LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 301 users in the forums

Scout.com mock draft

Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by BuZzB28:
Originally posted by SF69ers:
Mays

But I like that a lot of mock drafts have us selecting Haden

I wonder, how good is haden? u know? the 49ers did pick the CB in the one round and since for 10 years somethings and really was busts!! So I prefer the 3 round through 6 rounds for CB that would best for the 49ers!!

1st round is CB

RW? But then they also drafted Lott in the first round. Nothing magical about the round number

ok, Do you remember about Ahmed Plummer, Mike Rumph, and R.W. Mcquarters that they were 1 rounds of all busts!!

ok, Do you remember about Ahmed Plummer, Mike Rumph, and R.W. Mcquarters that they were 1 rounds of all busts!!

2000, 2002, and 1998. The people who made the decisions to pick those players are no longer with the team, so what do they have to do with our team going forward?
Originally posted by domesik:
Originally posted by PickNo24toGB:
I don't know why folks don't want a player that would solve 4 positions of need

KR, PR, slot WR, gun back

And not taking anything away from Gore but I don't care how he feels about the 49ers drafting another RB, this is a big boy league, not a tea party. I want Spiller with the thought that it would actually extend Gores career, not push him out of the offense.

Plus Gore isn't getting any younger.

people are more focused on the glaring needs such as secondary and o-line because that has been the weak link on our team for the past few years. i agree because running back is one our strongest position and it wouldnt be smart to spend a 1st round pick on a player who will make his biggest impact on special teams. there will be other years when niners can draft a dynamic running back but very few when they can strengthen the team in one round.

And if we were still running the Hill/Gore smashmouth offense then I would not want Spiller but focus on OL and the other areas of more pressing need. But if the 49ers are going to the spread/shotgun as their offense of the future then you need to load that offense up. And again, Spiller fills 4 positions, is a threat to score from all 4 of them.

Now OT I agree would need to be taken care of early. A T. Williams-CJ. Spiller first works for me. OG's don't need to be taken in the 1st and if Berry and Haden are gone then I'd rather go stud speed back then the 2nd-3rd best CB/FS.

How's this?

1a) T. Williams
1b) CJ Spiller
2) OG/FS/CB
3) FS/CB/OG

just to let you know im not hating on spiller. on the contrary, i am a big fan of his playmaking abilities and i think he would add another big play threat on offense and special teams. i just agree with other zoners that niners need to address other holes on the team that would significantly upgrade the overall talent of team.

that being said, if haden isnt available i wouldnt mind those first four picks at all.
I don't know why folks don't want a player that would solve 4 positions of need

KR, PR, slot WR, gun back

And not taking anything away from Gore but I don't care how he feels about the 49ers drafting another RB, this is a big boy league, not a tea party. I want Spiller with the thought that it would actually extend Gores career, not push him out of the offense.

Plus Gore isn't getting any younger.

people are more focused on the glaring needs such as secondary and o-line because that has been the weak link on our team for the past few years. i agree because running back is one our strongest position and it wouldnt be smart to spend a 1st round pick on a player who will make his biggest impact on special teams. there will be other years when niners can draft a dynamic running back but very few when they can strengthen the team in one round.

And if we were still running the Hill/Gore smashmouth offense then I would not want Spiller but focus on OL and the other areas of more pressing need. But if the 49ers are going to the spread/shotgun as their offense of the future then you need to load that offense up. And again, Spiller fills 4 positions, is a threat to score from all 4 of them.

Now OT I agree would need to be taken care of early. A T. Williams-CJ. Spiller first works for me. OG's don't need to be taken in the 1st and if Berry and Haden are gone then I'd rather go stud speed back then the 2nd-3rd best CB/FS.

How's this?

1a) T. Williams
1b) CJ Spiller
2) OG/FS/CB
3) FS/CB/OG

just to let you know im not hating on spiller. on the contrary, i am a big fan of his playmaking abilities and i think he would add another big play threat on offense and special teams. i just agree with other zoners that niners need to address other holes on the team that would significantly upgrade the overall talent of team.

that being said, if haden isnt available i wouldnt mind those first four picks at all.

