-toss-leaves-49ers-picking-17th

Well I don't think the Titans are targeting the same positions as us. So losing the coin flip is not the worse thing in the world.

Seattle is the only one who could take our player at 14. Tenn and Ny are harmless to us.
Originally posted by mayo63:
Originally posted by asu49ers:
Originally posted by niner804233:
Niners lose flip will pick 17th.
http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/14606/coin-toss-leaves-49ers-picking-17th

Well I don't think the Titans are targeting the same positions as us. So losing the coin flip is not the worse thing in the world.

Seattle is the only one who could take our player at 14. Tenn and Ny are harmless to us.

Can someone collect their needs? would be usefull for sure
Originally posted by mayo63:
Panthers probably called heads. Oh, welll we should be ok, besides Seattle at 14 taking an OT or Spiller, NY and Tenn are totally harmless to us. We should still get our player at 17.

Agree. We will be ok.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 22,051
It still sucks though, I wanted #16. Well, at least now we know.

[ Edited by mayo63 on Feb 26, 2010 at 06:44:12 ]
Tails never fails!
our luck
I didn't want #16 anyways!
Originally posted by TX9R:
We lost. What a surprise. I don't think it matters much, Tennessee has totally different needs, we'll get the same guy for a little less $.

You're exactly right. The only reason I wanted 16 is because the time between picks in the first round is excruciatingly long and I hate to wait!
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 22,051
Originally posted by KezarLivin:
Originally posted by TX9R:
We lost. What a surprise. I don't think it matters much, Tennessee has totally different needs, we'll get the same guy for a little less $.

You're exactly right. The only reason I wanted 16 is because the time between picks in the first round is excruciatingly long and I hate to wait!

LOL. Yeah, I hate waiting too.