LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 284 users in the forums

Official 2010 NFL Draft Underclassmen Declared Thread

Clemson S Deandre McDaniel is staying in school. He was second in the nation in INTs this year and plays the run very well (great hitter), making several AA teams in his first year at safety. He has a great shot to be a first rounder next year with another strong season.
Joe McKnight is entering the draft, from espn.
Mallett to remain at Arkansas
Earl Thomas declared. Don't have an online source yet.
BUMP
  • buck
  • Veteran
Is this a list of declared players?

The reason I ask is that Rolando McClain is on your list and I do not think that he has declared.

Am I wrong? Maybe I just missed it. When did he declare?

edit:

Never mind. I just saw the post with the information. He declared today.

[ Edited by buck on Jan 11, 2010 at 12:56:27 ]
Originally posted by buck:
Is this a list of declared players?

The reason I ask is that Rolando McClain is on your list and I do not think that he has declared.

Am I wrong? Maybe I just missed it. When did he declare?

just declared. http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft10/news/story?id=4816604
With Morgan Burnett and Chad Jones declaring, this years safety class is getting a lot deeper. This bodes well for us in that one or more of these guys will be available later, and we can focus on more pressing needs early.
Originally posted by saniner:
With Morgan Burnett and Chad Jones declaring, this years safety class is getting a lot deeper. This bodes well for us in that one or more of these guys will be available later, and we can focus on more pressing needs early.

I thought Burnett was staying.
Originally posted by genus49:
Originally posted by saniner:

I thought Burnett was staying.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4816124

He officially declared

http://www.nola.com/lsu/index.ssf/2010/01/lsu_football_chad_jones_to_ent.html

This is the link for Chad Jones. This is a great year to pick up a safety
Looks like Pitt DE Greg Romeus is going to stay one more year at Pitt. GBNreport.com is reporting the news.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Looks like Pitt DE Greg Romeus is going to stay one more year at Pitt. GBNreport.com is reporting the news.

just read that too MD, whats your thoughts on him, what rd was he projected in your mind, i was thinking mid-late 2nd.
couple more players staying put.

Arkansas TE DJ Williams
Houston QB Case Keenum
Michigan State LB Greg Jones
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Originally posted by MadDog49er:

just read that too MD, whats your thoughts on him, what rd was he projected in your mind, i was thinking mid-late 2nd.

I had Romeus as an early second rounder. Still very green, but has good upside. I haven't seen anything special thus far in 2009 to make me think that he is a top-level DE, so going back to school is a good idea.
Share 49ersWebzone