LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 310 users in the forums

Prospect Watch: Bowl Week #1 (12/19-12/24)

Originally posted by teeohh:
I don't like Tepper or Tucker

Nor do many other Cal fans.

I expect Tepper to go in the 7th or UDFA and be converted to a guard.

As much as I like Cal, and want them to win tonight.. I think Utah is going to absolutely blow them out of the water.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Dec 23, 2009 at 11:13 AM ]
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

As much as I like Cal, and want them to win tonight.. I think Utah is going to absolutely blow them out of the water.

I know , but if they can get the running game going we have a better chance, if it becomes a shootout then you're right

I know , but if they can get the running game going we have a better chance, if it becomes a shootout then you're right

Well, it looks good for Cal at least to start -- up 7-0.

Keep your eyes on #41 of Utah on Defense, Koa Misi. Big guy but he can really move for being 260+ pounds, a nice DE/OLB hybrid prospect for the 4th-5th round.
Wow, okay 14-0 Cal now. Utah is not playing well at all. Doesn't look at all like the team that spanked Alabama last year, that's for sure.

Well, it looks good for Cal at least to start -- up 7-0.

Keep your eyes on #41 of Utah on Defense, Koa Misi. Big guy but he can really move for being 260+ pounds, a nice DE/OLB hybrid prospect for the 4th-5th round.

Misi went to the HS down the street from me in Santa Rosa, same school that Ezeff came out of. Good kids, both.

http://www.pressdemocrat.com/article/20091223/SPORTS/912229967/1010/SPORTS?Title=Ex-Montgomery-players-on-both-sides-of-tonight-s-Cal-Utah-bowl-game
Cal has Utah on its heels rite now on defense.
#10 Sylvester is all over for the Utes.
Ouch. Tucker was absolutely lit. Up. By Robert Johnson.

Misi is playing well, and I'm sure that hit -- a smart, legal hit at that -- is something the scouts'll like.

Originally posted by tohara3:

He is -- and it was the same story last year against Alabama. The kid was making plays all over the field. If anything, I like him as a potential MIKE backer back-up.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Dec 23, 2009 at 6:16 PM ]
Tucker is garbage, he's dropped some important catches this season
Ouch. Tucker was absolutely lit. Up. By Robert Johnson.

Misi is playing well, and I'm sure that hit -- a smart, legal hit at that -- is something the scouts'll like.

Originally posted by tohara3:

He is -- and it was the same story last year against Alabama. The kid was making plays all over the field. If anything, I like him as a potential MIKE backer back-up.

Wow that was a monster hit by Johnson. He would look great next to Goldson in our secondary. I was wondering if Sylvester could be a Mike backer. Seems to have good size & speed.

Utah LT Zane Beadles sure looks like a guard at the next level. He looked a bit off-balance on a number of pass plays in the first half. However, he looks terrific in run blocking. Body type really matches a guard. Arms appear short. Could be worth a look in the third round on.

Robert Johnson is a nice looking prospect. This sure is a draft of tall FS. Johnson does look the part of the 6'2", 200 pounder. Cut real high.
[ Edited by MadDog49er on Dec 23, 2009 at 7:05 PM ]
Wow another shot by Johnson on Tucker!
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Utah LT Zane Beadles sure looks like a guard at the next level. He looked a bit off-balance on a number of pass plays in the first half. However, he looks terrific in run blocking. Body type really matches a guard. Arms appear short. Could be worth a look in the third round on.

I like Beadles' play. He's small for a tackle, and I imagine he probably will indeed move to guard at the next level. It's true his body type really does resemble a guard.

That last play I saw for Utah, he was giving some nice blocks, showing a bit of power keeping defenders away.

3rd might be a wee bit early, but not too early. I like Zane in the 4th.

Riley is horrendous, I can't see him improving enough to be a legitimate prospect any time soon. And Tucker looks fragile and like a guy who would often gator-arm passes in the NFL.

As I mentioned before, I think Tepper needs to move to guard.

I love Robert Johnson's play out there. Just incredible range and closing speed. In my write-up on him, I compare him to a poor-man's Charles Woodson, breaking on the ball so fast, getting interceptions and making plays on balls that QB's just don't expect him to be able to get to.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Dec 23, 2009 at 7:09 PM ]

I like Beadles' play. He's small for a tackle, and I imagine he probably will indeed move to guard at the next level. It's true his body type really does resemble a guard.

That last play I saw for Utah, he was giving some nice blocks, showing a bit of power keeping defenders away.

Riley is horrendous, I can't see him improving enough to be a legitimate prospect any time soon. And Tucker looks fragile and like a guy who would often gator-arm passes in the NFL.

I agree with Beadles as a fourth rounder. However, the team may need to reach if they feel he'll be off the board by the middle of the 4th. I see his greatest weakness as holding the edge with speed rushers.

I love Robert Johnson's play out there. Just incredible range and closing speed. In my write-up on him, I compare him to a poor-man's Charles Woodson, breaking on the ball so fast, getting interceptions and making plays on balls that QB's just don't expect him to be able to get to.

Great comparison on Robert Johnson. Would really like to draft this kid.
Share 49ersWebzone