LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 307 users in the forums

Prospect Watch: Bowl Week #1 (12/19-12/24)

Originally posted by OnTheClock:

As for tonight -- I'm picking SMU over Nevada. Sure, I could be wrong, but something tells me June Jones is going to enjoy the return to Hawaii. The Emmanuel Sanders kid has got some moves, let me tell ya, so keep all eyes on him. He's like a faster, slightly bigger Harry Douglas. He's one of the better players no one known about, and I'd be ecstatic to land him anywhere from the 5th-7th round.

Sanders has a chance to go over 1300 yards tonight. He has 91 catches for 1215, 6 TDs currently. His first punt return of the year went 79 yards for a TD. Hopefully on the big stage, he can continue his success.

Always nice being right (at least so far). Sanders has had a nice return, and a big play -- a 58 yard catch. SMU Leads 17-0 currently.

(Edit for UPDATE)

Sanders' second catch goes 17 yards for a TD. Current totals: 2 Rec. 75 yards, 1 TD. 3 Punt Returns for 22 yards, Long of 18.

SMU Leads 24-0.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Dec 24, 2009 at 6:11 PM ]
Game's over. SMU is going to win. 38-3 with 8 minutes left.

Sanders' stats: 7 catches, 124 yards, 1 TD.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Game's over. SMU is going to win. 38-3 with 8 minutes left.

Sanders' stats: 7 catches, 124 yards, 1 TD.

Yeah I didn't watch the whole game but he was balling today. I'm convinced he's legit.
Im a junior at SMU, so apart from he fact im on cloud 9 right now about our football squad, im pretty excited to see where Sanders goes in the draft. He has great hands and body control in the air, he adjusts to deep balls with perfect timing so the defenders have no idea where the ball is.

My good buddy is on the team and he says that after ingram won the heisman he walked around the locker room for a good 3 straight days telling everyone that he should have won it and is the best player in college football. definitely has the NFL wr mentality.
Originally posted by DynastyChile:
Im a junior at SMU, so apart from he fact im on cloud 9 right now about our football squad, im pretty excited to see where Sanders goes in the draft. He has great hands and body control in the air, he adjusts to deep balls with perfect timing so the defenders have no idea where the ball is.

My good buddy is on the team and he says that after ingram won the heisman he walked around the locker room for a good 3 straight days telling everyone that he should have won it and is the best player in college football. definitely has the NFL wr mentality.

Dude I would love it if we could get him in the 4th or 5th. After watching him play today and watching some of his film+his sick stats I'm convinced. That dude can go deep, has pretty good speed, good hands, and he seems to run good routes. He can make plays. We have Crabtree but he's more of a posession guy. We could use a WR like Sanders, especially in the slot. Hill has been playing lately and aside from dropping passes and slipping on routes he has shown me nothing. Jones had that 1 nice catch and that was about it. Sanders in the slot=awesomeness.
Share 49ersWebzone