LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 294 users in the forums

Do we need any offensive skill players in this draft?

Originally posted by strickac:
Yes, we need a burner at either WR or RB, preferably WR. Spurlock is gone and Bruce and Battle likely won't be with us next season. Jacoby Jones could stretch the field for us and double as a returner.

I wonder how well Spiller could run WR routes. With his quickness, I doubt it would be an issue for him. He has nice hands and if he could slide out and play some WR (similar to Harvin), he could be a great pickup. We'd get an explosive player and a great returner.

Spiller would be perfect for this offense. He could be our KR/PR & could also be used as our 3rd back who has very good hands & can play WR in the slot when needed.
we mostly need linemen but an awesome safety like eric berry or RB/WR/PR/KR like CJ Spiller or Jahvid Best would be awesome.
No unless he doubles as a return guy. Especially early in the draft.
Jimmy Clausen is the next Drew Brees..

If he comes out this year.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by bigfan:

Draft Clausen & Tate in 2010 should they declare
Originally posted by KRS-1:

people will talk sh*t about clausen and if they arent sold on him, I would understand, but how could anyone not be sold on tate? the guy just makes plays. And wait till Floyd is back to full speed... cant double them both

[ Edited by bigfan on Nov 5, 2009 at 10:12:14 ]
  • evil
  • Veteran

people will talk sh*t about clausen and if they arent sold on him, I would understand, but how could anyone not be sold on tate? the guy just makes plays. And wait till Floyd is back to full speed... cant double them both

I won't. Not if yanyone watched him play week in week out this year, you can't argue his talent. If you watched him play over his first 2 years and compare it to this year then you would see how much he has grown in every aspect. He is a 1st round talent plain and simple.

Many will hate on him because of the school he chose to play for.

I won't. Not if yanyone watched him play week in week out this year, you can't argue his talent. If you watched him play over his first 2 years and compare it to this year then you would see how much he has grown in every aspect. He is a 1st round talent plain and simple.

Many will hate on him because of the school he chose to play for.

I agree with you on Clausen, but then again I watch him every week. He can make all the throws and puts the ball right where it needs to be. But like you said, those that dont watch every week wont know how good he is
Originally posted by TheFunkyChicken:
Originally posted by 49ersRednGold:
Originally posted by 49ersForever:
Originally posted by dman:
We need a speedy return guy at either RB or WR ... someone like Bush, Parvin, Sproles, etc.

a wr that can also double as a kr/pr

I think I would rather have a RB who can double as a kr/pr. We essentially only have 2 backs right now. We need a 3rd one who has speed and quickness.

WRs, we seem to be pretty set with Morgan, Crabtree, Jones, Hill and likely Ziegler if we do not draft someone in the later rounds.

I think it could be a RB or WR. We need a return guy BAD that's for sure. But I also think we could use someone with more speed on offense. Right now the only burner we have is Davis. I'd like someone with speed that defenses have to respect, whether it's a RB or WR, that can field kicks and punts.

Honestly, I would have liked to see Jason Hill and Kory Sheets each get chance to be that guy, before we draft someone. Oh well.

Brandon Jones is a speedster, but I do understand the explosiveness an offense can be if they have a couple of speedsters to stretch the field and make big plays. I just feel we also need that 3rd back who is a speedster/gamebreaker a la a Chris Johnson.
Jimmy Clausen? Didn't he choke at the end of the game against USC? Definitely not a clutch performer.

• evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LionHeartofGold:
Jimmy Clausen? Didn't he choke at the end of the game against USC? Definitely not a clutch performer.

Jimmy Clausen led his team back at the end of the 3 previous games. Leading your team at the end of the 4th quarter in 3 out of 4 games is clutch. He had 1 bad throw and your writing him off. Good job basing his performance on that 1 throw.
  • Sacramento49er
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by LionHeartofGold:

Jimmy Clausen led his team back at the end of the 3 previous games. Leading your team at the end of the 4th quarter in 3 out of 4 games is clutch. He had 1 bad throw and your writing him off. Good job basing his performance on that 1 throw.

to add to that, his receivers let him down on 3 of those throws. he will be a good nfl qb as much as i hate to admit it
  • cools
  • Veteran
Spiller is amazing, thats the only Off Skill position player i'd want in the 1rst (atm)

We need to draft a very good Punt/Kick returner, good odds that it will be a RB or WR, so yes we do

Battle, Bruce and maybe Hill will be gone next year, so I'd expect us to draft a WR
for depth behind Morgan, MC and Jones
Omar Bolden in round 3 if he comes out. Could be a Kick-Off returner but he is a DB

[ Edited by Icelandic49er on Nov 6, 2009 at 01:51:52 ]
Originally posted by cools:
Spiller is amazing, thats the only Off Skill position player i'd want in the 1rst (atm)

We need to draft a very good Punt/Kick returner, good odds that it will be a RB or WR, so yes we do

Battle, Bruce and maybe Hill will be gone next year, so I'd expect us to draft a WR
for depth behind Morgan, MC and Jones

Agree, Spiller would be great for us.
Share 49ersWebzone