LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 237 users in the forums

Bowl Week: Prospect Watch #3, the Last of 2009: 12/30 - 12/31

Goodness, Idaho is just playing in absolute fear of Barnes.

Edit: .. And that's why. He's just been doing that ALL year. It doesn't matter how fast he runs, if he can put up performances like this all year.. He has an NFL future.

17 catches, shattering the NCAA Record, 219 Yards and 3 TDs. Barnes is an unbelievable talent. Aren't you all glad I brought the name up back in October? (http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/thread.php?num=132452&highlight=freddie)
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Dec 30, 2009 at 5:02 PM ]
TD Freddie Barnes, 17 Rec, 219 Yards, 3 TD's tonight.
[ Edited by AB83Rules on Dec 30, 2009 at 5:00 PM ]
wowsa, 155 Rec on the yr for barnes.
Wow, one of the best bowl games I've seen so far...
Originally posted by KezarLivin:
Wow, one of the best bowl games I've seen so far...

This is amazing... Just incredible. Wow. And going for 2 now? My gosh.
Originally posted by PA9erFaithful:

My sentiments exactly. I feel so, so bad for Freddie Barnes. That record will be hard to be happy about with such a heartbreaking loss. :(

But I'm very happy for Iupati, he was flawless.
Freddie Barnes He's got a future.

Great game.

I had Bowling Green with the spread (+1.5) and Idaho straight up. Haha, worked out perfectly.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by PA9erFaithful:

My sentiments exactly. I feel so, so bad for Freddie Barnes. That record will be hard to be happy about with such a heartbreaking loss. :(

But I'm very happy for Iupati, he was flawless.

Indeed, now let's hope we can get him!
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Clock, can Iupati play RT or is he strictly a guard?

Originally posted by mayo63:

I think he may indeed possess the feet to play RT. He's so incredibly athletic, yet immensely powerful, I don't think you can pass on the guy even if it is in the teens. I have to believe that he is the kind of top tier player, that special kind of Guard that comes around once in a decade that you MUST pull the trigger on early. And that means top 20 for Iupati. I hope for our sake, we take him by our 2nd first-rounder. I don't care where we put him, just take him and start him on the line immediately.
This was just amazing, the magic of college football strikes yet again. People are always in disbelief why i stay up late at night watching these games but they are the one who are missing the magic. I was so tired after work tonight but i had to watch Barnes and Iupati. Loved the ending

I think he may indeed possess the feet to play RT. He's so incredibly athletic, yet immensely powerful, I don't think you can pass on the guy even if it is in the teens. I have to believe that he is the kind of top tier player, that special kind of Guard that comes around once in a decade that you MUST pull the trigger on early. And that means top 20 for Iupati. I hope for our sake, we take him by our 2nd first-rounder. I don't care where we put him, just take him and start him on the line immediately.

He was amazing to watch in this game. He´s so fast, he runs all over the place, great feet. Im with you. Just take him and start him.
Originally posted by Icelandic49er:

He was amazing to watch in this game. He´s so fast, he runs all over the place, great feet. Im with you. Just take him and start him.

I think he would honestly be an instant upgrade over anyone we currently have on the line. I really do.
And for our sake.. I hope we sign someone who can handle Suh.. Because he's headed to St. Louis. I doubt he'd get passed on even if he got injured, he's that good.
Share 49ersWebzone