There are 144 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Prospect Watch: (10/22 - 10/24)

Hello, and welcome to this weeks edition of OTC's Prospect Watch. My main focus this week will be on the following:

THURSDAY, OCT. 22

Florida State at North Carolina, 8:00 PM EST (ESPN)
Florida State:
CB Patrick Robinson, 5-11 194 4.42
WR Richard Goodman, 6-0 191 4.53

North Carolina:
DT Marvin Austin, 6-3 305 4.93 * JR
FS Deunta Williams, 6-2 205 4.48 * JR
DT Cam Thomas, 6-3 328 5.18


FRIDAY, OCT. 23

Rutgers at Army, 8:00 PM EST (ESPN2)
Rutgers:
OT Anthony Davis, 6-6 325 5.28 * JR
CB Devin McCourty, 5-11 190 4.47
OT Kevin Haslam, 6-5 295 5.27
DE/OLB George Johnson, 6-4 265 4.78

Army:
None.

SATURDAY, OCT. 24

Tennessee at #2 Alabama, 3:30 PM EST (CBS)
Tennessee:
SS Eric Berry, 5-11 203 4.40 *JR
RB Montario Hardesty, 6-0 215 4.55
OT Chris Scott, 6-4 346 5.36
DT Dan Williams, 6-2 327 5.23

Alabama:
CB Javier Arenas, 5-9 198 4.57
DE Brandon Deadrick, 6-4 296 4.96
OG Mike Johnson, 6-5 305 5.38
ILB Rolando McClain, 6-4 256 4.58 * JR
DT Terrance Cody, 6-4 365 5.72
SS Justin Woodall, 6-1 220 4.64
CB Kareem Jackson, 5-11 192 4.50 * JR
TE Colin Peek, 6-5 255 4.84


Clemson at #10 Miami, 3:30 PM EST (ABC)
Clemson:
RB C.J. Spiller, 5-11 195 4.37
OLB Ricky Sapp, 6-4 248 4.58
WR Jacoby Ford, 5-9 185 4.37
OG Austin Thomas, 6-3 310 5.16
OLB Kavell Conner, 6-1 235 4.67
CB Chris Chancellor, 5-10 172 4.48
SS DeAndre McDaniel, 6-0 210 4.45 * JR
CB Crezdon Butler, 6-0 185 4.47

Miami:
OLB Darryl Sharpton, 5-11 235 4.63
OT Jason Fox, 6-6 314 5.16
FS Randy Phillips, 6-0 210 4.59
RB Javarris James, 5-11 208 4.58
TE Dedric Epps, 6-4 253 4.76
OLB Eric Moncur, 6-2 250 4.78


#13 Penn State at Michigan, 3:30 PM EST (ABC)

Penn State:
RB Evan Royster, 6-1 213 4.53 * JR
QB Daryl Clark, 6-1 232 4.62
DT Jared Odrick, 6-4 298 5.05
TE Andrew Quarles, 6-5 248 4.74

Michigan:
DE/OLB Brandon Graham, 6-1 263 4.74
RB Brandon Minor, 6-0 218 4.59
CB Donovan Warren, 6-0 185 4.42 * JR


Auburn at #9 LSU, 7:30 PM EST (ESPN2)
Auburn:
RB Ben Tate, 5-11 218 4.50
OLB Antonio Coleman, 6-1 258 4.87

LSU:
WR Brandon LaFell, 6-3 206 4.54
RB Charles Scott, 5-11 234 4.60
SS Harry Coleman, 6-2 206 4.53
FS Chad Jones, 6-3 230 4.55 * JR
FB Richard Dickson, 6-2 240 4.78
OT Ciron Black, 6-4 322 5.36
RB Keiland Williams, 5-11 221 4.56
DE/OLB Rahim Alem, 6-3 262 4.79
FS Danny McCray, 6-1 206 4.55
OLB Perry Riley, 6-1 245 4.64
CB Chris Hawkins, 6-0 185 4.49
DT Al Woods, 6-3 312 5.36
WR Trindon Holliday, 5-5 168 4.27

#1 Florida at Mississippi State, 7:30 PM EST (ESPN)
Florida:
ILB Brandon Spikes, 6-3 256 4.76
QB Tim Tebow, 6-3 245 4.68
DE Carlos Dunlap, 6-6 290 4.78 * JR
CB Joe Haden, 5-11 190 4.42 * JR
C Maurkice Pouncey, 6-5 318 5.22 * JR
OG Mike Pouncey, 6-5 320 5.38 * JR
DT Lawrence Marsh, 6-4 305 4.94 * JR
DE/OLB Jermaine Cunningham, 6-3 252 4.68
WR Riley Cooper, 6-3 215 4.49

Mississippi State:
RB Anthony Dixon, 6-1 235 4.59
ILB Jamar Chaney, 6-1 240 4.64


#8 TCU at #16 BYU, 7:30 PM EST (VERSUS)

TCU:
OLB Jerry Hughes, 6-2 257 4.72
ILB Daryl Washington, 6-2 234 4.57

BYU:
QB Max Hall, 6-1 202 4.76
TE Dennis Pitta, 6-5 248 4.73
DE/OLB Jan Jorgensen, 6-2 259 4.79


#3 Texas at Missouri, 8:00 PM EST (ABC)

