LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 219 users in the forums

Official 2010 NFL Draft Underclassmen Declared Thread

Originally posted by 49wyztoscore:
Originally posted by GoFD74:
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
I hope McCluster declares.

McCluster is a senior, AB.

I would definitly take this kid. He is a stud.

What round is he projected to go in? I was highly impressed with his breakaway speed, he's got some real burners.
Just a head's up in the next couple of weeks. Underclassmen have 12 days to declare if they are entering the draft. The deadline is Friday, January 15. As long as these players do not sign with an agent, they will have three days from that point to remove their hat from the ring, and return to school.

Players will continue to declare, Many players are reviewing their draft projection by the NFL Draft Advisory Committee with coaches and family members to make the right call. Others have little choice, and will declare, because they will be academically ineligible unless they make a heroic comeback.

Expect the host of Florida Gators to declare this next week, including Carlos Dunlap, Maurkice Pouncey, and maybe his brother, Mike.

Once Georgia Tech plays tomorrow, expect Derrick Morgan to declare.

After these juniors and eligible sophomores declare, they usually make a quick be-line to many of the NFL draft preparation camps in warmer parts of the country. Tom Shaw's camp in Florida is a hot spot, and he is the guru of draft preparation, often able to shave tenths of seconds off forty time to make players a ton of money. The NFL Combine is less than two months away. In fact, the first of the players will report in about 50 days, on February 24. So, time is precious in preparing for the challenge of impressing scouts and coaches with blazing speed, excellent change of direction, impressive broad and vertical jumps, and the interview process.
Originally posted by JDeezy:
Originally posted by 49wyztoscore:
Originally posted by GoFD74:
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
I hope McCluster declares.

McCluster is a senior, AB.

I would definitly take this kid. He is a stud.

What round is he projected to go in? I was highly impressed with his breakaway speed, he's got some real burners.

He is projected for the 3rd right now but I'm very confident that after the senior bowl and combine he will be a second rounder. If and that is a big if, he runs a sub 4.3 forty he might go in the first.
you can probably rule out NC DT Marvin Austin.

http://twitter.com/schadjoe/status/7320613346

likely coming back to NC in 2010.

Originally posted by Joe Schad:
I'm told UNC Marvin Austin plans to RETURN in hopes of being the next Suh
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft10/news/story?id=4792743

Quote:
Florida junior cornerback Joe Haden announced Sunday that he's declared for the NFL draft in what could be the start of a mass exodus of Florida underclassmen leaving early for the pros.

Haden is rated as one of the top cornerback prospects in the draft, and it was pretty much a foregone conclusion that he was coming out. Other Florida juniors who may also come out are defensive end Carlos Dunlap, tight end Aaron Hernandez, center Maurkice Pouncey, guard Mike Pouncey and safety Major Wright.
Nice. I really like him but doubt we draft him considering Clements is still looked at as a corner (although I have to admit that I'm intrigued with the idea of him as a safety).
Thanks for the heads up OTC, definate Top 10 Pick IMO.
Knew that was coming
Updated. Thanks guys for the updates.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
You guys think Earl Thomas will declare?? Any word on him??

• dman
  • Veteran
Anything on Joe McKnight?
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Just a head's up in the next couple of weeks. Underclassmen have 12 days to declare if they are entering the draft. The deadline is Friday, January 15. As long as these players do not sign with an agent, they will have three days from that point to remove their hat from the ring, and return to school.

Players will continue to declare, Many players are reviewing their draft projection by the NFL Draft Advisory Committee with coaches and family members to make the right call. Others have little choice, and will declare, because they will be academically ineligible unless they make a heroic comeback.

Expect the host of Florida Gators to declare this next week, including Carlos Dunlap, Maurkice Pouncey, and maybe his brother, Mike.

Once Georgia Tech plays tomorrow, expect Derrick Morgan to declare.

After these juniors and eligible sophomores declare, they usually make a quick be-line to many of the NFL draft preparation camps in warmer parts of the country. Tom Shaw's camp in Florida is a hot spot, and he is the guru of draft preparation, often able to shave tenths of seconds off forty time to make players a ton of money. The NFL Combine is less than two months away. In fact, the first of the players will report in about 50 days, on February 24. So, time is precious in preparing for the challenge of impressing scouts and coaches with blazing speed, excellent change of direction, impressive broad and vertical jumps, and the interview process.

I think Georgia Tech's Jonathan Dwyer (RB) will likely declare after the Orange Bowl too...I don't think he has much to gain by staying for a 5th year.
Maddog, Ghost, and OTC:
When will you post your next mocks? I personally would like your personal mock drafts and then what you think Mc will do.
Originally posted by Ninefan56:
Maddog, Ghost, and OTC:
When will you post your next mocks? I personally would like your personal mock drafts and then what you think Mc will do.

I'll probably put up my next sometime after 1/15 (cut-off for underclassmen to declare).

Speaking of declaring...I really think Florida's center Maurkice Pouncey, DE Carlos Dunlap and TE Aaron Hernandez will declare. I think Maurkice's brother Mike will stay behind to try and improve his draft grade.
Georgia Safety Reshad Jones to declare. He says fellow Bulldog Rennie Curran (LB) will likely declare too.
Share 49ersWebzone