• buck
  • Veteran
Haden yes

Mays no
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erman5692:
we really dont need a saftey, i would rather go Oline

IF we didn't have critical needs at other positions (OT, OG, KR/PR), I could see the Mays selection. But since we do, no to Mays.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by domesik:
I don't know why folks don't want a player that would solve 4 positions of need

KR, PR, slot WR, gun back

And not taking anything away from Gore but I don't care how he feels about the 49ers drafting another RB, this is a big boy league, not a tea party. I want Spiller with the thought that it would actually extend Gores career, not push him out of the offense.

Plus Gore isn't getting any younger.

Gotta love how some of you guys are against drafting arguably the 2nd best WR prospect in this draft (one who can be used in the return game, could play in the slot if needed and would increase our team speed at WR which is needed) but you are all for Spiller ?

Do we need to spend a 1st round pick on a RB with Gore and Coffee already back there ? Nope.....do we truly know how good Coffee can be ? Nope...since the bye week he has barely touched the ball and it's hard to judge a back who has not been given the chance to run behind a solid OL (and with a playcaller who can actually calls plays and not be so predictable). Spiller would extend Gore's career ? Coffee could do the same possibly we just don't know yet, oops wait....I forgot that WZ'ers can tell if a player is a bust or not during or after 1 year as a pro.

The same argument people will use against Tate could be used against Spiller.
Originally posted by 49ersfan80:
Originally posted by BuZzB28:
Originally posted by SF69ers:
Originally posted by English:
Mays

But I like that a lot of mock drafts have us selecting Haden

I wonder, how good is haden? u know? the 49ers did pick the CB in the one round and since for 10 years somethings and really was busts!! So I prefer the 3 round through 6 rounds for CB that would best for the 49ers!!

1st round is CB

RW? But then they also drafted Lott in the first round. Nothing magical about the round number

ok, Do you remember about Ahmed Plummer, Mike Rumph, and R.W. Mcquarters that they were 1 rounds of all busts!!

Ahmed, IMO, wasn't a bust. He played very well, but once he got injured, he could never stay healthy afterwards.

oh my gosh.. i already saw to ahmed that he was still suck like Roman. He was bad for miss to tickles and gave him the long yards or TD. I am sick of that. he was a bust anyway it.. If he played very well like Lawson? so He didn't have very talent at football a play! I didn't interesting at him. I really looking for and very talent like Crabtree or Pwillis. they are very talent at football than played very well..

What the hell are you saying?

Lay off my man Buzz...... you can read can't you?
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Originally posted by 49ersfan80:
Originally posted by English:
Mays

But I like that a lot of mock drafts have us selecting Haden

I wonder, how good is haden? u know? the 49ers did pick the CB in the one round and since for 10 years somethings and really was busts!! So I prefer the 3 round through 6 rounds for CB that would best for the 49ers!!

1st round is CB

RW? But then they also drafted Lott in the first round. Nothing magical about the round number

ok, Do you remember about Ahmed Plummer, Mike Rumph, and R.W. Mcquarters that they were 1 rounds of all busts!!

Ahmed, IMO, wasn't a bust. He played very well, but once he got injured, he could never stay healthy afterwards.

oh my gosh.. i already saw to ahmed that he was still suck like Roman. He was bad for miss to tickles and gave him the long yards or TD. I am sick of that. he was a bust anyway it.. If he played very well like Lawson? so He didn't have very talent at football a play! I didn't interesting at him. I really looking for and very talent like Crabtree or Pwillis. they are very talent at football than played very well..

What the hell are you saying?

Lay off my man Buzz...... you can read can't you?

Not sure reading is the issue here.
Originally posted by domesik:
I don't know why folks don't want a player that would solve 4 positions of need

KR, PR, slot WR, gun back

And not taking anything away from Gore but I don't care how he feels about the 49ers drafting another RB, this is a big boy league, not a tea party. I want Spiller with the thought that it would actually extend Gores career, not push him out of the offense.

Plus Gore isn't getting any younger.

I don't see Spiller or any other back ever taking away a substantial amount of carries away from Gore in the near term. I base this statement on the amount of carries that Coffee has shared so far with Gore - not many.

We don't need to draft a guy IN THE FIRST ROUND whose biggest impact will be on special teams. What exactly is the logic in that? We can get those guys in the 4th round.

Spiller will be used nothing more than like Reggie Bush is on the Saints. All that being said, I'd prefer Bush over Spiller.

-9fA
Share 49ersWebzone