Texas:
QB Colt McCoy, 6-2 212 4.68
OLB Sergio Kindle, 6-4 255 4.66
WR Jordan Shipley, 6-0 190 4.47
OT Adam Ulatoski, 6-6 310 5.28
DT Lamarr Houston, 6-2 300 4.93
OLB Roddrick Muckelroy, 6-2 235 4.67

Missouri
OLB Sean Weatherspoon, 6-1 245 4.59
WR Danario Alexander, 6-4 215 4.58
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Oct 24, 2009 at 3:47 PM ]
Thank you
Wow, that's a great idea! Thanks!
Good Job OTC, thanks for the heads-up
Wow, it's going to be a great Saturday.
Eric Decker
I am going to try to watch the Clemson/Miami game. Really want to see what Sapp and Spiller can do as they will likely be around during our second 1st round pick.
Originally posted by RollinWith21n52:
Thank you
Originally posted by Overkill:
Wow, that's a great idea! Thanks!
Originally posted by highway49:
Good Job OTC, thanks for the heads-up

No problem, fellas.

Originally posted by ads_2006:
Eric Decker

I know I didn't include the Minnesota-OSU game. Reason being because I pretty much already know what every prospect there can do, as do many others. People really need to see guys like Jerry Hughes, Graham, Shipley, Dunlap, Anthony Davis, and several others to get a more accurate read on their abilities now going up against some better competition.

Originally posted by 49ersRednGold:
I am going to try to watch the Clemson/Miami game. Really want to see what Sapp and Spiller can do as they will likely be around during our second 1st round pick.

They certainly could be. Spiller, although I'd love to have him, is someone I'm not sure Scot would pursue despite his terrific abilities. Pass-rushers and OL I think will be the brunt of our selections. Sapp brings a combined element of speed and quickness that we just don't have. Lawson has speed and size, but lacks great lateral mobility. Haralson lacks all of those things, but is a great hustle guy and has decent strength.

What do we need? Some guys with a fine combo of quickness, power, and tenacity. I want to see some tenacious rushers who refuse to be blocked. Guys that are virtually impossible to sustain a block on for any significant amount of time. Right now, our guys on D get locked up, and are stuck. Justin Smith is the only one who seems to "eventually" get there.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Oct 22, 2009 at 1:03 PM ]
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by RollinWith21n52:
Thank you
Originally posted by Overkill:
Wow, that's a great idea! Thanks!
Originally posted by highway49:
Good Job OTC, thanks for the heads-up

No problem, fellas.

Originally posted by ads_2006:
Eric Decker

I know I didn't include the Minnesota-OSU game. Reason being because I pretty much already know what every prospect there can do, as do many others. People really need to see guys like Jerry Hughes, Graham, Shipley, Dunlap, Anthony Davis, and several others to get a more accurate read on their abilities now going up against some better competition.

Originally posted by 49ersRednGold:
I am going to try to watch the Clemson/Miami game. Really want to see what Sapp and Spiller can do as they will likely be around during our second 1st round pick.

They certainly could be. Spiller, although I'd love to have him, is someone I'm not sure Scot would pursue despite his terrific abilities. Pass-rushers and OL I think will be the brunt of our selections. Sapp brings a combined element of speed and quickness that we just don't have. Lawson has speed and size, but lacks great lateral mobility. Haralson lacks all of those things, but is a great hustle guy and has decent strength.

What do we need? Some guys with a fine combo of quickness, power, and tenacity. I want to see some tenacious rushers who refuse to be blocked. Guys that are virtually impossible to sustain a block on for any significant amount of time. Right now, our guys on D get locked up, and are stuck. Justin Smith is the only one who seems to "eventually" get there.

Completely agree OTC. Great job on post. I want pass rushers who won't just try to run around the tackle & 5 yards behind the QB.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 21,311
Greg Little the reciever from NC looks good. I wouldn't mind him next to Crabtree next year, real physical at 6'3" 215 lbs. I don't know how he times, but he looks like another TO. They say he is a converted RB so he should have some juke in him.
[ Edited by mayo63 on Oct 22, 2009 at 5:30 PM ]
Originally posted by mayo63:
Greg Little the reciever from NC looks good. I wouldn't mind him next to Crabtree next year, real physical at 6'3" 215 lbs. I don't know how he times, but he looks like another TO. They say he is a converted RB so he should have some juke in him.

I like Little's play. I'd like to see him continue to improve over the course of one more season. With Tate and Nicks gone, he's the guy, and this is his chance to shine.

DL Austin is playing well tonight -- 1 Fumble recovery for a key play so far.
This game is turning out to be a much better one than it initially seemed.

24-20 Florida State coming alive, playing well on defense now, but still trailing by 4.

Cam Thomas sure is quick off the snap for being almost 330 pounds. Think he could make a fine development NT prospect.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
This game is turning out to be a much better one than it initially seemed.

24-20 Florida State coming alive, playing well on defense now, but still trailing by 4.

Cam Thomas sure is quick off the snap for being almost 330 pounds. Think he could make a fine development NT prospect.

Now 24-23 with 12 minutes left.
Originally posted by SF69ers:
Wow, it's going to be a great Saturday.

yes, will be watching to eric berry on sat.. can't wait.. if he is pro or not.. let me see.. i know, ur wannna eric berry all the time.. ok let me see and watch him on sat..
Originally posted by 49ersRednGold:
I am going to try to watch the Clemson/Miami game. Really want to see what Sapp and Spiller can do as they will likely be around during our second 1st round pick.

I really want to watching cj spiller on the tv show ABC at 330pm on sat .. whoooo can't wait