No problemo, either way it appears that it won't be IF the 49ers get 2 IMPACT players in the 1st, but which 2 they'll land.
Originally posted by jreff22:
Haden no issues........Mays

That about says what I feel on the subject.
Mays

I wonder, how good is haden? u know? the 49ers did pick the CB in the one round and since for 10 years somethings and really was busts!! So I prefer the 3 round through 6 rounds for CB that would best for the 49ers!!

1st round is CB

RW? But then they also drafted Lott in the first round. Nothing magical about the round number

Ahmed, IMO, wasn't a bust. He played very well, but once he got injured, he could never stay healthy afterwards.
HELLOOOOOOOOO O LINE PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! F the sexy picks WE ?NEED OLINE HELLOOOOOOOO PEOPLE!!!!!
Originally posted by NinerFan1977:
HELLOOOOOOOOO O LINE PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! F the sexy picks WE ?NEED OLINE HELLOOOOOOOO PEOPLE!!!!!

SO YOU ARE SAYING DRAFT NOTHING BUT OL WITH THE FIRST 4 PICKS???

IS THAT THE OL HELP YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT!!!!!!!
  • ptinerocket
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by NinerFan1977:

SO YOU ARE SAYING DRAFT NOTHING BUT OL WITH THE FIRST 4 PICKS???

IS THAT THE OL HELP YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT!!!!!!!

NO HE'S SAYING WE SHOULD SPEND ONE OF OUR 1ST ROUNDERS FOR IT BECAUSE ITS IMPORTANT TO HAVE A GOOD ANCHOR AT ONE OF THE OLINE POSITIONS
We should draft a OT with the first pick.

If Clements agrees to move to safety, we can kill two birds with one stone by drafting Haden with the second pick.

We need to draft a OT in the first round, that cannot be disputed.

Second round, guard or PR/KR/wideout.

Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
We should draft a OT with the first pick.

If Clements agrees to move to safety, we can kill two birds with one stone by drafting Haden with the second pick.

We need to draft a OT in the first round, that cannot be disputed.

Second round, guard or PR/KR/wideout.

We would have to switch it around because Haden is really moving up boards because he's the top CB in the draft. So select him with our 1st pick, then Anthony Davis or Mike Iupati with our second first rounder.
Originally posted by gilwankel:

2000, 2002, and 1998. The people who made the decisions to pick those players are no longer with the team, so what do they have to do with our team going forward?

ok, If the people who made the decisions to pick those players are like Plummer, Rumph and Mcquarters because we didn't make the playoff since 8 years. then it is very dumb to pick those and a waste of our time.

[ Edited by BuZzB28 on Dec 19, 2009 at 00:14:50 ]
Mays

1st round is CB

Ahmed, IMO, wasn't a bust. He played very well, but once he got injured, he could never stay healthy afterwards.

oh my gosh.. i already saw to ahmed that he was still suck like Roman. He was bad for miss to tickles and gave him the long yards or TD. I am sick of that. he was a bust anyway it.. If he played very well like Lawson? so He didn't have very talent at football a play! I didn't interesting at him. I really looking for and very talent like Crabtree or Pwillis. they are very talent at football than played very well..
Mays

1st round is CB

oh my gosh.. i already saw to ahmed that he was still suck like Roman. He was bad for miss to tickles and gave him the long yards or TD. I am sick of that. he was a bust anyway it.. If he played very well like Lawson? so He didn't have very talent at football a play! I didn't interesting at him. I really looking for and very talent like Crabtree or Pwillis. they are very talent at football than played very well..

What the hell are you saying?

[ Edited by 49ersfan80 on Dec 19, 2009 at 00:50:06 ]
Mays

1st round is CB

Plummer wasn't a bust. Neither was McQuarters. He just didn't play very well for us. But he made a career.

I will give you Rumph, but your logic is flawed. By your logic if we have a first round bust, we have to avoid drafting 1at rounders at that position in future. This doesn't make sense. No receivers, no qb's, no de's, no rb's. In fact if you go back far enough, I guess we will just take kickers with our 1st rounders!

No. Rashaun Woods busting does not cause Michael Crabtree to bust.

So
Share 49ersWebzone