LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 223 users in the forums

Mr. McCluster in the 2nd...more like first now.

• obx49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by genus49:
Originally posted by obx49:
If he runs a 4.3 or better in the combine, then teams will be jumping all over him in the first or second round. I see a lot of comparisons being made, but if he runs a sub 4.3 I would compare him to Chris Johnson which would almost guarantee him a 1st round pick.

I see you guarantee and raise you another one...he will not be a first round pick.

His size will hold him back and rightfully so.

Didn't a lot of scouts say the same thing about Chris Johnson when he came out? I hate making comparisons because 9 out of 10 times the person making the comparison is usually wrong. However, in this case, if he runs a sub 4.3 there is very little doubt that he will last past the first round because of the Chris Johnson factor.
If he runs a 4.3 or better in the combine, then teams will be jumping all over him in the first or second round. I see a lot of comparisons being made, but if he runs a sub 4.3 I would compare him to Chris Johnson which would almost guarantee him a 1st round pick.

I see you guarantee and raise you another one...he will not be a first round pick.

Didn't a lot of scouts say the same thing about Chris Johnson when he came out? I hate making comparisons because 9 out of 10 times the person making the comparison is usually wrong. However, in this case, if he runs a sub 4.3 there is very little doubt that he will last past the first round because of the Chris Johnson factor.

If he runs a sub 4.3 he will be a first rounder if he runs a low 4.3 he will be ours in the second.
  • obx49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49wyztoscore:

If he runs a sub 4.3 he will be a first rounder if he runs a low 4.3 he will be ours in the second.

He sure looks like he does...

This kids speed is ludicrous. People might laugh at me but I would take him with our second pick in the first round if he runs a sub 4.3. WE NEED PLAYMAKERS and this kid is one of the best. He lines up as a WR and can run the wildcat. On film he has that 4th gear that guys like Jackson and Chris have. When I watch film on Spiller he lacks it IMO. Ive watched Spiller get caught from behind I have never seen anyone catch McCluster. Just sayin. I personally think we need either one of the two.
  • obx49
  • Veteran

This kids speed is ludicrous. People might laugh at me but I would take him with our second pick in the first round if he runs a sub 4.3. WE NEED PLAYMAKERS and this kid is one of the best. He lines up as a WR and can run the wildcat. On film he has that 4th gear that guys like Jackson and Chris have. When I watch film on Spiller he lacks it IMO. Ive watched Spiller get caught from behind I have never seen anyone catch McCluster. Just sayin. I personally think we need either one of the two.

Ludicrous is definitely the right word to use for his speed and it still wouldn't give him the proper justice. Again, I hate making comparisons, but if you was to put a #28 Titans Jersey on McCluster you'd probably can't tell the difference between the two.

Ludicrous is definitely the right word to use for his speed and it still wouldn't give him the proper justice. Again, I hate making comparisons, but if you was to put a #28 Titans Jersey on McCluster you'd probably can't tell the difference between the two.

I know you couldn't. I really want this kid. Have him return kicks/punts and give him 7-10 touches on offense a game.
The ONLY time anyone has run down Spiller was when he was playing hurt. His games against FSU and GT come to mind this year when he was playing in a lot of pain because of the turf toe while still piling up 300+ total yards. In those games, he would sometimes angle towards the sideline because he couldn't hit that extra top gear. Otherwise, nobody can run with him.
Originally posted by TheBlueHell:
The ONLY time anyone has run down Spiller was when he was playing hurt. His games against FSU and GT come to mind this year when he was playing in a lot of pain because of the turf toe while still piling up 300+ total yards. In those games, he would sometimes angle towards the sideline because he couldn't hit that extra top gear. Otherwise, nobody can run with him.

Google video him and you will see it happen more than once. His 92 yard kick off return his own teammate #6 outruns him. Not saying he is slow by anymeans. Just saying there are guys with the end speed that very few obtain.

Google video him and you will see it happen more than once. His 92 yard kick off return his own teammate #6 outruns him. Not saying he is slow by anymeans. Just saying there are guys with the end speed that very few obtain.

I've been watching him on TV and in person since he was in high school. He has a legitimate shot at running a sub 4.3 40. You realize that he was a track champion in college, too, right? Nobody touched him except for the games when he was hurt and getting shot up at halftime.

Your point about #6 is way offbase considering that #6 is none other than Jacoby Ford. Ford could very well be the fastest man in CFB, as ESPN referred to him numerous times this season (and not Trindon Holliday). Ford could easily run the fastest time at the combine this year and is a national champion at track while at Clemson as well. Here he is beating Holliday to become an indoor national champion:

I've been watching him on TV and in person since he was in high school. He has a legitimate shot at running a sub 4.3 40. You realize that he was a track champion in college, too, right? Nobody touched him except for the games when he was hurt and getting shot up at halftime.

Your point about #6 is way offbase considering that #6 is none other than Jacoby Ford. Ford could very well be the fastest man in CFB, as ESPN referred to him numerous times this season (and not Trindon Holliday). Ford could easily run the fastest time at the combine this year and is a national champion at track while at Clemson as well. Here he is beating Holliday to become an indoor national champion:

That's good and all but playing football I know running without pads on a track is way different than running with a football in your hands and pads on. Like I said I don't by anymeans think Spiller or Ford is slow. I just see 2 different game speeds and McCluster looks lights out with the ball. I would love Spiller or McCluster but McC in the second would be a better value IMO.

I still say McCluster in the 2nd.

Draft would go like this.

1A) Bulaga
1B) Lupati
2) McCluster
3) Major Wright

Would be my first three rounds.
  • krizay
  • Veteran

1A) Bulaga
1B) Lupati
2) McCluster
3) Major Wright

still sticking to my

1a: Bryan Bulaga, OT, Iowa
1b: Earl Thomas, S, Texas
2: Dexter McCluster,WR/RB, Ole Miss

But could live with yours
Originally posted by krizay:

1A) Bulaga
1B) Lupati
2) McCluster
3) Major Wright

still sticking to my

What is with you and undersized Texas safeties???? Are you from Texas or just a big fan of the Texas longhorns?
[ Edited by kronik on Jan 27, 2010 at 12:58 PM ]
Not sure McCluster will be on the board with our second rounder anymore. His stock is exploding this week, and anytime a team sees a player who is a threat to score at any time, his value increases exponentially.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by kronik:
Originally posted by krizay:

1A) Bulaga
1B) Lupati
2) McCluster
3) Major Wright

still sticking to my

What is with you and undersized Texas safeties???? Are you from Texas or just a big fan of the Texas longhorns?

actually i'm an Aggie fan
Share 49ersWebzone