There are 232 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Bowl Week: Prospect Watch #3, the Last of 2009: 12/30 - 12/31

Idaho- 8:00 in 2nd quarter

First play- Quick hitch right. Stands man up.
Second play- pulls left and takes out LB on a clean block, allowing a nice hole.
Third Play- takes DT two yard down the field, then leaves him to block MLB. Very few guys are athletic enough to make this play. VERY impressive.
Fourth play- Only three man rush. Iupati doubles DT, who goes in reverse.

Punt to Barnes- fair catch.
BG- 5:00 2nd quarter

First catch- in slot, runs quick slant for 7 yards. Broke one tackle.
I'd love to see Iupati try to block Ndamukong Suh...
To be fair, these guys Iupati are tin cans. He's just pulled twice in a row and destroyed the guys coming up to tackle. And, he picked up and threw the MLB four yards down the field blocking in the second level.

It is really fun to watch the kid play. He just needs to play better competition, because the players at this level are a joke against him.
Is Iupati this good every game?!? He could replace Baas or Snyder today!!!

PS: I love the smurf turf!
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Wow, 6'6", 330 the guy is massive, I'd love to see him as Niner.
Originally posted by KezarLivin:

he should replace Bass.
frank needs a guy like Iupati
Originally posted by PA9erFaithful:
I'd love to see Iupati try to block Ndamukong Suh...

well if the rams pick suh and we pick iupati. it could happen.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Do we take an OT then take this guy at guard with our first two picks? Or can this guy be our RT?
Question I have now is do the 49ers need to use their 1st 1st to get him. If he is dominating like this in his bowl game, interviews well, lifts a house at the combine, and does good on 1 on 1's, AND scouts feel he can be moved to Tackle, can his offseason push him into the Okung, Williams, Davis discussion?
Originally posted by domesik:
Question I have now is do the 49ers need to use their 1st 1st to get him. If he is dominating like this in his bowl game, interviews well, lifts a house at the combine, and does good on 1 on 1's, AND scouts feel he can be moved to Tackle, can his offseason push him into the Okung, Williams, Davis discussion?

Thats what I was wondering. Every year someone from a smaller program starts to rocket up the board, and I think Iupati may do that.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran

Thats what I was wondering. Every year someone from a smaller program starts to rocket up the board, and I think Iupati may do that.

I want him bad now.
Originally posted by mayo63:

I want him bad now.

Yeah, he NEEDS to be a Niner next year. Make it happen Scotty!!!
Massive blocks by Iupati, taking on 2 guys to spring a TD.

That was impressive.
[ Edited by Schulzy on Dec 30, 2009 at 3:51 PM ]

Yes. He is. There hasn't been a single game I've seen him in where he fails to absolutely dominate the opposition, often taking on two defenders at a time by himself.