LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 237 users in the forums

Week 17 NFL Draft Scenarios (and who to root for)

Originally posted by hcniner64:
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Been crunching some numbers. The total number should match 256 games.

Panthers opponents 137-118 (Going into Jets game)
Titans opponents 136-119 (Going into Jets game)
NYG opponents 135-121 (All games complete)

Since both the Panthers and Titans played the Jets, the game is meaningless in the end for the tiebreaker in opponents' W-L. The Niners will miss out on the coin toss with the Titans by one game, and the Giants, by either two or three games.

We will be selecting 13th, and either 17th or 18th depending on the outcome of the game.

I did a quick run through and based it on percentages and not wins cause I was a little lazy, obviously wins is more accurate. Seeing this made me rethink my math and I was just wondering where I went wrong and tried to convert them to wins instead.
Tennesee has a .546 winning percentage though 15 weeks this comes out to 131.04 wins. (240 x .546 equals 131.04) Their schedule went 7-9 this week so 7 more wins makes 138.04 wins You have that they have 136 wins so if the jets win that would be 137.
Are my percentages i was using wrong or my calculation of their their schedule this week, cause someone made a mistake even though it is one game?

It may have been that Tennessee's .546 could have been a 16-game projected W-L percentage, not the real number through 15 games. That may have altered your final number.
  • hcniner64
  • Info N/A

Since both the Panthers and Titans played the Jets, the game is meaningless in the end for the tiebreaker in opponents' W-L. The Niners will miss out on the coin toss with the Titans by one game, and the Giants, by either two or three games.

We will be selecting 13th, and either 17th or 18th depending on the outcome of the game.

I did a quick run through and based it on percentages and not wins cause I was a little lazy, obviously wins is more accurate. Seeing this made me rethink my math and I was just wondering where I went wrong and tried to convert them to wins instead.
Tennesee has a .546 winning percentage though 15 weeks this comes out to 131.04 wins. (240 x .546 equals 131.04) Their schedule went 7-9 this week so 7 more wins makes 138.04 wins You have that they have 136 wins so if the jets win that would be 137.
Are my percentages i was using wrong or my calculation of their their schedule this week, cause someone made a mistake even though it is one game?

It may have been that Tennessee's .546 could have been a 16-game projected W-L percentage, not the real number through 15 games. That may have altered your final number.

That would make sense I went off the websites at the top of this forum page which has the picks through week 16 so the percentage is whatever they used. I mean I'm not a mathmetitian but I was pretty confident in my addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division, but if thats what the website used then that would explain it. Shows me for being lazy and using other peoples numbers.
sh!t, looks like 17th.....i really wanted that one spot, what a tease, 13 and 17 is still pretty good. At 17 we could get the best G if we feel like reaching
  • hcniner64
  • Info N/A

That would make sense I went off the websites at the top of this forum page which has the picks through week 16 so the percentage is whatever they used. I mean I'm not a mathmetitian but I was pretty confident in my addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division, but if thats what the website used then that would explain it. Shows me for being lazy and using other peoples numbers.

Looks like laziness pays off indeed it does come down to a coin flip

[ Edited by hcniner64 on Jan 4, 2010 at 9:22 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone