There are 250 users in the forums

Mr. McCluster in the 2nd...more like first now.

I like this guy more than CJ Spiller as a KR/PR but he just seems too small...
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by kronik:
Originally posted by krizay:
Originally posted by 49wyztoscore:
I still say McCluster in the 2nd.

Draft would go like this.

1A) Bulaga
1B) Lupati
2) McCluster
3) Major Wright

Would be my first three rounds.

still sticking to my

1a: Bryan Bulaga, OT, Iowa
1b: Earl Thomas, S, Texas
2: Dexter McCluster,WR/RB, Ole Miss

But could live with yours

What is with you and undersized Texas safeties???? Are you from Texas or just a big fan of the Texas longhorns?

and BTW

Ed Reed 5'11 200
Brandon Merriweather 5'10 195
nick collins 5'11 200

Earl Thomas 5'10 197
I realy think McCluster can be gotten in the third based on size alone
we need a runningback with dreads
Originally posted by krizay:
Originally posted by 49wyztoscore:
I still say McCluster in the 2nd.

Draft would go like this.

1A) Bulaga
1B) Lupati
2) McCluster
3) Major Wright

Would be my first three rounds.

still sticking to my

1a: Bryan Bulaga, OT, Iowa
1b: Earl Thomas, S, Texas
2: Dexter McCluster,WR/RB, Ole Miss

But could live with yours

I could live with yours too.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Not sure McCluster will be on the board with our second rounder anymore. His stock is exploding this week, and anytime a team sees a player who is a threat to score at any time, his value increases exponentially.

Yeah. If you read the fisrt part of this thread I was saying after the combine he might be a first rounder. I wouldn't mind taking him with our second first rounder.
I am on the band wagon of dual OLs in the first as MD and Dave have proposed as some others including me at one time before my man crush on Spiller. McCluster is an option in the second, but I think someone else will drop instead of having to take some one who shot up. In all seriousness, I see us taking the BPA at #49 at any position because it would be an upgrade to what we have including RS.

If he continues to ascend especially after his Combine, I can see him jumping from the 3rd to the 2nd and history sides on McCluster on this one especially if he clock around 4.3.

I would love a Iupati, Bulaga/Williams, McCluster threesome. Still, I believe someone with a first round grade to start with will drop to #49.

I think we would have to go that direction instead.

I like this idea Then we can use the 13th on a tackle, and trade down gain some picks and get the OG from Idaho late in the first round. we wont have to waste a first round pick on spiller
Dexter is Warrick Dunn. Same build, same elusiveness. McCluster is probably faster.

The problem with McCluster will be durability concerns. That's what was so amazing about Warrick. He was an every down back but you never saw him take a big hit. He knew how to protect himself.

Dexter is a true football player though. Anybody with any creativity on offense will find a way to get him the ball. And they should.
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
He's like Darren Sproles i think in the spread he could be deadly
his stock probably climbed big time after a good game today

i wouldnt mind having him maybe he could even return kicks we need a KR/PR BAD!!!

yeah, I think he'll be gone by the time we pick in the 2nd. Everyone is on this dude's horse....his stock is soaring

Originally posted by simplyfloyd:
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
He's like Darren Sproles i think in the spread he could be deadly
his stock probably climbed big time after a good game today

i wouldnt mind having him maybe he could even return kicks we need a KR/PR BAD!!!

yeah, I think he'll be gone by the time we pick in the 2nd. Everyone is on this dude's horse....his stock is soaring

I say we take him with our second pick. He is the dynamic player we need sooooo badly.
Share 49ersWebzone